I personally think Apple Watch had a huge part to play in why apple never wanted to give the iphone an LED for notifications! Its probably the feature i miss the most about my S8. Ive been late seeing a few notifications on my iphone x as a result of no led indicator.
    The AW is a pretty pricey expense to pay to compensate for the lack of LED notifications. I'd personally enjoy the addition of LED notifications. Or better yet, Always On Display.
    Blaalad12 likes this.
    12-11-2017 06:12 PM
    Seriously is that even a thing anymore?! I realize blinking LEDs were incredibly hot last decade, but if notifications are that important to a user, Apple has this device called Watch that totally crushes notifications ...
    Yeah I don't really care for them either. My last two Android phones didn't have them either because these things called notifications got a lot better and more detailed lol.............

Is it really worth it the expense? I got hold of an ipad charger so i will use that next time i charge the device and see how that goes If charging time is still slow then i might invest in the recommended type c cable etc
    Try the iPad charger and see what you think. Based on some testing on another site https://www.macrumors.com/guide/ipho...eeds-compared/ after an hour of charging you'll be within about 7% of a fast charge setup. You'll see the biggest gap in the first 30 minutes or so which is standard fast charge behavior.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    12-11-2017 07:08 PM
    There are a few things I wish Apple would adopt though. Granular volume controls are one of the biggest. I miss being able to control alarm, system, notifications, and ringtone separately.
    This seems so painfully obvious that I honestly don't know what the eff Apple is thinking in leaving this out for TEN. FLIPPING. YEARS. And 11 versions of iOS...
    12-12-2017 10:08 AM
    This seems so painfully obvious that I honestly don't know what the eff Apple is thinking in leaving this out for TEN. FLIPPING. YEARS. And 11 versions of iOS...
    I have only realised this since switching to the iphone x. Its seriously dumb! I cannot figure out how the volume works at all. I turn it down because i dont want to be disturbed with calls in work but then everything seems to be turned down and i miss my alarm etc Yet equally as confusing is that the volume turns up and down even if the silent switch is toggled lol I would love to have my ringtone turned down but my alarm up full volume. How hard can it be ? Also, i keep missing calls whenever the phone is in my pocket. I have no idea if i have the volume down or what the hell is going on
    12-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the transition from Android to the X. I've been in the walled garden so long it is really nice to hear/read a fresh perspective.
    12-12-2017 03:41 PM
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the transition from Android to the X. I've been in the walled garden so long it is really nice to hear/read a fresh perspective.
    Your welcome mate. I feel like theres nothing my iphone x does that my S8 could not do just as good to be honest. However, theres something really enjoyable about using the Iphone x. Perhaps i grew bored of android and ios offers something new/different and fresh. I dont know what it is but using the X is just so enjoyable ha Iam really enjoying the user interface and am more then happy to sell my S8 and stick with the X. As i said in another thread. If the X had an led notification light. Customisation options and maybe a camera thats a little more sharp particularly when zoomed then i think this would be the best phone out there! The camera on the iphone is great but the S8 edges it i think!
    nnahorski and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-12-2017 04:16 PM
    Your welcome mate. I feel like theres nothing my iphone x does that my S8 could not do just as good to be honest. However, theres something really enjoyable about using the Iphone x. Perhaps i grew bored of android and ios offers something new/different and fresh. I dont know what it is but using the X is just so enjoyable ha Iam really enjoying the user interface and am more then happy to sell my S8 and stick with the X. As i said in another thread. If the X had an led notification light. Customisation options and maybe a camera thats a little more sharp particularly when zoomed then i think this would be the best phone out there! The camera on the iphone is great but the S8 edges it i think!
    I've been so long without the LED light that I don't even notice it. I have most notifications silenced and/or turned off anyways, so even if it was there I probably wouldn't notice it.
    12-12-2017 04:24 PM
    I've been so long without the LED light that I don't even notice it. I have most notifications silenced and/or turned off anyways, so even if it was there I probably wouldn't notice it.
    I guess you do get used to it with time like anything! Id rather have it then not have it though! Sometimes i might wake at night for example and i might have no desire ti check my phone but if i see the led flashing then i know i have a notification and i can check it whereas with the iphone it goes unknown until i go out of my way to pick up the phone and check. Its not a huge deal but it can lead to me seeing important messages etc later then usual which is not ideal
    nnahorski likes this.
    12-12-2017 04:29 PM
    I have only realised this since switching to the iphone x. Its seriously dumb! I cannot figure out how the volume works at all. I turn it down because i dont want to be disturbed with calls in work but then everything seems to be turned down and i miss my alarm etc Yet equally as confusing is that the volume turns up and down even if the silent switch is toggled lol I would love to have my ringtone turned down but my alarm up full volume. How hard can it be ? Also, i keep missing calls whenever the phone is in my pocket. I have no idea if i have the volume down or what the hell is going on
    Go into Settings/Sounds & Haptics and make sure "change with buttons" is toggled on. Then go out to the homescreen and turn up the volume so that the ringer has some volume level. The Alarm seems to use the ringer volume.

