I'll throw my 2 cents worth in here. I was so skeptical about Face ID and the lack of a home button that I bought an iPhone 8 when they came out. After playing around with the iPhone X in the Apple Store, I started to reconsider and I took the plunge when Apple released the SIM-free iPhone X. The learning curve was swift for me (hours) and I can't believe how natural the whole experience feels. Face ID is amazing!

My iPhone 8 is going on eBay.
    TripleOne and DarkKnight08 like this.
    12-18-2017 11:20 AM
    WebOS and BlackBerry 10 users from the past will probably instantly adapt! lol
    This^^

Former Blackberry 10 user (well, I still use passport on wifi for work emails) caught on instantly. I only wish it was less tedious to close out of an app...once you swipe up on an app in BB10 there is an x at the bottom of the app to close out.
    12-20-2017 03:37 PM
    About 15 seconds. I had watched several review videos before it arrived but mostly it was like coming home to Blackberry OS10 which was full gesture based. Love the X.
    12-20-2017 07:01 PM
    It took me a day and I was used to it.
    12-21-2017 03:58 PM
    Its been a pretty easy transition from the prior iphones to the X, I miss the battery % and feel Apple should allow us to have the % or the icon. FaceID is slower than TouchID in that you have to be looking at it and it takes longer to open things but it's easier at other times.
    12-21-2017 04:23 PM
    5 mins.
    12-21-2017 04:31 PM
    About 2 minutes! Loved my palm pre back in the day also
    12-21-2017 11:33 PM
    I’m used to it but I after a month of ownership I don’t love Face ID. I find I end up having to use my pin more than I did with Touch ID. At first I was impressed that it would work with my huge aviator sunnies on but more and more I notice that it’s annoying to have to raise it. It’s not like I have to lift it all the way but sometimes it’s just faster to type my password then to try to get Face ID to recognize me.
    12-22-2017 01:20 AM
    To be perfectly honest a day at most. The only thing I still find myself messing up is when I go to close apps. I forget about the second step of long pressing till the red circle is there to start swiping away. Other than that it became second nature really quick.
    I wish that in a future iOS update, Apple would include a way to shut down all apps at ones, for instance by a prolonged press of the delete icon. I also wish there were a way to simultaneously close all open web pages in safari. These were both hacks that could be installed from Cydia on jailbroken phones that I miss. I haven’t been jailbroken in years because all of the other jailbreak hacks I liked have essentially been built into the iOS.

Getting used to the lack of home button didn’t take long. I do find myself going to the bottom of the screen to pull up the control center from time to time, but that’s just a matter of habit and will pass. I also occasionally forget what buttons to press to take a screenshot, or to reboot the phone. I don’t do these things often, but I’m sure I’ll become more accustomed to the phone over time — I’ve only been using an iPhone X for two weeks.
    12-22-2017 09:13 AM
  10. iOS
    Right away. Maybe because all the iPhone X videos I was watching before I got it. I understood how it worked and saw it over and over again. Got it and started off like nothing. I picked up my 7 plus and I caught myself trying to swipe up.
    12-23-2017 12:44 PM
    The hard part is not getting used to Face ID and gestures, it's that those features are missing on my iPad! I keep swiping up on my iPad and then wondering why nothing happened.
    12-26-2017 05:01 PM
    It took me a day or two to get totally comfortable.
    01-02-2018 06:41 PM
    The no home button, the hand gestures etc.
    Because I tried playing with a X at the Apple store and it was mind boggling.
    I ask because even though my iPhone 7 Plus « appeared » to have survived its trip through the soak and spin cycle, I can see that it doesn’t work quite right anymore and it’s full of hiccups so I might need to upgrade afterall.
    1 day. . .
    01-04-2018 03:21 PM
    No time at all. Because when I would jailbreak, there were tweaks to already do these gestures. And I preferred it. So in all reality, maybe 15 minutes to adjust.
    01-04-2018 04:57 PM
    The no home button, the hand gestures etc.
    Because I tried playing with a X at the Apple store and it was mind boggling.
    I ask because even though my iPhone 7 Plus « appeared » to have survived its trip through the soak and spin cycle, I can see that it doesn’t work quite right anymore and it’s full of hiccups so I might need to upgrade afterall.
    I am testing it from the Pixel 2 XL. It took me a few hours at most and I got used to it.
    01-04-2018 05:12 PM
    2 mins... tops !
    01-04-2018 05:13 PM
66 123