Facebook alternative?

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys. Iam not a fan of the official facebook app and have been using 'Friendly' on my android device for a year or two now and much prefer it! Its available for iphone which is great but sadly on the iphone x it does not take advantage of the full screen plus it has no amoled mode like it does on android!

Does anyone know of an alternative facebook that works well with this phone and possibly has an amoled theme?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the Friendly beta. iPhone X support will be out in version 7. Should be soon. I really like Friendly. I use Friendly + a lot. Love the dark theme.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I'm on the Friendly beta. iPhone X support will be out in version 7. Should be soon. I really like Friendly. I use Friendly + a lot. Love the dark theme.

Iam a fan of friendly too but sadly its not as good on ios as it was on Android. Is there any other alternatives? Dark mode is nice but its more of a grey then black where as on android it was true black!

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site

Iam a fan of friendly too but sadly its not as good on ios as it was on Android. Is there any other alternatives? Dark mode is nice but its more of a grey then black where as on android it was true black!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I don't know of any better than Friendly. It works great on my 6s Plus. Other than black vs dark gray, what troubles about it? It should update to the X soon. It's in version 7. I like this look:
1a46d085483567adea30c105faf8dec4.jpg

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I don't know of any better than Friendly. It works great on my 6s Plus. Other than black vs dark gray, what troubles about it? It should update to the X soon. It's in version 7. I like this look:
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171209/1a46d085483567adea30c105faf8dec4.jpg

Its actually not too bad i guess. If they introduce amoled mode rather then dark mode in version 7 and if it fits full screen then i will probably stick with it. On android i could change the top bar to the bottom which was a little handier but i can live with that! Just hope version 7 comes asap ha

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Its actually not too bad i guess. If they introduce amoled mode rather then dark mode in version 7 and if it fits full screen then i will probably stick with it. On android i could change the top bar to the bottom which was a little handier but i can live with that! Just hope version 7 comes asap ha

Doesn't the iPhone X already have amoled screen? I'm not sure I would like Friendly edge to edge on the X. Too tall and skinny a screen for Facebook. Is the Facebook app edge to edge? I'd have to see it I guess.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I know quite a few people who do not use the Facebook app. They opt to use Safari and login that way. I’ve just stuck with the app although it does drive me crazy from time to time!

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
There's one called Facely HD. I tried it, but not as good as Friendly.

Yeah friendly seems to be the best. Hopefully they update soon to use the full display and introduce an amoled mode like on android so the color can be set to true black rather then grey you get with its current dark mode.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah friendly seems to be the best. Hopefully they update soon to use the full display and introduce an amoled mode like on android so the color can be set to true black rather then grey you get with its current dark mode.

I doubt the dark theme color will change. I'm on beta version 7.0 (7.0.4), and the color is the same.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I doubt the dark theme color will change. I'm on beta version 7.0 (7.0.4), and the color is the same.

Thats odd. I figured they would introduce the amoled option now that ios has an amoled screen. Does the 7.0 beta take advantage of the whole screen? How does it look and where did you download it from?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2