Switching back to iOS

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I tried. I got the Note 8 at the end of October. It's a killer phone and I love it and I've had fun with it, but I miss my iPhone. Sold my Note, and on Thursday I'm heading to AT&T to pick up my silver 256GB iPhone X. I absolutely can't wait.

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
So was Android OS the deal killer for you or the hardware?

I guess all in all it must have been Android - but it wasn't Android's fault. I love Android actually. But in the grand scheme of things, iOS makes more sense for my particular situation. My entire family uses Android, and was a bit resistant to using other apps to video call me (so no FaceTime) or to text me videos or anything like that (so I got blurry vidoes while everyone else got clear ones sent through iMessage). Stuff like that. It was more of the "sheep" effect that people talk about. My entire flock is with apple, and as much as I enjoyed Android, it just makes me more sense for me to have apple too. I'm not upset about it, because i do love my iPhones. But I'm juuuuust techy enough to wish I had a legit reason to need a second phone/line so I could use both haha.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I was in the same boat. Absolutely loved my Note 8, but the iPhone X just made more sense for me to use right now. I mostly text and email and am very particular about my grammar and punctuation when typing. With iOS, I’m way faster and a lot more accurate..... Way to many typing errors with android.....

My whole family is also on iOS and my kids (5 and 8) can FaceTime and iMessage me from their phones while they are at home on WiFi and I’m at work or on the road. My wife also is a iOS user and can just AirDrop everything to me right away which is awesome!! Don’t even get me started on chargers and cables lol.....

I’ve had all of the Samsung flagships since the Note 2 and always find myself back on iOS. I just sold off my Note 8 and bought a 256GB iPhone X and will ride this out for a long time.....

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I guess all in all it must have been Android - but it wasn't Android's fault. I love Android actually. But in the grand scheme of things, iOS makes more sense for my particular situation. My entire family uses Android, and was a bit resistant to using other apps to video call me (so no FaceTime) or to text me videos or anything like that (so I got blurry vidoes while everyone else got clear ones sent through iMessage). Stuff like that. It was more of the "sheep" effect that people talk about. My entire flock is with apple, and as much as I enjoyed Android, it just makes me more sense for me to have apple too. I'm not upset about it, because i do love my iPhones. But I'm juuuuust techy enough to wish I had a legit reason to need a second phone/line so I could use both haha.

I have both. I have a tech addiction lol!

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a second line/device and I was using my 6s for my primary and a note for the secondary. I was really good the with android os but I hated not having everything on my cloud. So I gave the note to my girl and bought an iPhone se just to have a smaller and decent phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have two phones....an iPhone X and an iPhone 8. It’s been a while since I’ve used my iPhone 8 and keep telling myself that I will put the X back in the box for a bit and use the 8 for a while. I’ve yet to do that. ...Anyway, congratulations on getting your iPhone X and let us know what you think of it when it arrives. Take care.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've bought so many Android phones over the years, but always end up back on iOS. For me it's the overall package that brings me back. There are many things I like more about Android, but when it comes to integration with my other Apple devices and day to day use, I'm just happier on iOS over Android.

It's like there are little things that I love about Android, but when you put it all together the pros don't outweigh the cons. With iOS the opposite is true. There are things I don't like about iOS, but the big picture is iOS just works better for me.

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I have both. I have a tech addiction lol!

Hahahaha. That's awesome! I was just telling a friend that j remember back in the day when it was easy to switch between phones. I switched between one of the original iPhones and a blackberry depending on my mood. I just popped the Sim in to whichever phone I felt like using. It's a bit tougher to do that now (for me at least).

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I have a second line/device and I was using my 6s for my primary and a note for the secondary. I was really good the with android os but I hated not having everything on my cloud. So I gave the note to my girl and bought an iPhone se just to have a smaller and decent phone.

Yeah that's the thing. When I switched back to my note I relaized I had a bunch of fun apps that I forgot about, and it's been fun using them again, etc. But I've missed alllll the info and stuff that I've collected and invested in iOS over the years. And having everything in the cloud is just so nice. I've still gone back to my iPad and pulled stuff out of the cloud there, instead of trying to do something on my note.

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I've bought so many Android phones over the years, but always end up back on iOS. For me it's the overall package that brings me back. There are many things I like more about Android, but when it comes to integration with my other Apple devices and day to day use, I'm just happier on iOS over Android.

It's like there are little things that I love about Android, but when you put it all together the pros don't outweigh the cons. With iOS the opposite is true. There are things I don't like about iOS, but the big picture is iOS just works better for me.

That explains it PERFECTLY.

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I have two phones....an iPhone X and an iPhone 8. It’s been a while since I’ve used my iPhone 8 and keep telling myself that I will put the X back in the box for a bit and use the 8 for a while. I’ve yet to do that. ...Anyway, congratulations on getting your iPhone X and let us know what you think of it when it arrives. Take care.

Thank you! Two more days! Can't wait!

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Hahahaha. That's awesome! I was just telling a friend that j remember back in the day when it was easy to switch between phones. I switched between one of the original iPhones and a blackberry depending on my mood. I just popped the Sim in to whichever phone I felt like using. It's a bit tougher to do that now (for me at least).

I have my X on Verizon and Note 8 on AT&T lol. One thing the Note wins hands down...I live in a rural area in Georgia. No home internet is available where I live. I always have to use my hotspot on phone. So if I want to watch Amazon Prime video on my , it uses my hotspot data. There’s no workaround for the iPhone and Apple but there is for the Note, since I have a Samsung lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711