Switching back to iOS

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I love seeing these types of threads! glad to have you back! before i switched to ios i had the samsung galaxy s2 man, that was a disaster of a phone! hehe. I dont see myself leaving apple for a really long time!

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I love seeing these types of threads! glad to have you back! before i switched to ios i had the samsung galaxy s2 man, that was a disaster of a phone! hehe. I dont see myself leaving apple for a really long time!

Thanks! I love these types of threads too haha. I'm with you. I told my family, if I talk about switching again, smack me upside the head!

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

To be fair android devices have improved a lot since then. But I hear you about the S2. I didn’t own the S2 but I owned the original galaxy note which was from the same generation, had the same internals and it was a piece of crap.

Android devices are really stable and useable these days but I still prefer the iPhone.

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
To be fair android devices have improved a lot since then. But I hear you about the S2. I didn’t own the S2 but I owned the original galaxy note which was from the same generation, had the same internals and it was a piece of crap.

Android devices are really stable and useable these days but I still prefer the iPhone.

Agreed. There was a part of me that was slightly hesitant about switching back to Android after not having it for so long, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It honestly has been smooth as silk and a great phone.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
One thing I REALLY love about Android, is Android Auto. I much prefer it to Apple Car Play. Fortunately my car has both, so I have options.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I've bought so many Android phones over the years, but always end up back on iOS. For me it's the overall package that brings me back. There are many things I like more about Android, but when it comes to integration with my other Apple devices and day to day use, I'm just happier on iOS over Android.

It's like there are little things that I love about Android, but when you put it all together the pros don't outweigh the cons. With iOS the opposite is true. There are things I don't like about iOS, but the big picture is iOS just works better for me.

You nailed it. Weeks ago I got the urge to try the pixel XL 2. I had the pixel OG last year and loved it. It was the best android device I've ever used and was literally the iPhone of android devices. I ended up realizing that if it was the iPhone of android devices then why not just get an iPhone at that point? My entire family uses iOS. I always wanted to be that outsider who had android and be "different" from the mass majority of iOS users. I gave in and got an iPhone 7 plus, then got the X and decided let me return the X and try the pixel 2 XL. I missed that android experience on the pixel.

Well I lasted not even 48 hours with the pixel 2 and said enough is enough I just need to stick to iOS. Back when I was younger android was fun to use with rooting and customization. Now, I'm married...a toddler and a second on the way, things in my life have changed. Now I use FaceTime everyday with family and sending videos of my toddler is easy! Even though I find iOS to be so stale and boring, it meets my everyday needs. At this stage in my life, I am okay with the cons of iOS, I can easily live with them and hope they improve. The cons of the android I can't seem to live with (no iMessage, FaceTime, homekit, etc). The pros just don't outweigh the cons for me now.

That being said, I'm really happy with the X...it is my favorite iPhone to date.

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
You nailed it. Weeks ago I got the urge to try the pixel XL 2. I had the pixel OG last year and loved it. It was the best android device I've ever used and was literally the iPhone of android devices. I ended up realizing that if it was the iPhone of android devices then why not just get an iPhone at that point? My entire family uses iOS. I always wanted to be that outsider who had android and be "different" from the mass majority of iOS users. I gave in and got an iPhone 7 plus, then got the X and decided let me return the X and try the pixel 2 XL. I missed that android experience on the pixel.

Well I lasted not even 48 hours with the pixel 2 and said enough is enough I just need to stick to iOS. Back when I was younger android was fun to use with rooting and customization. Now, I'm married...a toddler and a second on the way, things in my life have changed. Now I use FaceTime everyday with family and sending videos of my toddler is easy! Even though I find iOS to be so stale and boring, it meets my everyday needs. At this stage in my life, I am okay with the cons of iOS, I can easily live with them and hope they improve. The cons of the android I can't seem to live with (no iMessage, FaceTime, homekit, etc). The pros just don't outweigh the cons for me now.

That being said, I'm really happy with the X...it is my favorite iPhone to date.

I know exactly what you mean about the pros of iOS meeting your needs - that's exactly right and exactly my situation, and you described the excitement of switching to Android but going back to iOS perfectly.

And congrats on the upcoming baby!

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
One thing I REALLY love about Android, is Android Auto. I much prefer it to Apple Car Play. Fortunately my car has both, so I have options.

I don't use either of those - my car doesn't support them j guess? Hopefully that's something that will come in my next car haha

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the CR-V and Accord, my baby girl (21) has the Civic and my oldest daughter and her husband have the Civic SI. Best vehicle you can buy that isn’t one of the luxury brands. Although my Accord seems very luxurious.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
At least I don’t have to buy anymore phones for a while, at least theoretically lol. Video games however, that’s a whole new story !!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I switched from Android to iOS in April 2016 and have had no complaints. I loved my Android devices (all Nexus devices) and loved the customization, especially custom roms. But I got tired of the constant tinkering, tweaking and rebooting. iOS just plain works..........at least, for me.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I have the CR-V and Accord, my baby girl (21) has the Civic and my oldest daughter and her husband have the Civic SI. Best vehicle you can buy that isn’t one of the luxury brands. Although my Accord seems very luxurious.

I know this is off topic, but I love the Type R Civic. It's gonna be my next car.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Welcome back!!! I personally prefer iOS. Back in the day I would upgrade to whatever phone was the latest and greatest. Currently I have the iPhone X and just cannot imagine needing another phone in the near future. This device does it all and I absolutely love it. I hope they update the iPad as well, I keep finding myself swiping up on my iPad instead of hitting the home button.

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I switched from Android to iOS in April 2016 and have had no complaints. I loved my Android devices (all Nexus devices) and loved the customization, especially custom roms. But I got tired of the constant tinkering, tweaking and rebooting. iOS just plain works..........at least, for me.

Exxxxxxactly. And man the Nexus! I had the Nexus one. I loved that phone. Haha. But I agree, iOS just plain works. I'm super excited to pick it up tomorrow.

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
Welcome back!!! I personally prefer iOS. Back in the day I would upgrade to whatever phone was the latest and greatest. Currently I have the iPhone X and just cannot imagine needing another phone in the near future. This device does it all and I absolutely love it. I hope they update the iPad as well, I keep finding myself swiping up on my iPad instead of hitting the home button.

I can't wait to get it tomorrow. It's been the longest week. Haha.

prestigiouswireless

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
I have my X on Verizon and Note 8 on AT&T lol. One thing the Note wins hands down...I live in a rural area in Georgia. No home internet is available where I live. I always have to use my hotspot on phone. So if I want to watch Amazon Prime video on my , it uses my hotspot data. There’s no workaround for the iPhone and Apple but there is for the Note, since I have a Samsung lol

It’s a loophole in Samsung devices.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro