Very small dead pixel

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a very small dead pixel barely can see My eyes literally need to be like very close to the screen.. Do they spread or cause problems in the future? Or should I return it? I thought it was a spec behind screen protector but it seems to be a very small pixel

songbird

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a very small dead pixel barely can see My eyes literally need to be like very close to the screen.. Do they spread or cause problems in the future? Or should I return it? I thought it was a spec behind screen protector but it seems to be a very small pixel

I would try to take it to an Apple store and see if they can swap it out for a new device. For the price of the phone I personally would want a near to perfect device. If it doesn't bother you then don't worry about it. I'm not sure if it will spread per say, but for me one I notice a dead pixel my eyes would just always be drawn to that one little pixel lol

rsidhaarth

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
I do read a lot of forums and some people do say that , having less than 5 or 7 dead pixels will come under the tolerance level and no replacement would be provided.

But paying a hefty amount for the Device, we expect no defect in it. Get it replaced.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Do you see it on a white background or all black background?
AMOLED is different than LCD whereas LCD pixels block the light coming from behind and AMOLED pixels are self emitting devices. This is why AMOLED displays can have stratospheric contrast ratios.

It may also be FOD (Foreign Object Debris) that is blocking an active part of the display. Something like this should have been rejected by QC but it may have not been detected.

Something like this will DRIVE YOU CRAZY! It's like a song you've listened to for years and a friend points out something to you and you notice it all the time. Definitely get it swapped out during the 14 day return window. Also if you bought any Apple product after November 15th you have until Jan 8th to return. Outside of these windows (pun not intended!) you will have to resort to a warranty claim.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Can you please take a picture and share it with us?

You won’t see it, like I mentioned it’s very tiny like you have to be literally super close to the screen like eye to screen to see a tiny tiny black spot.

Apple store is 2 hours away and reality I’m afraid to swap it and get one worse. None of you had one stuck/dead pixel?

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Do you see it on a white background or all black background?
AMOLED is different than LCD whereas LCD pixels block the light coming from behind and AMOLED pixels are self emitting devices. This is why AMOLED displays can have stratospheric contrast ratios.

It may also be FOD (Foreign Object Debris) that is blocking an active part of the display. Something like this should have been rejected by QC but it may have not been detected.

Something like this will DRIVE YOU CRAZY! It's like a song you've listened to for years and a friend points out something to you and you notice it all the time. Definitely get it swapped out during the 14 day return window. Also if you bought any Apple product after November 15th you have until Jan 8th to return. Outside of these windows (pun not intended!) you will have to resort to a warranty claim.

I only see it in white backgrounds but I can hardly see it, only reason why I saw it was I was like cleaning it and saw a very tiny spec, you can't see it if you hold it regularly. You really have to look super close to it and sometimes I can't even find it again it takes me a while to pinpoint where it is. It might be a tiny tiny spec behind the screen protector which is what I hope, I was thinking taking out the SP but Don't want to risk taking it out and messing it up. I already have two tiny specs and I am fine with that they don't mess the screen up, the point for SP is to protect the actual screen.. I am OCD when I buy new apple products even with specs but maybe in time it will go away just like the iPhone 7 Plus it had tiny specs but was able to bypass them and even I tried using scotch tape it wasn't coming out so my guess it was also a small dead/stuck pixel. Which by time I ignored it.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Well I looked better on it and saw it in a angle and it got a little shiny which confirms its a speck and not a dead pixel. I can live with the specks sign of relieve jaja

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I do read a lot of forums and some people do say that , having less than 5 or 7 dead pixels will come under the tolerance level and no replacement would be provided.

But paying a hefty amount for the Device, we expect no defect in it. Get it replaced.

This is incorrect. This only applies to Macs. Anytime I’ve had a dead pixel, apple Genius Bar has swapped no questions asked.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner