I've been struggling with Face ID only because of the swipe up requirement. I just realized my issue is with my case covering the bottom of the phone with a raised area to protect it.

I slapped an Apple silicon case, which does not cover the bottom part of the phone and I have not had any issues with swiping up.

Makes a huge difference in being able to swipe from the bottom.. I know many of you don't use cases.. but for those that do... food for thought I hope.
    12-05-2017 09:31 PM
    I’ve noticed this as well. The Apple cases are much easier to use because there’s no lip getting in the way of the swipe up gestures from the bottom of the screen.
    tbernardi likes this.
    12-05-2017 09:40 PM
    I’ve noticed this as well. The Apple cases are much easier to use because there’s no lip getting in the way of the swipe up gestures from the bottom of the screen.
    "Lip" is the perfect word.. Thank you. And that lip really does make a huge difference in the Face ID experience.
    12-05-2017 09:56 PM
    I have a few cases with lips and I haven’t had an issue yet. I can definitely see how some people would though.
    tbernardi likes this.
    12-05-2017 09:59 PM
    I have a few cases with lips and I haven’t had an issue yet. I can definitely see how some people would though.
    I have two cases for my iPhone X: an Apple leather and a Spigen TPU case. The bottom lip on the Spigen doesn’t necessarily get in the way, but it’s definitely a smoother experience on the Apple leather case. Maybe my fingers are just bigger than yours.
    tbernardi likes this.
    12-05-2017 10:03 PM
    I have two cases for my iPhone X: an Apple leather and a Spigen TPU case. The bottom lip on the Spigen doesn’t necessarily get in the way, but it’s definitely a smoother experience on the Apple leather case. Maybe my fingers are just bigger than yours.
    I’m using a Diztronic which has a nice lip and haven’t had any issues at all. I don’t recall any issues with my Speck Presido Grip either but I’m returning that because even though I love the Grip I can’t stand how large the phone becomes.
    12-05-2017 10:42 PM
    I actually use the lip on my otterbox defender as the guide for my finger. I tried using my phone without the case on for the first time ever and i honestly kept hitting my thumb on the bottom of the phone because I wasn’t hitting the lip.
    12-06-2017 07:48 PM