I caved and got an X.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I caved and bought 2. Love them both but can’t decide which I like better, the SG or silver.

I vote for Silver, but then again, that's the one I picked. I use an Apple silicone case, and something to keep in mind is that the exposed band on my Silver X has quite a few micro scratches on it. You can only see them in the right light and if you look for them. It doesn't bother me, but certainly could bother you.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Any imperfections bother me at least a little bit I have to remind myself that it’s just a small hand-held computer and the world is not gonna be affected by a few imperfections on one of my phones. ...so, that’s what I tell myself...but I frick’n hate blemishes on my devices!

Last edited:

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Any imperfections bother me at least a little bit I have to remind myself that it’s just a small hand-held computer and the world is not gonna be affected by a few imperfections on one of my phones. ...so, that’s whatI tell myself...but I frick’n hate blemishes on my devices!

I myself am quite OCD about having any blemishes on my phones and any other devices as well but wear and tear is pretty normal over time of regular use. Maybe after nearly a year of use on my X I might not be so bothered about small imperfections such as hairline scratches or light abrasions, but having them now is a definite no-no.

BillsiPhoneX

Jan 21, 2018
Visit site
I got my X on January 12th. Jumped from being a long time T-Mobile customer to Verizon. The deal I received is pretty sweet. I am actually going to be paying far less and saving more than 60 dollars a month for much better call quality and service and fast speeds along with my new iPhone X.

There're many places where T-Mo does not get service or still has crappy service in the Bay Area. The areas are not remote but in the city's where you can't do anything and it's been like that for the last 5 years. T-Mobile has not improved in these areas in the Bay Area. I would be on calls and they have a lot of static. or dropped calls. This would be on iPhone 6S and an iPhone 7.

I love the call quality with Verizon. I am amazed at the call quality. I should have switched a long time ago. I used to tout the speed of T-Mo performing speed test after speed test in different areas. I would Tweet the results from time to time. But no more, Verizon is just as fast if not faster in those same spots and more reliable in those areas.

I have an Android phone from my employer that is on AT&T. The service is okay for the areas I am in and my commute. It's good enough to be my work phone service.

I am totally stoked for Verizon and for me and my iPhone X with the service it's a perfect match and can't wait till spring and summer where I can get out in the middle of nowhere places to take awesome pics and have reliable service.

Last edited:

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I got my X on January 12th. Jumped from being a long time T-Mobile customer to Verizon. The deal I received is pretty sweet. I am actually going to be paying far less and saving more than 60 dollars a month for much better call quality and service and fast speeds along with my new iPhone X.

There're many places where T-Mo does not get service or still has crappy service in the Bay Area. The areas are not remote but in the city's where you can't do anything and it's been like that for the last 5 years. T-Mobile has not improved in these areas in the Bay Area. I would be on calls and they have a lot of static. or dropped calls. This would be on iPhone 6S and an iPhone 7.

I love the call quality with Verizon. I am amazed at the call quality. I should have switched a long time ago. I used to tout the speed of T-Mo performing speed test after speed test in different areas. I would Tweet the results from time to time. But no more, Verizon is just as fast if not faster in those same spots and more reliable in those areas.

I have an Android phone from my employer that is on AT&T. The service is okay for the areas I am in and my commute. It's good enough to be my work phone service.

I am totally stoked for Verizon and for me and my iPhone X with the service it's a perfect match and can't wait till spring and summer where I can get out in the middle of nowhere places to take awesome pics and have reliable service.

Glad it worked out for you! Enjoy your new X and new service.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I have ATT it works great everywhere I tend to go. Would like to jump back to T-Mobile, however that won’t be possible because I have no service with them at my house. Not 2g or 1 bar LTE. Literally, no service at all. Everywhere else is fine.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
I have ATT it works great everywhere I tend to go. Would like to jump back to T-Mobile, however that won’t be possible because I have no service with them at my house. Not 2g or 1 bar LTE. Literally, no service at all. Everywhere else is fine.

T-Mobile will give you a free LTE antenna booster for your house.

I had to get one for my business because we have metal everywhere and it kills all providers cell service. The booster solved the issue completely.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile will give you a free LTE antenna booster for your house.

I had to get one for my business because we have metal everywhere and it kills all providers cell service. The booster solved the issue completely.

We tried that. You have to have a cellular connection some how in order for it to work. In a 1/2 mike square radius T-Mobile has no service at all. It’s weird, they tell me it sounds weird. Techs have even come out to test the network. My property is a complete T-Mobile/Verizon dead zone. ATT 3-4 bars LTE 80down 30 up average. The fastest WiFi I can get is ATT DSL 5 Mbps down and 3 up. #RuralLiving

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
We tried that. You have to have a cellular connection some how in order for it to work. In a 1/2 mike square radius T-Mobile has no service at all. It’s weird, they tell me it sounds weird. Techs have even come out to test the network. My property is a complete T-Mobile/Verizon dead zone. ATT 3-4 bars LTE 80down 30 up average. The fastest WiFi I can get is ATT DSL 5 Mbps down and 3 up. #RuralLiving

Not sure if its change since you last tried it but ours didnt need any cell signal. It hooks directly to our internet router though comcast and provides cell service through our internet. In our building without it we get the dreaded “No Service” notification but with it we get full signal.

Im trying to get my personal At&t account to give me one for the building as well but they dont want to since its not my billing address.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
It’s not actually bigger it’s just taller. The X screen is 97% of the size of the 8 plus screen.

I didn’t realize it was that close. That’s awesome considering how much smaller the X (ecks) is. I was always teetering between the Plus and the non-plus because I wanted the big screen but not the huge footprint. One was too massive and the other too small so I guess I was the demographic Apple was going after by making the X in the smaller size with the bigger screen.

By the way to those who finally caved, were any of you the ones in other threads trash talking the X? Be honest.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I didn’t realize it was that close. That’s awesome considering how much smaller the X (ecks) is. I was always teetering between the Plus and the non-plus because I wanted the big screen but not the huge footprint. One was too massive and the other too small so I guess I was the demographic Apple was going after by making the X in the smaller size with the bigger screen.

By the way to those who finally caved, were any of you the ones in other threads trash talking the X? Be honest.

97% is completely wrong. The X is 5.8" the 8+ is 5.5" the difference is simply aspect ratio.
X is taller and less wide but still "larger" not smaller/97% of 5.5" ...
it's 5.8" (x)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234