So i just went and enabled reduce motion as it speeds things up a notch right? WRONG lol My iphone x feels faster with reduced motion turned off. How / why is that? lol I figured turning off animations would make things feel a little snappier but it has had the opposite affect.
    jhnnyblze2000 likes this.
    12-09-2017 10:52 AM
    So i just went and enabled reduce motion as it speeds things up a notch right? WRONG lol My iphone x feels faster with reduced motion turned off. How / why is that? lol I figured turning off animations would make things feel a little snappier but it has had the opposite affect.
    Ironically i have just noticed that Face id seems to unlock a tiny bit quicker if reduce motion is enabled. However, opening and closing apps feels quicker with it disabled? Anyone else notice this or am i weird lol
    12-09-2017 10:54 AM
    I definitely think it feels chopier with the reduce motion turned on.
    12-09-2017 10:54 AM
    With iOS 11.2, turned on reduced motion does not increase the speed in which apps open or close, etcetera, from ‘my’ experience. The time is the same minus the animation, in my opinion.
    TripleOne likes this.
    12-09-2017 12:13 PM
    With iOS 11.2, turned on reduced motion does not increase the speed in which apps open or close, etcetera, from ‘my’ experience. The time is the same minus the animation, in my opinion.
    Yeah that seems to be the case. Face id is a tad quicker however if you enable reduce motion but theres not much in the difference. I have just gone back to default
    12-09-2017 12:14 PM
    i used to always have it enabled on my older iphones but for some reason i just like having it off on the x. it just looks better with the animation. i also dont like how it looks without the animation in the app switcher..
    12-09-2017 10:19 PM
    If I remember correctly, reduce motion never affected the speed of anything. I believe it’s just for people who have issues viewing all the motion.
    Just_Me_D and Blaalad12 like this.
    12-10-2017 12:20 AM
    If I remember correctly, reduce motion never affected the speed of anything. I believe it’s just for people who have issues viewing all the motion.
    You are correct, sir........It was my intent to address this yesterday, but it slupped my mind.
    12-10-2017 08:07 AM