Actually pleasantly surprised

stirange

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
After all the negative feedback, I was prepared to be underwhelmed. Happy to say the iPhone X meets my expectations. I find the new gestures to be intuitive, Face ID to work beautifully, and all the blowback regarding the changes being clunky to be a bit over blown. It took a day to adjust and now it is second nature.

Coming from a 6s plus, the size is more reasonable and feels great in the hand. With the leather case it feels downright luxurious.

Is it over priced? Probably. A G for a phone is getting absurd and part of me feels guilty for supporting the price hike. But going in with a firm understanding of how the law of diminishing returns effects premium-priced consumer items, I find it hard to be anything but impressed.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I ignored getting the X initially because I thought Face ID was not practical. Well I was wrong. I have an 8 Plus and X. Weight and size alone should have told me to consider the X. Yet I dismissed it. Face ID is amazing and I'm really enjoying the X. Gestures were never an issue and we're actually second nature to me because of my use of a magic mouse.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I felt the exact same way. Upgraded to the 8 Plus and got the series 3 Apple Watch and thought I was set. Then my aunt comes to me and says I need a new phone and on a whim I asked her if she minded if I got the X and gave her my 8 Plus she agreed and man am I happy she did. I absolutely love this phone. I’ve switched between iPhone and android for years but I can honestly say I’ve never been this excited about a new iPhone since the 3GS and mms came to iOS. I absolutely love this phone in ever way.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It is my strong belief that the X is really a device you have to use and decide for yourself. I love my X. Glad you enjoy yours.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After all the negative feedback, I was prepared to be underwhelmed. Happy to say the iPhone X meets my expectations. I find the new gestures to be intuitive, Face ID to work beautifully, and all the blowback regarding the changes being clunky to be a bit over blown. It took a day to adjust and now it is second nature.

Coming from a 6s plus, the size is more reasonable and feels great in the hand. With the leather case it feels downright luxurious.

Is it over priced? Probably. A G for a phone is getting absurd and part of me feels guilty for supporting the price hike. But going in with a firm understanding of how the law of diminishing returns effects premium-priced consumer items, I find it hard to be anything but impressed.

Congratulations on getting your new iPhone X and I’m glad that it met your expectations. ...I was only interested in the edge to edge display, but FaceID and the gestures really grew on me. I still can’t say that I needed the device because I didn’t. My iPhone 8 is more than sufficient, but I’m glad I went ahead and purchased the iPhone X.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Congrats on your new iPhone X and I bought mine on the official launch day and I find myself liking it more every time I use it.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations on your X and I’m glad to hear you like it. That was never an issue, I wanted it since the rumors began, even more after the keynote, and it’s everything I wanted it to be.

stirange

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I am surprised at all that hate. Aside from the price, I'm not sure what there is to be disappointed about. With the iPhone, you pretty much know what you are going to get - the X is just the most refined version of the product. If you like IOS you will like it. If you don't, what are you doing with an iPhone in the first place? the X will certainly not convert you if you are already inclined towards android. Perhaps folks are being deliberately controversial for clicks.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I think most of the negativity comes from those that have never used the device beyond a BB or carrier retail store. I have a few minor niggles from time to time, but I love my X as well. Glad you're enjoying it!!!

lgdlman

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I was going to upgrade to the 8 but walked into the Apple Store and played with it, 2 days later here I am with it and love it. Learning the gestures no big deal, screen is awesome and actually liking the FaceID, feels like I have no security and quick open, apps are quick, love it!!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I was going to upgrade to the 8 but walked into the Apple Store and played with it, 2 days later here I am with it and love it. Learning the gestures no big deal, screen is awesome and actually liking the FaceID, feels like I have no security and quick open, apps are quick, love it!!

I’m glad you’re enjoying your X! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2