Hi,

i've just received my iPhone X, restored it from backup (from my iPhone 7) and updated it to iOS 11.2

great device, however i can't search for settings (while i am in settings-app)
    (i don't think this is an iOS 11.2 issue, because i can still do that on my iPhone 7 which also runs 11.2)

attached picture: same search from iPhone 7 (left) and iPhone x (right)
    both running same iOS, and both restored from the same backup

iPhone X can't search for settings-iphone7xsbs.png

Is this a bug, or a hidden setting?
    (if it's a setting, it's pretty annoying, because well, i can't search for the setting )
    12-08-2017 01:44 PM
    Hi,

i've just received my iPhone X, restored it from backup (from my iPhone 7) and updated it to iOS 11.2

great device, however i can't search for settings (while i am in settings-app)
    (i don't think this is an iOS 11.2 issue, because i can still do that on my iPhone 7 which also runs 11.2)

attached picture: same search from iPhone 7 (left) and iPhone x (right)
    both running same iOS, and both restored from the same backup

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone7Xsbs.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	120931

Is this a bug, or a hidden setting?
    (if it's a setting, it's pretty annoying, because well, i can't search for the setting )
    That's odd, because it works on my X. Have you rebooted since set up? Maybe that will help.
    iPhone X can't search for settings-img_0196.png
    12-08-2017 02:05 PM
    Yes i had tried rebooting before you asked this. After you asked this, i did another reboot, and now it doesn't even show the apps in there.. whaat???

maybe the device is still setting up everything? i.e. scrubbing through all the photo's and apps for metatada?

i'll set it aside for tonight, maybe it will all magically appear tomorrow. i'll keep this thread updated
    12-08-2017 02:27 PM
    Yes i had tried rebooting before you asked this. After you asked this, i did another reboot, and now it doesn't even show the apps in there.. whaat???

maybe the device is still setting up everything? i.e. scrubbing through all the photo's and apps for metatada?

i'll set it aside for tonight, maybe it will all magically appear tomorrow. i'll keep this thread updated
    It may use some kind of cached data to build the search lists. I'd do as you mentioned, just use your phone as usual and try again later.
    12-08-2017 02:39 PM
    Update: after several days and reboots I still had the same issue.

I solved it by doing “reset all settings” in Settings->General->Reset

Unfortunately my setttings were a bit messed up after that, but this fixed it and luckily i did not have to do a full factory reset.
    msm0511 likes this.
    12-10-2017 04:02 AM
    Update: after several days and reboots I still had the same issue.

I solved it by doing “reset all settings” in Settings->General->Reset

Unfortunately my setttings were a bit messed up after that, but this fixed it and luckily i did not have to do a full factory reset.
    Glad you got it working!!!
    12-10-2017 06:36 AM
    Glad you got it working!!!
    I reset all settings also, and it worked for the apps already installed. When I search settings for apps installed after the reset, the new apps don't come up.

Note: Everything works in Spotlight. This is only a problem searching Settings.

Anyone else see this after resetting settings?
    02-17-2018 05:50 PM
    I reset all settings also, and it worked for the apps already installed. When I search settings for apps installed after the reset, the new apps don't come up.

Note: Everything works in Spotlight. This is only a problem searching Settings.

Anyone else see this after resetting settings?
    I have also similar problem on my iPhone 7+ after upgrade from 11.2.5 on 11.2.6, then I change language of my iPhone and now I can’t find in Settings.
    I try change language, Siri on/off, also spotlight Settings to Settings)) but nothing(
    02-25-2018 02:19 PM
    I have also similar problem on my iPhone 7+ after upgrade from 11.2.5 on 11.2.6, then I change language of my iPhone and now I can’t find in Settings.
    I try change language, Siri on/off, also spotlight Settings to Settings)) but nothing(
    I find solutions or workaround)))
    My payment for iCloud can’t be accepted, because was empty card without money! And after what I see one notification under AppleId what I need to renew, Update Payment Details!

I change Language Settings for iPhone, and Search in Settings and Search in Spotlight was enable again!!! I think after noticing about Payment, iPhone clear cache for Settings!!
    Last edited by kostkv; 03-03-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    03-01-2018 02:17 PM
    Yes, change payment card, or get new virtual card with 0$ balance. After try to get payment for iCloud, cache Settings will be erased and Search in Settings and in Spotlight will be work again!
    03-01-2018 02:22 PM
    I tried all of these and still didn’t work. I have an iphone 7 which I got last night.
    04-14-2018 11:00 AM