Then to mute calls rings and notification sounds you can flip the mute switch. You'll still get a vibrate for calls/etc if "vibrate on silent" is toggled on (I leave it off so I don't have a phone buzzing in a meeting). The Alarm will still go off with the mute switch flipped to "silent". I know because a few times I've forgotten to turn the mute switch off of "silent" and my morning alarms still go off.

For changing media volume the buttons should control that while you're in the media/game/etc. If the popup volume thing says "ringer" you need to try again (maybe you tried adjusting it before the phone detected you were in something.

I think the default behavior with the "change with buttons" toggled off is that you must go into the sound settings to change the ringer volume and the buttons just control media volume for whatever you're in but I'm not sure 100% because I've had that toggle set to on since I switched to iPhone 2 years ago and was going nuts trying to figure it out as well.
    12-12-2017 05:07 PM
    Go into Settings/Sounds & Haptics and make sure "change with buttons" is toggled on. Then go out to the homescreen and turn up the volume so that the ringer has some volume level. The Alarm seems to use the ringer volume.

Then to mute calls rings and notification sounds you can flip the mute switch. You'll still get a vibrate for calls/etc if "vibrate on silent" is toggled on (I leave it off so I don't have a phone buzzing in a meeting). The Alarm will still go off with the mute switch flipped to "silent". I know because a few times I've forgotten to turn the mute switch off of "silent" and my morning alarms still go off.

For changing media volume the buttons should control that while you're in the media/game/etc. If the popup volume thing says "ringer" you need to try again (maybe you tried adjusting it before the phone detected you were in something.

I think the default behavior with the "change with buttons" toggled off is that you must go into the sound settings to change the ringer volume and the buttons just control media volume for whatever you're in but I'm not sure 100% because I've had that toggle set to on since I switched to iPhone 2 years ago and was going nuts trying to figure it out as well.

Cheers. That helps a little. Ideally i like to adjust everything manually! On my android for example i usually have my ringer up full but my notifications volume around half and alarm i believe is up full by default and cannot be turned down i think. I could just toggle between that set up, silent and vibrate with the touch of my finger! Would love if apple had the same toggle in control centre but oh well.
    12-12-2017 05:29 PM
    Cheers. That helps a little. Ideally i like to adjust everything manually! On my android for example i usually have my ringer up full but my notifications volume around half and alarm i believe is up full by default and cannot be turned down i think. I could just toggle between that set up, silent and vibrate with the touch of my finger! Would love if apple had the same toggle in control centre but oh well.
    Yeah unfortunately I've found that iOS doesn't allow for that level of granularity yet. This will get you as close as possible right now though.
    Blaalad12 likes this.
    12-12-2017 05:32 PM
36 12