Safari v Chrome?

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I usually use chrome but iam enjoying safari i have to say. One thing i miss about chrome however is the pull down to refresh gesture! Not sure if its worth having both installed so iam trying to stick with safari.

What do you guys use? Is one better then the other in terms of speed, battery drain etc ??

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I use both. I have been a chrome user for a long time so I have my favorites set up and passwords saved, but I am pretty close to having safari set up the same way. I prefer using safari on iOS, but will use chrome if I need to for some reason.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I use Safari, I tried using Chrome but I have links to open often enough that it’s annoying when links open in Safari. And Safari is fast, it’s even faster than Chrome on my MacBook as well when I’m using an adblocker.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
i do find safari very fast to be fair although on my imac chrome is a tad faster i find. I just miss the pull down to refresh gesture thats on chrome in android! Safari would be awesome if it had that ha

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Safari ftw.

I how it integrates with iOS and I use Mac at work and home, so everything is just there. I also think that it looks better than chrome, especially on iOS.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
There is an iOS cloud bookmarks extension for chrome so that you can have all of your favorites from chrome in safari. I don’t use chrome much on my phone anymore because of that extension. Hope it helps someone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There is an iOS cloud bookmarks extension for chrome so that you can have all of your favorites from chrome in safari. I don’t use chrome much on my phone anymore because of that extension. Hope it helps someone.

I’m sure it does and thank you for the tip....

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
On my phone I use safari because it’s just so easy since it’s so integrated but I’m becoming increasingly annoyed with it. I am getting tons of those incessant pops for Walmart gift cards and other things. It’s driving me crazy. Is chrome better about blocking those pop up/redirects?

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
On my phone I use safari because it’s just so easy since it’s so integrated but I’m becoming increasingly annoyed with it. I am getting tons of those incessant pops for Walmart gift cards and other things. It’s driving me crazy. Is chrome better about blocking those pop up/redirects?

I’m getting those too and Chrome is not better. In fact for me it is worse and I had to just uninstall it. I started using private browsing in Safari and it helps. You have to watch opening links from news apps to read an article too. I find it happened most after linking to something I wanted to read.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
How do I do this?

Here's how:
Go to Google Chrome Web Store https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions
Type in icloud bookmarks by Apple inc.
Click Add to Chrome
Once the icloud symbol is in extensions. Should be next to your web adress window.
Select Open icloud for windows.

There will be options for iCloud Drive, Photos, Mail, and Bookmarks.
Select Bookmarks With Chrome - There is an options button that you can sync internet explorer or firefox as well. This is not limited to google chrome.
Select Apply and now your bookmarks are synced from chrome to safari at all times.
It may take a few minutes for everything to sync, but I have had nothing but great luck with this.

I guess I couldve added screenshots. But hope this helps and easy to follow. Enjoy.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Here's how:
Go to Google Chrome Web Store https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions
Type in icloud bookmarks by Apple inc.
Click Add to Chrome
Once the icloud symbol is in extensions. Should be next to your web adress window.
Select Open icloud for windows.

There will be options for iCloud Drive, Photos, Mail, and Bookmarks.
Select Bookmarks With Chrome - There is an options button that you can sync internet explorer or firefox as well. This is not limited to google chrome.
Select Apply and now your bookmarks are synced from chrome to safari at all times.
It may take a few minutes for everything to sync, but I have had nothing but great luck with this.

I guess I couldve added screenshots. But hope this helps and easy to follow. Enjoy.

Thanks I’ll try it out when I get home!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I use Safari on both my MBP and my iPhone. I hate Chrome on Android, so I'd think that it wouldn't be any better on iOS.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I use Safari on both my MBP and my iPhone. I hate Chrome on Android, so I'd think that it wouldn't be any better on iOS.

I prefer chrome on my imac personally. Don't like safari at all. Safari is much better on ios i think although id still arguably prefer chrome purely for its pull down to refresh gesture

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711