• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    I've bought so many Android phones over the years, but always end up back on iOS. For me it's the overall package that brings me back. There are many things I like more about Android, but when it comes to integration with my other Apple devices and day to day use, I'm just happier on iOS over Android.

It's like there are little things that I love about Android, but when you put it all together the pros don't outweigh the cons. With iOS the opposite is true. There are things I don't like about iOS, but the big picture is iOS just works better for me.
    You nailed it. Weeks ago I got the urge to try the pixel XL 2. I had the pixel OG last year and loved it. It was the best android device I've ever used and was literally the iPhone of android devices. I ended up realizing that if it was the iPhone of android devices then why not just get an iPhone at that point? My entire family uses iOS. I always wanted to be that outsider who had android and be "different" from the mass majority of iOS users. I gave in and got an iPhone 7 plus, then got the X and decided let me return the X and try the pixel 2 XL. I missed that android experience on the pixel.

Well I lasted not even 48 hours with the pixel 2 and said enough is enough I just need to stick to iOS. Back when I was younger android was fun to use with rooting and customization. Now, I'm married...a toddler and a second on the way, things in my life have changed. Now I use FaceTime everyday with family and sending videos of my toddler is easy! Even though I find iOS to be so stale and boring, it meets my everyday needs. At this stage in my life, I am okay with the cons of iOS, I can easily live with them and hope they improve. The cons of the android I can't seem to live with (no iMessage, FaceTime, homekit, etc). The pros just don't outweigh the cons for me now.

That being said, I'm really happy with the X...it is my favorite iPhone to date.
    12-19-2017 09:14 PM
    You nailed it. Weeks ago I got the urge to try the pixel XL 2. I had the pixel OG last year and loved it. It was the best android device I've ever used and was literally the iPhone of android devices. I ended up realizing that if it was the iPhone of android devices then why not just get an iPhone at that point? My entire family uses iOS. I always wanted to be that outsider who had android and be "different" from the mass majority of iOS users. I gave in and got an iPhone 7 plus, then got the X and decided let me return the X and try the pixel 2 XL. I missed that android experience on the pixel.

Well I lasted not even 48 hours with the pixel 2 and said enough is enough I just need to stick to iOS. Back when I was younger android was fun to use with rooting and customization. Now, I'm married...a toddler and a second on the way, things in my life have changed. Now I use FaceTime everyday with family and sending videos of my toddler is easy! Even though I find iOS to be so stale and boring, it meets my everyday needs. At this stage in my life, I am okay with the cons of iOS, I can easily live with them and hope they improve. The cons of the android I can't seem to live with (no iMessage, FaceTime, homekit, etc). The pros just don't outweigh the cons for me now.

That being said, I'm really happy with the X...it is my favorite iPhone to date.
    I know exactly what you mean about the pros of iOS meeting your needs - that's exactly right and exactly my situation, and you described the excitement of switching to Android but going back to iOS perfectly.

