iPhone X reception issues

p51

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Is anyone having cellular reception issues with their X.
Apps load MUCH slower, web pages take longer to load, & calls are mediocre, at best
I’m on AT&T & am upgrading from a 6+, which NEVER had these issues.
I’m hoping it’s a software bug & not hardware.
I have until Friday 12/8/17 to return/exchange the device.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried Reset Network Settings?
Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Is anyone having cellular reception issues with their X.
Apps load MUCH slower, web pages take longer to load, & calls are mediocre, at best
I’m on AT&T & am upgrading from a 6+, which NEVER had these issues.
I’m hoping it’s a software bug & not hardware.
I have until Friday 12/8/17 to return/exchange the device.

Known issue. I've been working with Apple on this for a few weeks now. Feedback from their eng. department was that they are aware of problems and are working on them, but they would not disclose more than that. No time-frame for a fix. Many people have reported problems. It appears to affect both A1901 and A1865, though latter is better because of the Qualcomm modem's ability to handle low signal a bit better. The X consistently gets worse service in same coverage when compared to other phones.

p51

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Known issue. I've been working with Apple on this for a few weeks now. Feedback from their eng. department was that they are aware of problems and are working on them, but they would not disclose more than that. No time-frame for a fix. Many people have reported problems. It appears to affect both A1901 and A1865, though latter is better because of the Qualcomm modem's ability to handle low signal a bit better. The X consistently gets worse service in same coverage when compared to other phones.

Of course I have the A1901...
Hopefully it’s a software fix. Will probably just return phone tomorrow.
Waaaaay too expensive to have to deal with this.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

Based on the information that I was given it is a software fix, but as I said, no ETA was provided.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I’ve had both models and used both on ATT. The A186( works better then the A1901 in areas where there are signal issues. Not significantly better, but better. If you’re in the return window, go get the sim free version (which is A1865) and see if it’s better.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

I have the ATT version but I'm not sure of the model number. I use my phone in my shop at work where I have poor coverage on ATT. I have used my iP7 in the same shop and I have found that iPhone X actually works better in the garage. Using my iP 7 I would have to walk outside to complete a call. Since I have had my X, got it on Nov 4th, I've never had to go outside to make or receive a call.

And just for reference I have used every iPhone since the iPhone 4 and 3 different iPads up to my present iPad Pro 9.7" in the same location and the iPhone X so far seems to be the best performer.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Reception is a huge factor for me, as this is the only way to reach me- including for work.
I'm Verizon and we get the 1865 model. I'd say it's on par with my 7+. It's more anecdotal now that we don't get to go into field test mode and compare using dbm. We now get just the stupid bars which I'm sure are manipulated.
After two weeks, I'd say it's about the same as my 7+ on Verizon which was pretty solid.

p51

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the ATT version but I'm not sure of the model number. I use my phone in my shop at work where I have poor coverage on ATT. I have used my iP7 in the same shop and I have found that iPhone X actually works better in the garage. Using my iP 7 I would have to walk outside to complete a call. Since I have had my X, got it on Nov 4th, I've never had to go outside to make or receive a call.

And just for reference I have used every iPhone since the iPhone 4 and 3 different iPads up to my present iPad Pro 9.7" in the same location and the iPhone X so far seems to be the best performer.

If you happen to check, would you mind letting me know.
General > About > Model (tap on model to see phone version)

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the 1901 on TMo. Just got it yesterday and today it completely lost the cell signal twice even though I’m in a very strong signal area. Hoping this is just a sw fix

dflyer

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
I have been getting some complaints lately that people cant hear me or I am in and out when I speak to them. Not sure if its the same or not but I just checked and I have the A1901 as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73