Poor WiFi on iPhone X

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Just discovered tonight that my wifi drops out the min i go downstairs. The router is upstairs so signal strength is fine upstairs but as soon as i go downstairs it drops :(

Never had this issue on my S8 so i assume its not normal? Anyone else having wifi issues?

Seem to be having a few minor issues lately! Starting to have second thoughts/Miss my S8 :(

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The S8 that you never had problems with may be the best device suited for “you”, in my opinion. Having said that, I recommend you sell your iPhone X and either go back to using your beloved S8 or wait for the S9.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The S8 that you never had problems with may be the best device suited for “you”, in my opinion. Having said that, I recommend you sell your iPhone X and either go back to using your beloved S8 or wait for the S9.

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like the S8 better suits this guy.
Luckily there’s Android Central.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I haven’t had issues with my WiFi connectivity. Seems about the same as other devices I own.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Or go with mesh network, I have Google Wifi, upgraded from ASUS gigabit AC router, could be happier with the move. Strong wifi all over my house including front and backyard. I have a ring doorbell that was getting a below ideal performance, Google WiFi fixed that too. Haven't had any serious problem with iPhones even with ASUS routers.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Just to be clear guys! Wifi on the Iphone X is ok. Iam generally only using it when in my room so its almost a non issue! I just couldnt help but notice however that when i do leave the room that the signal drops and sometimes loses connection all together! I experienced the same thing in work today where when i went to the toilet the wifi signal would drop or lose connection all together! On my android the signal strength was better is all!

My cell reception is similar! Occasionally it drops to one bar despite being in the same area and then a minute or two later it will jump back to full! Perhaps its normal but its not something i ever observed or paid attention to before!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Just to be clear guys! Wifi on the Iphone X is ok. Iam generally only using it when in my room so its almost a non issue! I just couldnt help but notice however that when i do leave the room that the signal drops and sometimes loses connection all together! I experienced the same thing in work today where when i went to the toilet the wifi signal would drop or lose connection all together! On my android the signal strength was better is all!

My cell reception is similar! Occasionally it drops to one bar despite being in the same area and then a minute or two later it will jump back to full! Perhaps its normal but its not something i ever observed or paid attention to before!

Where was your internet modem located?
I have mine set up outside of my room, and whenever I go inside a room the signal drops. It’s normal to lose signal strength due to the separation of walls.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Where was your internet modem located?
I have mine set up outside of my room, and whenever I go inside a room the signal drops. It’s normal to lose signal strength due to the separation of walls.

The modem is in my room which is the only place where i have full bars! If i go downstairs i will drop to one bar and occasionally it will lose connection all together! I accept that your signal may drop the further you move away from the modem/router but on my S8 i could go anywhere in the house and not lose any strength , only losing connection when i walked outside but with the x it seems to get spotty/drop when i go downstairs or to the bathroom etc I dont live in a big house so i feel i should have full strength no matter where i go! I have read online that apparently some people have reported this issue when using 5GZ so i may connect to 2.4GZ and see how that fares. Have yet to test that

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The modem is in my room which is the only place where i have full bars! If i go downstairs i will drop to one bar and occasionally it will lose connection all together! I accept that your signal may drop the further you move away from the modem/router but on my S8 i could go anywhere in the house and not lose any strength , only losing connection when i walked outside but with the x it seems to get spotty/drop when i go downstairs or to the bathroom etc I dont live in a big house so i feel i should have full strength no matter where i go! I have read online that apparently some people have reported this issue when using 5GZ so i may connect to 2.4GZ and see how that fares. Have yet to test that

I’d recommend testing out the 2.4 GHZ.
5GHZ is faster, but then it’ll affect the signal strength.

Gray Area

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site

It seems if you say anything does a better job at anything you will be ridiculed and belittled☹️. Hope you get the issues sorted out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It seems if you say anything does a better job at anything you will be ridiculed and belittled☹️. Hope you get the issues sorted out.

You clearly haven’t read through this thread because if you had, you would have read the helpful advice offered to the OP. If you’re specifically referring to my post where I recommended he stick with the S8, then had you read some of his other threads, you would have understood my recommendation to be legitimate.

CookieeM

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
ive had similar issues. same set up normal comcast router, in room less than 7ft away. i figured it was due to new updating firmware with the new X. never had a noticeable problem with my 7s.