Is there a way to activate the Passcode without having to go through Face ID first? This would be really helpful while working in the office and not having to lift my X from the desk, thanks!
    12-12-2017 09:50 AM
    Is there a way to activate the Passcode without having to go through Face ID first? This would be really helpful while working in the office and not having to lift my X from the desk, thanks!
    The only way I know around that is to turn Face ID off (Settings>Face ID & Passcode>iPhone Unlock) or as long as Face ID is on, tap the screen and swipe up then wait till it ask for the passcode. It's probably just as fast as having to lift the phone though.
    12-12-2017 10:11 AM
    The only way I know around that is to turn Face ID off (Settings>Face ID & Passcode>iPhone Unlock) or as long as Face ID is on, tap the screen and swipe up then wait till it ask for the passcode. It's probably just as fast as having to lift the phone though.
    Yeah I'd rather not turn off Face ID, ill just keep swiping up and wait for Face ID to fail and enter the passcode in. I wonder if doing this slows down Face ID in any way... since it captures the data when it fails and keeps it in the system...?
    12-12-2017 11:10 AM
    Yeah I'd rather not turn off Face ID, ill just keep swiping up and wait for Face ID to fail and enter the passcode in. I wonder if doing this slows down Face ID in any way... since it captures the data when it fails and keeps it in the system...?
    I couldn't tell you if it will affect Face ID eventually. I don't know how Apple handles the data stored on the phone.
    12-12-2017 11:48 AM