Just discovered tonight that my wifi drops out the min i go downstairs. The router is upstairs so signal strength is fine upstairs but as soon as i go downstairs it drops

Never had this issue on my S8 so i assume its not normal? Anyone else having wifi issues?

Seem to be having a few minor issues lately! Starting to have second thoughts/Miss my S8
    12-16-2017 07:44 PM
    WiFi doesn’t seem any better or worse for me than my other devices.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    12-16-2017 07:56 PM
    The S8 that you never had problems with may be the best device suited for “you”, in my opinion. Having said that, I recommend you sell your iPhone X and either go back to using your beloved S8 or wait for the S9.
    12-16-2017 07:59 PM
    The S8 that you never had problems with may be the best device suited for “you”, in my opinion. Having said that, I recommend you sell your iPhone X and either go back to using your beloved S8 or wait for the S9.
    Agreed
    12-16-2017 08:05 PM
    Try resetting network settings on your X.

I’ve always has better network (wireless and data) connectivity on my Apple devices.
    12-16-2017 08:49 PM
    I was thinking the same thing. Seems like the S8 better suits this guy.
    Luckily there’s Android Central.
    12-17-2017 04:20 AM
    I haven’t had issues with my WiFi connectivity. Seems about the same as other devices I own.
    12-17-2017 06:39 AM
    No issue here either.
    12-17-2017 09:33 AM
    Or go with mesh network, I have Google Wifi, upgraded from ASUS gigabit AC router, could be happier with the move. Strong wifi all over my house including front and backyard. I have a ring doorbell that was getting a below ideal performance, Google WiFi fixed that too. Haven't had any serious problem with iPhones even with ASUS routers.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-18-2017 05:00 PM
    Just to be clear guys! Wifi on the Iphone X is ok. Iam generally only using it when in my room so its almost a non issue! I just couldnt help but notice however that when i do leave the room that the signal drops and sometimes loses connection all together! I experienced the same thing in work today where when i went to the toilet the wifi signal would drop or lose connection all together! On my android the signal strength was better is all!

My cell reception is similar! Occasionally it drops to one bar despite being in the same area and then a minute or two later it will jump back to full! Perhaps its normal but its not something i ever observed or paid attention to before!
    12-18-2017 05:25 PM
    Just to be clear guys! Wifi on the Iphone X is ok. Iam generally only using it when in my room so its almost a non issue! I just couldnt help but notice however that when i do leave the room that the signal drops and sometimes loses connection all together! I experienced the same thing in work today where when i went to the toilet the wifi signal would drop or lose connection all together! On my android the signal strength was better is all!

My cell reception is similar! Occasionally it drops to one bar despite being in the same area and then a minute or two later it will jump back to full! Perhaps its normal but its not something i ever observed or paid attention to before!
    Where was your internet modem located?
    I have mine set up outside of my room, and whenever I go inside a room the signal drops. It’s normal to lose signal strength due to the separation of walls.
    12-18-2017 07:22 PM
    Where was your internet modem located?
    I have mine set up outside of my room, and whenever I go inside a room the signal drops. It’s normal to lose signal strength due to the separation of walls.

The modem is in my room which is the only place where i have full bars! If i go downstairs i will drop to one bar and occasionally it will lose connection all together! I accept that your signal may drop the further you move away from the modem/router but on my S8 i could go anywhere in the house and not lose any strength , only losing connection when i walked outside but with the x it seems to get spotty/drop when i go downstairs or to the bathroom etc I dont live in a big house so i feel i should have full strength no matter where i go! I have read online that apparently some people have reported this issue when using 5GZ so i may connect to 2.4GZ and see how that fares. Have yet to test that
    12-18-2017 07:42 PM
    The modem is in my room which is the only place where i have full bars! If i go downstairs i will drop to one bar and occasionally it will lose connection all together! I accept that your signal may drop the further you move away from the modem/router but on my S8 i could go anywhere in the house and not lose any strength , only losing connection when i walked outside but with the x it seems to get spotty/drop when i go downstairs or to the bathroom etc I dont live in a big house so i feel i should have full strength no matter where i go! I have read online that apparently some people have reported this issue when using 5GZ so i may connect to 2.4GZ and see how that fares. Have yet to test that
    I’d recommend testing out the 2.4 GHZ.
    5GHZ is faster, but then it’ll affect the signal strength.
    Blaalad12 likes this.
    12-18-2017 07:45 PM
    I’d recommend testing out the 2.4 GHZ.
    5GHZ is faster, but then it’ll affect the signal strength.
    Ironically thats why i started using 5GHZ as its said to be faster but not sure i ever noticed a difference! Ill go back to 2.4 tomorrow
    TripleOne likes this.
    12-18-2017 07:59 PM
    Do you have WiFi assist on or off?
    12-18-2017 09:40 PM
    Do you have WiFi assist on or off?
    Just checked! Its off
    12-19-2017 05:25 PM

