Tapatalk finally updated to support iPhone X!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Since already bought, I'll just have to wait for the next update. Hopefully they'll optimize it for the X.

I'm sure they will soon. In the mean time, you could download the free version and use it until Pro gets optimized.

I may recommend getting a refund as well if possible. Kind of sucks to have spent the money on an app you can't use because it hasn't been getting consistent updates, while the free one is being supported at a greater level. You can always purchase it later, if desired.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I may recommend getting a refund as well if possible. Kind of sucks to have spent the money on an app you can't use because it hasn't been getting consistent updates, while the free one is being supported at a greater level. You can always purchase it later, if desired.

I’ll use it for a while and monitor.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Am I missing the setting within the app that’ll increase the size of the font?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Am I missing the setting within the app that’ll increase the size of the font?

They did away with that. It's set to your text size in the phone's settings now. I argued with them big time about that. If I make smaller in settings, it makes it smaller in iMessage and everywhere else. They suggested adjusting in settlngs > Display and Brightness > text size, because the increments are smaller than in Accessibility.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They did away with that. It's set to your text size in the phone's settings now. I argued with them big time about that. If I make smaller in settings, it makes it smaller in iMessage and everywhere else. They suggested adjusting in settlngs > Display and Brightness > text size, because the increments are smaller than in Accessibility.

Oh okay. Thank you. I can read the text without a problem, but would prefer it to be a tad bit larger. Anyway, thanks again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Really which they'd make the night reading setting a true black for the iPhone X, would look so much nicer.

Just as low contrast is difficult for many, a high contrast with white text on true black is also difficult for some. A light gray text on true black might work. I'm ok with it as is. I just can't deal with the bright light mode.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Just as low contrast is difficult for many, a high contrast with white text on true black is also difficult for some. A light gray text on true black might work. I'm ok with it as is. I just can't deal with the bright light mode.

Yeah. Although I’m seeing other apps do this. Feedly is one that just updated their app to have a true black background for the iPhone X. It really looks great.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
be7d6b310b76077da9953c53b0278bc7.jpg

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully before I'm dead. :rolleyes:

Definitely don’t hold your breath. They’re always super slow updating the Pro version.
On a separate note, Tapatalk continues to remove cool and useful features. They seem hellbent on making their app crappier. For example:
1. Preview pane mode for iPad in landscape has been removed. That was super convenient as a mod because I could review lots of threads very quickly if I needed to.
2. Web view will only take the user to Tapatalk’s terrible internal browser as the setting to open directly in Safari has been removed. Opening in Safari can still be done but it requires more taps now.
3. Perhaps the worst decision they’ve made...Mods can no longer access a list of posts and threads that require approval (moderation queue) making it even more impossible to stay in the app.
I’m really excited to see what Tapatalk takes away next!

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Definitely don’t hold your breath. They’re always super slow updating the Pro version.
On a separate note, Tapatalk continues to remove cool and useful features. They seem hellbent on making their app crappier. For example:
1. Preview pane mode for iPad in landscape has been removed. That was super convenient as a mod because I could review lots of threads very quickly if I needed to.
2. Web view will only take the user to Tapatalk’s terrible internal browser as the setting to open directly in Safari has been removed. Opening in Safari can still be done but it requires more taps now.
3. Perhaps the worst decision they’ve made...Mods can no longer access a list of posts and threads that require approval (moderation queue) making it even more impossible to stay in the app.
I’m really excited to see what Tapatalk takes away next!

Yeah I don't disagree with you here. The app has slowly improved from the apocalypse a couple of years ago when they made it completely unusable with that one big update, but they've taken away some great features from it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Agreed.
Very weird

Not so weird! It happens all the time with other apps. I beta test TuneIn Radio (free) and the free version of the Facebook client, Friendly. The beta versions are the free versions. They always get updated first. Then later, the paid versions are updated. I also have the paid versions of these apps. I don't understand all the impatience on this thread. Many apps have yet to update to the iPhone X. But I see several every day doing so. As for TapaTalk, if one is THAT impatient for the TapaTalk Pro to update, they can always use the free version, which has already updated for the X. Then wait for the Pro to update.