I have never used Apple Care on a phone but I did add it to my Watch just in case I smack my wrist into a brick wall as I walk by (lol). But I’m curious about the iPhone X because it’s all glass and while I never drop phones this thing has a lot that can go wrong. My question is this: I will be upgrading every year so a 2 year plan is excessive. If I upgrade next year, will the Apple Care plan carry over to my new iPhone or does it only carry over if I get a replacement X? Their wording is confusing and I’d rather not do refunds if possible as carrying over is easier.
    12-05-2017 11:38 PM
    The AppleCare is tied to the device itself so it follows the device.
    12-06-2017 12:08 AM
    Which means if I trade it into Verizon the device they have now holds it and I’m out of luck?
    12-06-2017 12:15 AM
    Which means if I trade it into Verizon the device they have now holds it and I’m out of luck?
    If you put it that way, but yes, that phone has the AppleCare.
    12-06-2017 12:16 AM
    If you put it that way, but yes, that phone has the AppleCare.
    So would you say Verizon’s $7 a month with a $200 deductible would be better for my needs since I will upgrade yearly?
    12-06-2017 12:20 AM
    So would you say Verizon’s $7 a month with a $200 deductible would be better for my needs since I will upgrade yearly?
    That’s something you would need to decide for yourself. I don’t know about about Verizon’s insurance, I’m in T-Mobile and they have AppleCare built into their carrier insurance now. Just compare the benefits for a year and see which you think works best for you. Another thing you could do is use the Apple Upgrade Program going forward if you plan on upgrading yearly, that also comes with AppleCare.
    12-06-2017 12:23 AM
    That’s something you would need to decide for yourself. I don’t know about about Verizon’s insurance, I’m in T-Mobile and they have AppleCare built into their carrier insurance now. Just compare the benefits for a year and see which you think works best for you. Another thing you could do is use the Apple Upgrade Program going forward if you plan on upgrading yearly, that also comes with AppleCare.
    I actually wanted to do that but Verizon has the iPhone X and Apple didn’t. Basically I’m getting the pay half and upgrade deal so same idea.

Edit: Actually, Squaretrade looks like the best deal. 2 year coverage that follows my upgraded devices and they reimburse you for the recommended fix at an Apple Store. $130 for 2 years.
    Last edited by Eclipse2K; 12-06-2017 at 01:04 AM.
    12-06-2017 12:33 AM
    This is not fully correct. Yes it will carry over if you don’t do anything. You can cash it out and get a prorated refund. Also, you can have apple transfer the prorated credit to the new phone and you just pay the difference.
    knotsure likes this.
    12-06-2017 02:57 AM
    I’ve always had apple care prorated back to me when i upgraded. I never once had them not do this. Did the policy change?
    KarmelVixen and knotsure like this.
    12-06-2017 08:50 PM
    I’ve always had apple care prorated back to me when i upgraded. I never once had them not do this. Did the policy change?
    As of last year it did not change. I got $66 back when trading my wife’s ip6s to the ip7
    12-06-2017 10:51 PM