Just wondering if anyone else is finding that occasionally you will have to tap a second or even third time before your touch is recognised?

It doesn't happen enough for it to be so bothersome that i would return the phone but it can be annoying when typing! I initially noticed it while using swiftkey. As i was typing i noticed words were being misspelled and i quickly realised certain letters were not being recognised as i was typing! I thought it might be an issue with swiftkey so i started using the stock keyboard but then noticed it happens there to plus later it came to my attention that occasionally when i touch to open an app i have to sometimes tap again or even a 3rd time before the touch is recognised.

Anyone else having this issue ? Its more a minor annoyance when typing then anything else but its something i definitely never experienced when using my S8
    12-16-2017 11:16 AM
    12-16-2017 11:44 AM
    No issues here, either.
    12-16-2017 01:10 PM
    Mostly only happens when typing fast! Its as if the phone is having trouble keeping up with my touches so it freezes for a second. Thats the best way i can explain it.
    12-16-2017 01:41 PM
    12-16-2017 08:00 PM
    I have not had that problem.
    12-17-2017 01:30 AM
    12-17-2017 09:35 AM
    The only time i ever had that happen is when another part of my hand is inadvertently touching the screen somewhere.
    12-17-2017 10:55 AM
    Just wondering if anyone else is finding that occasionally you will have to tap a second or even third time before your touch is recognised?

It doesn't happen enough for it to be so bothersome that i would return the phone but it can be annoying when typing! I initially noticed it while using swiftkey. As i was typing i noticed words were being misspelled and i quickly realised certain letters were not being recognised as i was typing! I thought it might be an issue with swiftkey so i started using the stock keyboard but then noticed it happens there to plus later it came to my attention that occasionally when i touch to open an app i have to sometimes tap again or even a 3rd time before the touch is recognised.

Anyone else having this issue ? Its more a minor annoyance when typing then anything else but its something i definitely never experienced when using my S8
    Are you using a screen protector? Some screen protectors are better than others in which some will cause the issue you’re describing.
    12-17-2017 11:13 AM
    Are you using a screen protector? Some screen protectors are better than others in which some will cause the issue you’re describing.
    Iam actually using a screen protector but the problem was noticed before i installed the protector! It feels as though it only happens if iam typing quickly or opening and closing apps quickly etc Almost as though the screen cannot keep up with my touch! I can live with it but it can be an annoyance when typing! I was having an issue the other day with sim card failure but somehow it seems to have fixed itself so hopefully this fixes itself too lol I really do like this phone but the few minor issues iam experiencing are making me wonder if its normal and i should just stick with it and maybe they will indeed fix themselves or if i should contact Apple! We have no Apple store where i live and my iphone was ordered from the uk so a return/exchange would be a big inconvenience for me!

My main issues are - touch sensitivity is not 100% and occasionally i need to touch the screen a second or third time before the touch is recognised.

Poor cell reception / wifi - Generally they are both fine but my cell reception randomly drops to one bar and stays there for ages before suddenly jumping back to full again! Wifi is fine once iam next to the router but if i go downstairs the it drops (i have read online that the iphone x has a problem with 5GZ wifi though? which is what i use)
    12-17-2017 01:26 PM
    Iam actually using a screen protector but the problem was noticed before i installed the protector! It feels as though it only happens if iam typing quickly or opening and closing apps quickly etc Almost as though the screen cannot keep up with my touch! I can live with it but it can be an annoyance when typing! I was having an issue the other day with sim card failure but somehow it seems to have fixed itself so hopefully this fixes itself too lol I really do like this phone but the few minor issues iam experiencing are making me wonder if its normal and i should just stick with it and maybe they will indeed fix themselves or if i should contact Apple! We have no Apple store where i live and my iphone was ordered from the uk so a return/exchange would be a big inconvenience for me!

My main issues are - touch sensitivity is not 100% and occasionally i need to touch the screen a second or third time before the touch is recognised.

Poor cell reception / wifi - Generally they are both fine but my cell reception randomly drops to one bar and stays there for ages before suddenly jumping back to full again! Wifi is fine once iam next to the router but if i go downstairs the it drops (i have read online that the iphone x has a problem with 5GZ wifi though? which is what i use)
    Well good luck and even if it’s an inconvenience to contact Apple or whatever, I would still do that if you think you need a replacement. These phones are too expensive to deal with a possible defective unit.

I haven’t had any touch sensitivity issues with my X or cell reception issues besides known dead zones around where I live.

As far as WiFi, I don’t have any signal issues from anywhere in my house. I do notice on 5GHz that there is a slight delay before a website fully loads and some apps take maybe 2-3 seconds longer to login, like my banking apps for example. None of these delays occur on 2.4GHz. I had the same issue on the iPhone 7 I had before I got the X, so idk if it’s the ISP, router, the connection between iPhones and my router, or just the way it is in general, but I stick to 2.4GHz most of the time anyway.
    Blaalad12 likes this.
    12-17-2017 02:05 PM
    My issue is a little different than yours, but I do occasionally have touch issues. It's mostly when I tap on a link sometimes my phone can't decide if I'm trying to use 3D Touch or just a regular tap. I haven't noticed anything when typing though.
    12-17-2017 04:16 PM