Switching back to iOS

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
Update: it just needed to cycle though! Phone is purchased and I'll be picking it up in about an hour and a half!

So I woke up this morning. Paid my bill, and laid off the last little bit remaining on my husband's installment (since I'm.using his line to upgrade). Upgrade eligibility didn't change - it still says I have to buy the phone at full price. The only thing I can figure is that I set up a payment arrangement before I decided to switch phones, and that arrangement date is the 27th. So maybe it's showing in the system that the arrangement hasn't been fulfilled yet? Even though I have a zero balance. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that's all it is. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm calling customer care as soon as they open.

Last edited:

bigoldthor

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I've bought so many Android phones over the years, but always end up back on iOS. For me it's the overall package that brings me back. There are many things I like more about Android, but when it comes to integration with my other Apple devices and day to day use, I'm just happier on iOS over Android.

It's like there are little things that I love about Android, but when you put it all together the pros don't outweigh the cons. With iOS the opposite is true. There are things I don't like about iOS, but the big picture is iOS just works better for me.

This is exactly me.

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I picked it up, set it up, and it’s amazing!!! I am so glad I made the switch back. I still think the Note 8 is an absolutely amazing phone. But it’s so great to be back on iOS. And the X is an outstanding device.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I picked it up, set it up, and it’s amazing!!! I am so glad I made the switch back. I still think the Note 8 is an absolutely amazing phone. But it’s so great to be back on iOS. And the X is an outstanding device.

Excellent, and we’re so happy for you.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I guess all in all it must have been Android - but it wasn't Android's fault. I love Android actually. But in the grand scheme of things, iOS makes more sense for my particular situation. My entire family uses Android, and was a bit resistant to using other apps to video call me (so no FaceTime) or to text me videos or anything like that (so I got blurry vidoes while everyone else got clear ones sent through iMessage). Stuff like that. It was more of the "sheep" effect that people talk about. My entire flock is with apple, and as much as I enjoyed Android, it just makes me more sense for me to have apple too. I'm not upset about it, because i do love my iPhones. But I'm juuuuust techy enough to wish I had a legit reason to need a second phone/line so I could use both haha.

Welcome back. I understand this sentiment. Only I went the opposite direction. I enjoyed my iPhone so much that I encouraged my entire family to switch over. They were all Android users (at the recommendation of me). So when I made the switch it wasn't hard to convince them to do the same since they look to me for their tech advice. Now they are all happy with the Apple devices aside from a few small complaints. It'd be tough to get them to go back over to Android now at this point, though. I feel Apple really works well with families and groups in the features they offer from iMessage, Airdrop, Family Sharing, etc.

cckgz4

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I guess all in all it must have been Android - but it wasn't Android's fault. I love Android actually. But in the grand scheme of things, iOS makes more sense for my particular situation. My entire family uses Android, and was a bit resistant to using other apps to video call me (so no FaceTime) or to text me videos or anything like that (so I got blurry vidoes while everyone else got clear ones sent through iMessage). Stuff like that. It was more of the "sheep" effect that people talk about. My entire flock is with apple, and as much as I enjoyed Android, it just makes me more sense for me to have apple too. I'm not upset about it, because i do love my iPhones. But I'm juuuuust techy enough to wish I had a legit reason to need a second phone/line so I could use both haha.

I’m the same way. I wish I could justify a way to get a second line and Phone (which would be a Keyone honestly) and it would likely be android. In a fantasy world it would be a windows phone. But I choose Apple everytime as they are convenient and have access to apps from every platform.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
iOS is just so easy that I had taken it for granted. I’m a technophile and have happily used A LOT of Androids in the past but until last week I hadn’t touched one in 10+ months. I was happily using 2 x 7 Pluses as personal devices and a 6 and 6 Plus for work. As my holiday gift to myself I moved to 2 x iPhone X and a Huawei Mate 9 as personal devices. Android took a day to get used to again and it seemed like a CHORE to set things up the way I prefer. That is the downside to its greater flexibility I suppose. I now have an even greater appreciation for the simplicity of iOS and iMessage. ...might give the Mate 9 to my sister or sell it. I’m just happier on the X.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I have both with Android as my primary. Not sure what some others are doing but everything I have is in the cloud with Android. Everything I use is through Google services so I can access everything on all platforms. Apple's ecosystem is too restricted for me. But that's the beauty of today's tech There's more great choices to suit everyone's needs.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I love seeing these threads on both the Android and iOS forums. Pretty entertaining reading different peoples perspective.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
But make no mistake, my iPhone X is King. I’d choose it over any other phone in the Galaxy, no pun intended lol.
There is many differences between both devices. The note has the ability to increase font size through out the entire OS where IOS can't. Tapatalk on IOS does not allow font or size change which to me in this day and age is ridiculous.

Android is and will always be more customizable than IOS which for some is more important. IOS will always have the better apps and smoother OS.

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Android is and will always be more customizable than IOS which for some is more important. IOS will always have the better apps and smoother OS.
Good points - I agree!

There’s something else to consider... iOS devices receive updates much longer than even Google Pixels, and they don’t have the added hassle of carrier involvement. That’s huge if you care about security!

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Good points - I agree!

There’s something else to consider... iOS devices receive updates much longer than even Google Pixels, and they don’t have the added hassle of carrier involvement. That’s huge if you care about security!

They are also the only unlocked device that doesn’t loose any features on any carrier.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711