Phone arrived

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Phone arrived today :) First impressions were that it looks damn sexy although my S8 is a little narrower so the X almost feels a tad too wide but should not be an issue when in hand for a day or two ;-) Excited to set this up and have a play :)

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Oh and the power button is so big i keep thinking its where my volume controls are lol

Might be jumping the gun here as i havent had a chance to look at settings etc yet but upon start up i have noticed the display, when looking at whites look very yellowish?) Is this normal?

Never mind ..... True tone was on! Looking great with it off. So far iam happy! Iam just missing the battery percentage! Wish it had a notification LED but but i will survive! Biggest annoyance is having to reach y finger up top whenever i want to go back as there is no dedicated back button ha

Last edited:

zenjen

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
Congratulations! Just have fun with it.

I loved my Note 5 and I still miss it sometimes. Came over to the iPhone pluses(6,7 & 8). I’m really liking the X’s form factor... small with large’r’ screen. Reminds me why I liked the Note 5 so much. It was small in the hand and had a real 5.8 inch screen. Android was fun, but I just couldn’t stand the delay in Android updates on TouchWiz.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Congratulations! Just have fun with it.

I loved my Note 5 and I still miss it sometimes. Came over to the iPhone pluses(6,7 & 8). I’m really liking the X’s form factor... small with large’r’ screen. Reminds me why I liked the Note 5 so much. It was small in the hand and had a real 5.8 inch screen. Android was fun, but I just couldn’t stand the delay in Android updates on TouchWiz.

There is an update available for 11.2? Should i update? Is it worth it?

Is there a way to disable dialer tones? Whenever i use the dial pad to call a number it i want it to be silent?

Also, How do i enable the darker colored keyboard?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you should update to 11.2. There’s no way to disable dialed tones that I’m aware of. The stock keyboard automatically switches between light and dark depending on what’s on your screen.
I think that covers everything.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Phone arrived today :) First impressions were that it looks damn sexy although my S8 is a little narrower so the X almost feels a tad too wide but should not be an issue when in hand for a day or two ;-) Excited to set this up and have a play :)

Congratulations on getting your new iPhone X and I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Yes, you should update to 11.2. There’s no way to disable dialed tones that I’m aware of. The stock keyboard automatically switches between light and dark depending on what’s on your screen.
I think that covers everything.

You sure? I set up either a 5s or 6s today and the keyboard was dark/grey throughout the process and stayed the same regardless of what app i used? Maybe this was an option on older ios ?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
You sure? I set up either a 5s or 6s today and the keyboard was dark/grey throughout the process and stayed the same regardless of what app i used? Maybe this was an option on older ios ?

Yep. Pretty sure.
664ab731b09d01ad879e3e014c1101d5.jpg

c19fd61150cfbbd28eaf6026d28945b8.jpg

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
Iam just missing the battery percentage! Wish it had a notification LED but but i will survive! Biggest annoyance is having to reach y finger up top whenever i want to go back as there is no dedicated back button ha

If you swipe down from the top right of the screen, you’ll enter control center which shows the battery percentage.

You can enable the flash on the back of the phone to be a notification LED. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility and turn on “LED Flash for Alerts”

While you’re on the Accessibility screen, you can turn on “Reachability.” With this on, swipe down right above the Home Bar at the bottom of the screen, and then what’s on the top of your screen will get lowered to the middle of the screen and it’s much easier while using the phone with one hand to tap things like the back button in certain apps. Takes a little getting used to, but you’ll get it.

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
congrats! enjoy it!! when i first got mine on launch day, i was so happy and excited even the pre ordering process was exciting, wish i could do it all over again! ha

Keith Molloy

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks guys. Can anyone tell me how i get rid of the red badge on the settings app? It's got to do with two step verification process? Everytime i get rid of it, it comes back?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2