Be honest: how long did it take you to get used to it?

travis4380

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Didn’t take long as I only had the iPhone 7+ for a year. Everything before that was an android. So for me I welcomed not having a home button and less bezel. I would like the size of screen to be closer to a full 6”.

Mits5139

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
About an hour and a half. It’s pretty slick once you get used to it and intuitive. I like it. I agree on the Web OS and BB10 comment as well

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I was thinking about getting an iPad Pro after Christmas, but after using my niece's tablet I think I'm gonna wait and hopefully they'll bring FaceID and the gestures to iPad. I don't wanna go back to using a home button anytime soon after using the gestures.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking about getting an iPad Pro after Christmas, but after using my niece's tablet I think I'm gonna wait and hopefully they'll bring FaceID and the gestures to iPad. I don't wanna go back to using a home button anytime soon after using the gestures.

Yeah I’ve been wanting an iPad again as well but after using the X I definitely will wait till they add FaceID to the lineup.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I’m hoping for a redesigned iPad Pro next year

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I find it pretty wild how acclimated we all became to a “home button” over the last decade and the fact that Apple made this transition to gestures with such ease and adaptation is quite impressive. When I heard the home button was gone back in October I immediately became closed off and said I will not buy this phone. I convinced myself I wouldn’t be able to use gestures on a phone, I mean who in the industry besides blackberry does that?! Well, I definitely caved and got the X and was beyond shocked at how natural the gestures are executed from my fingers! Not all the gestures are ideal, but the most important ones I don’t even think about. I don’t miss the home button one bit, I don’t wish I still had one or wonder what if the X had one. There is no need for it with this device. Now the Face ID is a whole other story but for what it is worth it works quite well, just has some limitations over Touch ID that I do admit to be missing

Ric_D

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'll throw my 2 cents worth in here. I was so skeptical about Face ID and the lack of a home button that I bought an iPhone 8 when they came out. After playing around with the iPhone X in the Apple Store, I started to reconsider and I took the plunge when Apple released the SIM-free iPhone X. The learning curve was swift for me (hours) and I can't believe how natural the whole experience feels. Face ID is amazing!

My iPhone 8 is going on eBay.

nappalonia

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
WebOS and BlackBerry 10 users from the past will probably instantly adapt! lol

This^^

Former Blackberry 10 user (well, I still use passport on wifi for work emails) caught on instantly. I only wish it was less tedious to close out of an app...once you swipe up on an app in BB10 there is an x at the bottom of the app to close out.

Innerchild

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
About 15 seconds. I had watched several review videos before it arrived but mostly it was like coming home to Blackberry OS10 which was full gesture based. Love the X.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Its been a pretty easy transition from the prior iphones to the X, I miss the battery % and feel Apple should allow us to have the % or the icon. FaceID is slower than TouchID in that you have to be looking at it and it takes longer to open things but it's easier at other times.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I’m used to it but I after a month of ownership I don’t love Face ID. I find I end up having to use my pin more than I did with Touch ID. At first I was impressed that it would work with my huge aviator sunnies on but more and more I notice that it’s annoying to have to raise it. It’s not like I have to lift it all the way but sometimes it’s just faster to type my password then to try to get Face ID to recognize me.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
To be perfectly honest a day at most. The only thing I still find myself messing up is when I go to close apps. I forget about the second step of long pressing till the red circle is there to start swiping away. Other than that it became second nature really quick.

I wish that in a future iOS update, Apple would include a way to shut down all apps at ones, for instance by a prolonged press of the delete icon. I also wish there were a way to simultaneously close all open web pages in safari. These were both hacks that could be installed from Cydia on jailbroken phones that I miss. I haven’t been jailbroken in years because all of the other jailbreak hacks I liked have essentially been built into the iOS.

Getting used to the lack of home button didn’t take long. I do find myself going to the bottom of the screen to pull up the control center from time to time, but that’s just a matter of habit and will pass. I also occasionally forget what buttons to press to take a screenshot, or to reboot the phone. I don’t do these things often, but I’m sure I’ll become more accustomed to the phone over time — I’ve only been using an iPhone X for two weeks.

iOS ???

Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
Right away. Maybe because all the iPhone X videos I was watching before I got it. I understood how it worked and saw it over and over again. Got it and started off like nothing. I picked up my 7 plus and I caught myself trying to swipe up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro