Be honest: how long did it take you to get used to it?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I’m going to try to delay this as much as possible, I really need to save money right now. But I think I’ll be upgrading sooner than I wanted.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I got used to it the same day, but I went back to an 8 Plus because the fluidity of how I can use it felt much more better and comfortable.

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Maybe 15 minutes? It’s an easy transition. You need to go through some actions a few times, like force closing apps, to get the hang of it but overall it’s very easy.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I’m going to try to delay this as much as possible, I really need to save money right now. But I think I’ll be upgrading sooner than I wanted.

You COULD buy a used 6S or SE to tide you over and wait for the iPhone X2 or whatever next year. :) The follow up is always better. :)

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, the hardest part for me is swiping down for control center. I cannot tel you how many times I have left an app trying to swipe up for control center. At least 200 times.

Other than that, everything else has been golden.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Honestly, the hardest part for me is swiping down for control center. I cannot tel you how many times I have left an app trying to swipe up for control center. At least 200 times.

Other than that, everything else has been golden.

Even worse is sometimes not even getting control center to come down.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I had it immediately. I have been using gestures for years on my iMac with my magic mouse and my MBP trackpad. So it was second nature for me. I love gestures for doing things.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Now that I think about it....Reachability sucks on the X. It was soooo much easier with a home button. Now, most of the time it doesn't work. You have to be exact on the positioning to get it to work. That's probably my only complaint now that we don't have a home button anymore.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Now that I think about it....Reachability sucks on the X. It was soooo much easier with a home button. Now, most of the time it doesn't work. You have to be exact on the positioning to get it to work. That's probably my only complaint now that we don't have a home button anymore.

Yeah, it is easier with a physical button to activate Reachability.

But I do think it’s nice to be able to just swipe down on the home bar thing.

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it is easier with a physical button to activate Reachability.

But I do think it’s nice to be able to just swipe down on the home bar thing.
I agree. It is nice. When it works lol. That's my problem. I love the idea. I just think the execution is less stellar. My experience with it is that it's not very consistent.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I've found that if you position your thumb right on the edge of the screen and swipe down it works every time without fail. Now saying that, if one is using a case that has a lip there that could be a problem...

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I've found that if you position your thumb right on the edge of the screen and swipe down it works every time without fail. Now saying that, if one is using a case that has a lip there that could be a problem...

I'll give that a shot and see how it goes. I use the Apple leather case so there is no lip down there.

Thanks for the tip.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
As others have mentioned Reachability was the toughest to get. But once I figured out where to start the swipe down I've had no issues.

Roguefoxx

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
It took me about an hour to get used to the gestures. They seem very natural to me. Now the only problem I have is with my Note 8, I keep trying to swipe up from the bottom to close apps! ;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2