Someone please explain the volume keys lol

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Cannot for the life of me understand how the volume works/ is controlled on this device. If i open control centre and drag the volume all the way down to where it appears to show a mute switch. The phone still rings, makes sound etc If i use the volume keys, the ringer volume is reduced but this doesnt change the volume bar within control centre or doesnt appear to BUT if i toggle the physical keys and immediately toggle the bar in control centre afterwards then the whole lots adjusts in sync. Please tell me your understanding what iam saying so far lol

Is this normal? Why is there no simple modes like mute/vibrate and normal/sound?

I often want to have my phone on silent but i want it to vibrate but i cannot do that. I can reduce the volume or i can toggle the switch above the volume controls for silent but then it wont vibrate either lol

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Settings > Sound and Haptics. You have the option to change everything with the volume switch or just media. Change with buttons on affects everything, off only affects media.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Settings > Sound and Haptics. You have the option to change everything with the volume switch or just media. Change with buttons on affects everything, off only affects media.

Oh right. Ill check that out because i thought i went through all that. Its ridiculous at the moment lol I turned my phone on silent and then played a video and the video was silent to so i turned up the volume and then the phones ringer was automatically turned up aswell lol Driving me mad haha

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh right. Ill check that out because i thought i went through all that. Its ridiculous at the moment lol I turned my phone on silent and then played a video and the video was silent to so i turned up the volume and then the phones ringer was automatically turned up aswell lol Driving me mad haha

I went into these settings myself and found that I had change with buttons off. It would appear that when change with buttons is on, the buttons change alert volumes but not media unless media is playing. When it is off the volume buttons always change media volume and not alert volume. I don’t know if that helps you sort out what you’ve been experiencing or not, but I found it informative for myself.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Why on earth there is no seperate volume controls like on Android is beyond me! I genuienly really like this phone but i totally can see why so many people prefer android! Theres way too many small things that are easy to implement but apple refuse to do so!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Why on earth there is no seperate volume controls like on Android is beyond me! I genuienly really like this phone but i totally can see why so many people prefer android! Theres way too many small things that are easy to implement but apple refuse to do so!

I have never had the need to lower the ringer volume. It’s either on or off, with the mute switch.
I do, however, change the volume for sounds and music and videos quite often.
That’s why I have the Change With Buttons disabled for Ringer and Alerts.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site

The volume slider in the control panel only adjusts media volume. I have it set that the volume keys control the ringer and alerts unless Im in a media app. If I am listening to media the volume keys adjust it accordingly. Its not as ideal as androids volume but it works for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2