Time to Auto-Lock

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I have my phone set for one minute to auto lock but it goes off after about 18 seconds! Is there something else I’m supposed to do? Thanks

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have my phone set for one minute to auto lock but it goes off after about 18 seconds! Is there something else I’m supposed to do? Thanks

If you have enabled Low Power Mode, the setting for autolock will be ignored and set to 30 seconds. This means that the screen will start to dim at around 18 seconds like you already experienced.
There is nothing you can do to change this except for disabling Low Power Mode.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
If you have enabled Low Power Mode, the setting for autolock will be ignored and set to 30 seconds. This means that the screen will start to dim at around 18 seconds like you already experienced.
There is nothing you can do to change this except for disabling Low Power Mode.

I do not have low power mode on!!

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

It might also be the Face ID. I think the X will dim and then turn off the screen more quickly even if you have it set for a longer time if the Face ID array detects that you’re not actively looking at the display

Edit: I think it’s called Attention Aware. You can read more about it here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208245

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
That's why my phone is always set to never turn off. When I'm finished looking at it, then I'll press the sleep button.
I've never had any problems with battery life.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711