I have noticed that when i check my battery stats that whatsapp always shows more mins of background activity then actual minutes of usage? Does that sound normal? And secondly...... I have background data turned off so how is it running in the background lol
    12-12-2017 03:22 PM
    Yep, that’s normal. See below screenshot.

This is my usage in the past 7 days
    And what do you mean by background data turned off? Did you disable cellular data for Background App Refresh or did you disable Background App Refresh in its entirety?
    12-12-2017 03:41 PM
    Yep, that’s normal. See below screenshot.

This is my usage in the past 7 days https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...420e402a60.jpg
    And what do you mean by background data turned off? Did you disable cellular data for Background App Refresh or did you disable Background App Refresh in its entirety?
    I disabled it in its entirety. I dont actually understand what difference it makes to be honest because i still get notified immediately when a message comes in ? Can you or someone else explain the reasoning for having background data on/off? And should i be having background activity in the battery stats if its turned off? Its 100% turned off
    12-12-2017 04:01 PM
    I disabled it in its entirety. I dont actually understand what difference it makes to be honest because i still get notified immediately when a message comes in ? Can you or someone else explain the reasoning for having background data on/off? And should i be having background activity in the battery stats if its turned off? Its 100% turned off
    Here is information about Background App Refresh from iMore:

https://www.imore.com/how-to-manage-...sh-iphone-ipad

I don’t know much about it but I prefer my phone to work as it is intended to, without having to deactivate or disable stuff. But that’s just me.
    12-12-2017 04:17 PM
    Here is information about Background App Refresh from iMore:

https://www.imore.com/how-to-manage-...sh-iphone-ipad

I don’t know much about it but I prefer my phone to work as it is intended to, without having to deactivate or disable stuff. But that’s just me.
    I understand that. Everything seems to function fine with it off though! Its not giving me any issues nor am i missing notifications etc I was really just curious why iam seeing background activity if background data is turned off
    12-12-2017 04:21 PM
    I understand that. Everything seems to function fine with it off though! Its not giving me any issues nor am i missing notifications etc I was really just curious why iam seeing background activity if background data is turned off
    I don’t know. Sorry.
    Hopefully someone else with more knowledge will chime in soon.
    Blaalad12 likes this.
    12-12-2017 04:44 PM