New iPhone X - TERRIBLE video quality

Innerchild

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I just videoed a few scenes from a wedding with my X and it is crystal clear. There was good lighting in the room which helped tremendously, and even mirroring it to my 65”TV it is still sharp.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, but I'm not even going to watch your videos until they are taken in the correct format. YOU are breaking the cardinal rule of shooting video by holding the phone VERTICAL! Please go back and hold the phone correctly, that is bottom side to the right and try again...

The X is capable of some of the best capture on a mobile device IF you are willing to practice and learn its strengths and weaknesses.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, but I'm not even going to watch your videos until they are taken in the correct format. YOU are breaking the cardinal rule of shooting video by holding the phone VERTICAL! Please go back and hold the phone correctly, that is bottom side to the right and try again...

The X is capable of some of the best capture on a mobile device IF you are willing to practice and learn its strengths and weaknesses.

Maybe you could make a forum post on how to properly shoot photos and videos on the iPhone. It would be extremely helpful to all us amateurs who do not know how to hold a camera properly.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
If you live close to an Apple store you might want to think about looking into it with one of their workshops that can be found on Apple website under “Today At Apple”; they have a series of different classes including photography and video. I’ve taken a couple of them before and they really awesome. In fact, I’m re-taking one today just to familiarize myself with the 8 plus camera. They are free and you can take them as often you want.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
And see the problem lies in the simplicity of using the devices.
The camera's firmware should take video in the proper perspective regardless of the device's orientation.

In such case, held vertically, the video fills the frame horizontally leaving large spaces above and below. That's the way it should be, period.

The only exception, perhaps would be the front camera. I get this, people doing facetime, selfies, etc. Fine there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner