Shortened Ringtone

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Ok...is anybody else not thrilled about the iPhone X’s habit of stopping ringing when it’s pulled out of a pocket to answer a phone call, many times losing the call in the process?

Does it do this to curb “noise pollution” or something?

If this is operator error, or I can set it to behave like the 7+ did...which seemed to ring forever & be somewhat obnoxious...I’d like to know.

Thanks.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I have noticed it as well but I like that function. Using my phone as much as I do for work related communications the ringing lower works for me.

mrbjr

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
I believe if you’re using Face ID it’s a feature ie it lowers the volume as soon as it recognizes you, supposed to help battery life.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I believe if you’re using Face ID it’s a feature ie it lowers the volume as soon as it recognizes you, supposed to help battery life.

So...if I turn off Face ID, it should ring just like my 7+?

That's sad that I have to make a choice, since I really like Face ID...and if Apple wants to improve battery life, they should put a bigger stinking battery in!

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
So...if I turn off Face ID, it should ring just like my 7+?

That's sad that I have to make a choice, since I really like Face ID...and if Apple wants to improve battery life, they should put a bigger stinking battery in!

Turn off “Attention Aware Features” under Settings > General > Accessibility > Face ID & Attention (by doing this, the phone will not automatically lower the volume of the ringtone or other alerts while you’re looking at the screen.)

Also if the ringtone is being silenced while pulling the phone out of your pocket and you haven’t yet missed the call, you could be accidentally pressing the volume buttons or the side button. While the phone is ringing, pushing either volume button will silence the ring, pressing the side button once will also silence the ring and pressing it twice will send the call to voicemail.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Turn off “Attention Aware Features” under Settings > General > Accessibility > Face ID & Attention (by doing this, the phone will not automatically lower the volume of the ringtone or other alerts while you’re looking at the screen.

Just got off a chat with an Apple rep who gave me this very instruction. Thanks for your help. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77