It seems if you say anything does a better job at anything you will be ridiculed and belittled☹️. Hope you get the issues sorted out.
    12-22-2017 07:14 PM
    It seems if you say anything does a better job at anything you will be ridiculed and belittled☹️. Hope you get the issues sorted out.
    You clearly haven’t read through this thread because if you had, you would have read the helpful advice offered to the OP. If you’re specifically referring to my post where I recommended he stick with the S8, then had you read some of his other threads, you would have understood my recommendation to be legitimate.
    12-23-2017 07:18 AM
    Ironically thats why i started using 5GHZ as its said to be faster but not sure i ever noticed a difference! Ill go back to 2.4 tomorrow
    What brand of wifi router are you using, I've learned over the years that makes a difference too.
    12-23-2017 09:34 AM
    ive had similar issues. same set up normal comcast router, in room less than 7ft away. i figured it was due to new updating firmware with the new X. never had a noticeable problem with my 7s.
    Gray Area likes this.
    12-23-2017 09:52 AM
    What brand of wifi router are you using, I've learned over the years that makes a difference too.
    Ok this is a bit ironic. I have essentially being saying that my Samsung S8 had better signal strength then my Iphone X and just now after seeing your post i looked at my router and its actually branded samsung lol Its a virgin media box but samsung is wrote on it!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-23-2017 10:51 AM
    Ok this is a bit ironic. I have essentially being saying that my Samsung S8 had better signal strength then my Iphone X and just now after seeing your post i looked at my router and its actually branded samsung lol Its a virgin media box but samsung is wrote on it!
    I use Google WiFi mesh router, works flawlessly. My internet speed is 300 mbps from ISP, exactly what I get with both Ethernet and Wifi ( on my iPhone X Verizon model). Asus had also been very reliable but range wasnt as good as Google WiFi
    Blaalad12 likes this.
    12-24-2017 09:53 AM

I have noticed the same with my iPhone X (coming from an iPhone 6 plus. I have had issues with network service (ATT), and bluetooth, which I never had with my 6+. In particular, the bluetooth range seems EXTREMELY limited.
    Streaming music while my phone is in another room always results in poor audio. Every time I get in my car (2013 WRX), I have to manually pair up bluetooth, (takes a couple times for it to actually work) which I never had to do with my 6+.
    So far, this device has been a mixed bag for me. I wish i was still in my 14 day window. I'd trade it in for an 8+.
    Too expensive a device for all these issues. I don't even want to get into the inferior chip they used for cellular connectivity...
    Really Apple?? You price the device over $1000.00, which I made the decision to buy..on good faith, and you include inferior components..AT THAT PRICE.
    Inferior in the sense that if there's a chip that works better than the one included, the one included is inferior.
    Blaalad12 likes this.
    12-27-2017 02:45 PM
    I have noticed the same with my iPhone X (coming from an iPhone 6 plus. I have had issues with network service (ATT), and bluetooth, which I never had with my 6+. In particular, the bluetooth range seems EXTREMELY limited.
    Streaming music while my phone is in another room always results in poor audio. Every time I get in my car (2013 WRX), I have to manually pair up bluetooth, (takes a couple times for it to actually work) which I never had to do with my 6+.
    So far, this device has been a mixed bag for me. I wish i was still in my 14 day window. I'd trade it in for an 8+.
    Too expensive a device for all these issues. I don't even want to get into the inferior chip they used for cellular connectivity...
    Really Apple?? You price the device over $1000.00, which I made the decision to buy..on good faith, and you include inferior components..AT THAT PRICE.
    Inferior in the sense that if there's a chip that works better than the one included, the one included is inferior.
    Stuff like this drives me crazy. Don’t misunderstand me. In no way, shape or form am I doubting you’re experiencing the issues you’ve mentioned. The fact that my experience is the exact opposite blows my mind. No one can say whether it’s the device, iOS, defective components or the environment. Know what I mean?
    12-28-2017 08:05 AM
    Stuff like this drives me crazy. Don’t misunderstand me. In no way, shape or form am I doubting you’re experiencing the issues you’ve mentioned. The fact that my experience is the exact opposite blows my mind. No one can say whether it’s the device, iOS, defective components or the environment. Know what I mean?
    No offense taken. I do think iOS 11 has been a dumpster fire since release (just my opinion). But I've also read about the two different phone models with two different network connectivity chips. I'm on the A1901, which is reported to be the inferior of the two, hence my comment about inferior components in a +$1000 device.
    If possible, go to settings - general - and tap model to see which component you're using.
    I wish I had your experience with the phone. I'm glad yours has been a positive one.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-28-2017 08:14 AM
39 12