Hi guys. Iam not a fan of the official facebook app and have been using 'Friendly' on my android device for a year or two now and much prefer it! Its available for iphone which is great but sadly on the iphone x it does not take advantage of the full screen plus it has no amoled mode like it does on android!

Does anyone know of an alternative facebook that works well with this phone and possibly has an amoled theme?
    12-08-2017 08:46 AM
    I do not use a FB alternative.
    I hope someone else will reply soon
    Blaalad12 likes this.
    12-08-2017 08:47 AM
    On the rare occasion I use FB I use Safari. I loathe the FB app on iOS and Android.
    12-09-2017 09:15 AM
    I'm on the Friendly beta. iPhone X support will be out in version 7. Should be soon. I really like Friendly. I use Friendly + a lot. Love the dark theme.
    12-09-2017 09:28 AM
    I'm on the Friendly beta. iPhone X support will be out in version 7. Should be soon. I really like Friendly. I use Friendly + a lot. Love the dark theme.
    Iam a fan of friendly too but sadly its not as good on ios as it was on Android. Is there any other alternatives? Dark mode is nice but its more of a grey then black where as on android it was true black!
    12-09-2017 10:05 AM
    Iam a fan of friendly too but sadly its not as good on ios as it was on Android. Is there any other alternatives? Dark mode is nice but its more of a grey then black where as on android it was true black!
    12-09-2017 10:05 AM
    I don't know of any better than Friendly. It works great on my 6s Plus. Other than black vs dark gray, what troubles about it? It should update to the X soon. It's in version 7. I like this look:
    12-09-2017 11:52 AM
    I don't know of any better than Friendly. It works great on my 6s Plus. Other than black vs dark gray, what troubles about it? It should update to the X soon. It's in version 7. I like this look:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...05faf8dec4.jpg
    Its actually not too bad i guess. If they introduce amoled mode rather then dark mode in version 7 and if it fits full screen then i will probably stick with it. On android i could change the top bar to the bottom which was a little handier but i can live with that! Just hope version 7 comes asap ha
    12-09-2017 12:35 PM
    Its actually not too bad i guess. If they introduce amoled mode rather then dark mode in version 7 and if it fits full screen then i will probably stick with it. On android i could change the top bar to the bottom which was a little handier but i can live with that! Just hope version 7 comes asap ha
    Doesn't the iPhone X already have amoled screen? I'm not sure I would like Friendly edge to edge on the X. Too tall and skinny a screen for Facebook. Is the Facebook app edge to edge? I'd have to see it I guess.
    12-09-2017 02:13 PM
    Use to be a nice FB client I used for years but sadly it was discontinued
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    12-09-2017 09:17 PM
    I know quite a few people who do not use the Facebook app. They opt to use Safari and login that way. I’ve just stuck with the app although it does drive me crazy from time to time!
    12-09-2017 11:13 PM
    I think Friendly is the one. Facebook isn’t big on third party apps.
    12-10-2017 12:45 AM
    There's one called Facely HD. I tried it, but not as good as Friendly.
    12-10-2017 03:48 PM
    There's one called Facely HD. I tried it, but not as good as Friendly.
    Yeah friendly seems to be the best. Hopefully they update soon to use the full display and introduce an amoled mode like on android so the color can be set to true black rather then grey you get with its current dark mode.
    12-10-2017 03:51 PM
    Yeah friendly seems to be the best. Hopefully they update soon to use the full display and introduce an amoled mode like on android so the color can be set to true black rather then grey you get with its current dark mode.
    I doubt the dark theme color will change. I'm on beta version 7.0 (7.0.4), and the color is the same.
    12-10-2017 04:47 PM
    I doubt the dark theme color will change. I'm on beta version 7.0 (7.0.4), and the color is the same.
    Thats odd. I figured they would introduce the amoled option now that ios has an amoled screen. Does the 7.0 beta take advantage of the whole screen? How does it look and where did you download it from?
    12-10-2017 04:51 PM
    Thats odd. I figured they would introduce the amoled option now that ios has an amoled screen. Does the 7.0 beta take advantage of the whole screen? How does it look and where did you download it from?
    No idea. I don't have the X.
    12-10-2017 04:57 PM