I usually use chrome but iam enjoying safari i have to say. One thing i miss about chrome however is the pull down to refresh gesture! Not sure if its worth having both installed so iam trying to stick with safari.

What do you guys use? Is one better then the other in terms of speed, battery drain etc ??
    12-13-2017 02:22 PM
    I use both. I have been a chrome user for a long time so I have my favorites set up and passwords saved, but I am pretty close to having safari set up the same way. I prefer using safari on iOS, but will use chrome if I need to for some reason.
    Blaalad12 and Gray Area like this.
    12-13-2017 03:33 PM
    I use Safari, I tried using Chrome but I have links to open often enough that it’s annoying when links open in Safari. And Safari is fast, it’s even faster than Chrome on my MacBook as well when I’m using an adblocker.
    MNKomrad likes this.
    12-13-2017 03:43 PM
    Safari because it’s intergraded into iOS and easy to use
    Closingracer likes this.
    12-13-2017 04:11 PM
    i do find safari very fast to be fair although on my imac chrome is a tad faster i find. I just miss the pull down to refresh gesture thats on chrome in android! Safari would be awesome if it had that ha
    12-13-2017 04:30 PM
    Safari ftw.

I how it integrates with iOS and I use Mac at work and home, so everything is just there. I also think that it looks better than chrome, especially on iOS.
    MNKomrad likes this.
    12-13-2017 05:24 PM
    There is an iOS cloud bookmarks extension for chrome so that you can have all of your favorites from chrome in safari. I don’t use chrome much on my phone anymore because of that extension. Hope it helps someone.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-13-2017 05:46 PM
    There is an iOS cloud bookmarks extension for chrome so that you can have all of your favorites from chrome in safari. I don’t use chrome much on my phone anymore because of that extension. Hope it helps someone.
    I’m sure it does and thank you for the tip....
    12-13-2017 06:02 PM
    I use both, because I use Windows Pc too and chrome syncs across platforms.
    Gray Area likes this.
    12-13-2017 06:19 PM
    On my phone I use safari because it’s just so easy since it’s so integrated but I’m becoming increasingly annoyed with it. I am getting tons of those incessant pops for Walmart gift cards and other things. It’s driving me crazy. Is chrome better about blocking those pop up/redirects?
    12-13-2017 06:27 PM
    On my phone I use safari because it’s just so easy since it’s so integrated but I’m becoming increasingly annoyed with it. I am getting tons of those incessant pops for Walmart gift cards and other things. It’s driving me crazy. Is chrome better about blocking those pop up/redirects?
    I’m getting those too and Chrome is not better. In fact for me it is worse and I had to just uninstall it. I started using private browsing in Safari and it helps. You have to watch opening links from news apps to read an article too. I find it happened most after linking to something I wanted to read.
    MNKomrad likes this.
    12-13-2017 06:34 PM
    How do I do this?
    12-13-2017 10:22 PM
    I used to use both, but for the past couple of years I’ve been only using Safari.
    12-13-2017 10:40 PM
    I don’t like the steps you have to take to access bookmarks in Chrome. Am I missing something?
    12-13-2017 11:17 PM
    How do I do this?
    Here's how:
    Go to Google Chrome Web Store https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions
    Type in icloud bookmarks by Apple inc.
    Click Add to Chrome
    Once the icloud symbol is in extensions. Should be next to your web adress window.
    Select Open icloud for windows.

There will be options for iCloud Drive, Photos, Mail, and Bookmarks.
    Select Bookmarks With Chrome - There is an options button that you can sync internet explorer or firefox as well. This is not limited to google chrome.
    Select Apply and now your bookmarks are synced from chrome to safari at all times.
    It may take a few minutes for everything to sync, but I have had nothing but great luck with this.

I guess I couldve added screenshots. But hope this helps and easy to follow. Enjoy.
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    12-14-2017 07:47 AM
    Here's how:
    Go to Google Chrome Web Store https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions
    Type in icloud bookmarks by Apple inc.
    Click Add to Chrome
    Once the icloud symbol is in extensions. Should be next to your web adress window.
    Select Open icloud for windows.

There will be options for iCloud Drive, Photos, Mail, and Bookmarks.
    Select Bookmarks With Chrome - There is an options button that you can sync internet explorer or firefox as well. This is not limited to google chrome.
    Select Apply and now your bookmarks are synced from chrome to safari at all times.
    It may take a few minutes for everything to sync, but I have had nothing but great luck with this.

I guess I couldve added screenshots. But hope this helps and easy to follow. Enjoy.
    Thanks I’ll try it out when I get home!
    12-14-2017 07:58 AM
    I use Safari on both my MBP and my iPhone. I hate Chrome on Android, so I'd think that it wouldn't be any better on iOS.
    12-14-2017 08:28 AM
    I use Safari on both my MBP and my iPhone. I hate Chrome on Android, so I'd think that it wouldn't be any better on iOS.
    I prefer chrome on my imac personally. Don't like safari at all. Safari is much better on ios i think although id still arguably prefer chrome purely for its pull down to refresh gesture
    12-14-2017 11:17 AM
    What's Chrome ?...
    nnahorski and MNKomrad like this.
    12-14-2017 10:25 PM
    What's Chrome ?...
    Hahahaha!
    I love your username.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    12-15-2017 12:18 AM
    Safari
    12-15-2017 05:36 AM
    Tough one. I recently moved back to Safari for the icloud keychain integration and reading list features. I was using 1password to syns web site passwords but keychain is faster and easier to use. Continuity is sometimes useful, but I do not use that feature often.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-02-2018 12:27 PM
    Since I've only been on iOS a short while and was on Android for so long, I'm still rocking Chrome on everything. However, after reading this thread I may start using Safari.
    06-02-2018 01:55 PM
    Safari on my Apple devices and Chrome on my PC at work. I do have Chrome loaded on my iPad but never think to use it!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-03-2018 05:17 PM
    I’d like to try Chrome again, but I’m pretty happy with Safari.
    06-03-2018 07:48 PM
33 12