And congrats on the upcoming baby!
    12-20-2017 03:54 AM
    One thing I REALLY love about Android, is Android Auto. I much prefer it to Apple Car Play. Fortunately my car has both, so I have options.
    I don't use either of those - my car doesn't support them j guess? Hopefully that's something that will come in my next car haha
    12-20-2017 03:55 AM
    I don't use either of those - my car doesn't support them j guess? Hopefully that's something that will come in my next car haha
    Time to go car shopping!! Make sure it’s a Honda though. CR-V, Odyssey, Civic or Accord. They are all fantastic
    GadgetMomma likes this.
    12-20-2017 07:17 AM
    Time to go car shopping!! Make sure it’s a Honda though. CR-V, Odyssey, Civic or Accord. They are all fantastic
    It's gonna have to be the mom van lol. I love the Odyssey and that's actually the one I want!
    12-20-2017 07:18 AM
    I have the CR-V and Accord, my baby girl (21) has the Civic and my oldest daughter and her husband have the Civic SI. Best vehicle you can buy that isn’t one of the luxury brands. Although my Accord seems very luxurious.
    GadgetMomma likes this.
    12-20-2017 07:26 AM
    At least I don’t have to buy anymore phones for a while, at least theoretically lol. Video games however, that’s a whole new story !!
    GadgetMomma likes this.
    12-20-2017 08:00 AM
    I switched from Android to iOS in April 2016 and have had no complaints. I loved my Android devices (all Nexus devices) and loved the customization, especially custom roms. But I got tired of the constant tinkering, tweaking and rebooting. iOS just plain works..........at least, for me.
    GadgetMomma likes this.
    12-20-2017 11:18 AM
    I have the CR-V and Accord, my baby girl (21) has the Civic and my oldest daughter and her husband have the Civic SI. Best vehicle you can buy that isn’t one of the luxury brands. Although my Accord seems very luxurious.
    I know this is off topic, but I love the Type R Civic. It's gonna be my next car.
    GadgetMomma likes this.
    12-20-2017 11:49 AM
    Hard to find and not cheap lol. Honda’s rock!
    msm0511 likes this.
    12-20-2017 11:55 AM
    Welcome back!!! I personally prefer iOS. Back in the day I would upgrade to whatever phone was the latest and greatest. Currently I have the iPhone X and just cannot imagine needing another phone in the near future. This device does it all and I absolutely love it. I hope they update the iPad as well, I keep finding myself swiping up on my iPad instead of hitting the home button.
    GadgetMomma likes this.
    12-20-2017 01:28 PM
    I switched from Android to iOS in April 2016 and have had no complaints. I loved my Android devices (all Nexus devices) and loved the customization, especially custom roms. But I got tired of the constant tinkering, tweaking and rebooting. iOS just plain works..........at least, for me.
    Exxxxxxactly. And man the Nexus! I had the Nexus one. I loved that phone. Haha. But I agree, iOS just plain works. I'm super excited to pick it up tomorrow.
    Just_Me_D and Lee_Bo like this.
    12-20-2017 02:56 PM
    Welcome back!!! I personally prefer iOS. Back in the day I would upgrade to whatever phone was the latest and greatest. Currently I have the iPhone X and just cannot imagine needing another phone in the near future. This device does it all and I absolutely love it. I hope they update the iPad as well, I keep finding myself swiping up on my iPad instead of hitting the home button.
    I can't wait to get it tomorrow. It's been the longest week. Haha.
    Auronda40 likes this.
    12-20-2017 02:58 PM
    I have my X on Verizon and Note 8 on AT&T lol. One thing the Note wins hands down...I live in a rural area in Georgia. No home internet is available where I live. I always have to use my hotspot on phone. So if I want to watch Amazon Prime video on my , it uses my hotspot data. There’s no workaround for the iPhone and Apple but there is for the Note, since I have a Samsung lol
    It’s a loophole in Samsung devices.
    12-20-2017 10:03 PM
    What’s with all this Honda talk. Bleck. Give me a Subaru any day!!
    12-21-2017 03:17 AM
    Cough*toyota*cough
    12-21-2017 03:35 AM
    Update: it just needed to cycle though! Phone is purchased and I'll be picking it up in about an hour and a half!

So I woke up this morning. Paid my bill, and laid off the last little bit remaining on my husband's installment (since I'm.using his line to upgrade). Upgrade eligibility didn't change - it still says I have to buy the phone at full price. The only thing I can figure is that I set up a payment arrangement before I decided to switch phones, and that arrangement date is the 27th. So maybe it's showing in the system that the arrangement hasn't been fulfilled yet? Even though I have a zero balance. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that's all it is. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm calling customer care as soon as they open.
    Last edited by GadgetMomma; 12-21-2017 at 06:26 AM.
    12-21-2017 05:51 AM
    I've bought so many Android phones over the years, but always end up back on iOS. For me it's the overall package that brings me back. There are many things I like more about Android, but when it comes to integration with my other Apple devices and day to day use, I'm just happier on iOS over Android.

