Apple Care+ Question

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I have never used Apple Care on a phone but I did add it to my Watch just in case I smack my wrist into a brick wall as I walk by (lol). But I’m curious about the iPhone X because it’s all glass and while I never drop phones this thing has a lot that can go wrong. My question is this: I will be upgrading every year so a 2 year plan is excessive. If I upgrade next year, will the Apple Care plan carry over to my new iPhone or does it only carry over if I get a replacement X? Their wording is confusing and I’d rather not do refunds if possible as carrying over is easier.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
So would you say Verizon’s $7 a month with a $200 deductible would be better for my needs since I will upgrade yearly?

That’s something you would need to decide for yourself. I don’t know about about Verizon’s insurance, I’m in T-Mobile and they have AppleCare built into their carrier insurance now. Just compare the benefits for a year and see which you think works best for you. Another thing you could do is use the Apple Upgrade Program going forward if you plan on upgrading yearly, that also comes with AppleCare.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
That’s something you would need to decide for yourself. I don’t know about about Verizon’s insurance, I’m in T-Mobile and they have AppleCare built into their carrier insurance now. Just compare the benefits for a year and see which you think works best for you. Another thing you could do is use the Apple Upgrade Program going forward if you plan on upgrading yearly, that also comes with AppleCare.

I actually wanted to do that but Verizon has the iPhone X and Apple didn’t. Basically I’m getting the pay half and upgrade deal so same idea.

Edit: Actually, Squaretrade looks like the best deal. 2 year coverage that follows my upgraded devices and they reimburse you for the recommended fix at an Apple Store. $130 for 2 years.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The AppleCare is tied to the device itself so it follows the device.

This is not fully correct. Yes it will carry over if you don’t do anything. You can cash it out and get a prorated refund. Also, you can have apple transfer the prorated credit to the new phone and you just pay the difference.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2