It's like there are little things that I love about Android, but when you put it all together the pros don't outweigh the cons. With iOS the opposite is true. There are things I don't like about iOS, but the big picture is iOS just works better for me.
    This is exactly me.
    12-21-2017 10:04 PM
    I picked it up, set it up, and it’s amazing!!! I am so glad I made the switch back. I still think the Note 8 is an absolutely amazing phone. But it’s so great to be back on iOS. And the X is an outstanding device.
    12-22-2017 07:41 AM
    I picked it up, set it up, and it’s amazing!!! I am so glad I made the switch back. I still think the Note 8 is an absolutely amazing phone. But it’s so great to be back on iOS. And the X is an outstanding device.
    Excellent, and we’re so happy for you.
    iwoodland and Annie_8plus like this.
    12-22-2017 09:13 AM
    I guess all in all it must have been Android - but it wasn't Android's fault. I love Android actually. But in the grand scheme of things, iOS makes more sense for my particular situation. My entire family uses Android, and was a bit resistant to using other apps to video call me (so no FaceTime) or to text me videos or anything like that (so I got blurry vidoes while everyone else got clear ones sent through iMessage). Stuff like that. It was more of the "sheep" effect that people talk about. My entire flock is with apple, and as much as I enjoyed Android, it just makes me more sense for me to have apple too. I'm not upset about it, because i do love my iPhones. But I'm juuuuust techy enough to wish I had a legit reason to need a second phone/line so I could use both haha.
    Welcome back. I understand this sentiment. Only I went the opposite direction. I enjoyed my iPhone so much that I encouraged my entire family to switch over. They were all Android users (at the recommendation of me). So when I made the switch it wasn't hard to convince them to do the same since they look to me for their tech advice. Now they are all happy with the Apple devices aside from a few small complaints. It'd be tough to get them to go back over to Android now at this point, though. I feel Apple really works well with families and groups in the features they offer from iMessage, Airdrop, Family Sharing, etc.
    GadgetMomma likes this.
    12-22-2017 12:30 PM
    Looks like I'm late to the party, but welcome back to iOS!
    GadgetMomma likes this.
    12-22-2017 12:43 PM
    Fantastic!
    Enjoy your new iPhone
    GadgetMomma likes this.
    12-22-2017 07:33 PM
    I guess all in all it must have been Android - but it wasn't Android's fault. I love Android actually. But in the grand scheme of things, iOS makes more sense for my particular situation. My entire family uses Android, and was a bit resistant to using other apps to video call me (so no FaceTime) or to text me videos or anything like that (so I got blurry vidoes while everyone else got clear ones sent through iMessage). Stuff like that. It was more of the "sheep" effect that people talk about. My entire flock is with apple, and as much as I enjoyed Android, it just makes me more sense for me to have apple too. I'm not upset about it, because i do love my iPhones. But I'm juuuuust techy enough to wish I had a legit reason to need a second phone/line so I could use both haha.
    I’m the same way. I wish I could justify a way to get a second line and Phone (which would be a Keyone honestly) and it would likely be android. In a fantasy world it would be a windows phone. But I choose Apple everytime as they are convenient and have access to apps from every platform.
    GadgetMomma likes this.
    12-24-2017 11:05 PM
    iOS is just so easy that I had taken it for granted. I’m a technophile and have happily used A LOT of Androids in the past but until last week I hadn’t touched one in 10+ months. I was happily using 2 x 7 Pluses as personal devices and a 6 and 6 Plus for work. As my holiday gift to myself I moved to 2 x iPhone X and a Huawei Mate 9 as personal devices. Android took a day to get used to again and it seemed like a CHORE to set things up the way I prefer. That is the downside to its greater flexibility I suppose. I now have an even greater appreciation for the simplicity of iOS and iMessage. ...might give the Mate 9 to my sister or sell it. I’m just happier on the X.
    GadgetMomma and Annie_8plus like this.
    01-02-2018 06:10 PM
61 123