How do you clean your iPhone X?

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
i never wipe my phone with anything usually. not even with microfiber cloth. i just rinse it with water real quick and wipe some of the water off with my hands and let it air dry..have had mine since launch day and been fully naked and still no major scratches, only little tiny micro scratches on the stainless steel but its expected and its not a bother... soo im curious, how do you guys keep yours clean? and how do you clean it? do you think wiping with any kind of cloth will scratch it?

Attachments

• EB945B84-9C01-4A8D-831C-69694E533EAB.jpeg
    EB945B84-9C01-4A8D-831C-69694E533EAB.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
My X honestly doesn't get dirty. It's in a case. And when it isn't, a microfiber cloth works fine for me.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I just rinse it off under the faucet and then dry with a mf cloth. Sometimes, I'll get smudges off the screen with glasses cleaner and mf.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I use an alcohol wipe on glass screen protector and for my case. Been using this practice since iPhone 4. Not only cleans but disinfects. I’m also kind of a germaphobe

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend Whoosh cleaner and microfiber cloth I use it on iPhone ,Ipad ,TV screen and glass's

It is non toxic and alcohol free .
whoose.jpg

zenjen

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
I wipe my phone and my eyeglasses every morning with a microfiber cloth. I clean my cloths with just plain water and air drying.

If things get too greasy for the cloth, then I use ‘wet’ eyeglass wipes from CostCo. I have a tempered glass protector on my phone and iPad Pro. Don’t think I’d use the wipes directly on the screens. Maybe a drop of dishwashing soap.

maverick96

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I wipe my phone and my eyeglasses every morning with a microfiber cloth. I clean my cloths with just plain water and air drying.

If things get too greasy for the cloth, then I use ‘wet’ eyeglass wipes from CostCo. I have a tempered glass protector on my phone and iPad Pro. Don’t think I’d use the wipes directly on the screens. Maybe a drop of dishwashing soap.
Please guys just plain water at most and microfiber cloth. Anything else will take off oleophobic coating on the iPhone glass.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I use an alcohol wipe on glass screen protector and for my case. Been using this practice since iPhone 4. Not only cleans but disinfects. I’m also kind of a germaphobe

I also use alcohol wipes but I generally do my phone device with it. Then I wash my case with soap and water to get any dirt, dust and other debris that may have gotten on the back or between the edges. I do this about once a week which may be excessive but I like the clean feel.

maverick96

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I also use alcohol wipes but I generally do my phone device with it. Then I wash my case with soap and water to get any dirt, dust and other debris that may have gotten on the back or between the edges. I do this about once a week which may be excessive but I like the clean feel.
You're destroying the iPhones oleophobic coating.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
You're destroying the iPhones oleophobic coating.

I have Belkin Glass on my phone so I’m not actually wiping away my display. I get what you’re saying though but I’ve never had issues. But maybe from now on I’ll just do water but they do say your phone is the most germ infested item you own... gotta clean that somehow from time to time and water isn’t the answer.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend Whoosh cleaner and microfiber cloth I use it on iPhone ,Ipad ,TV screen and glass's

It is non toxic and alcohol free .
View attachment 120888

Yes....I second that! Whoosh is an awesome product and it sanitizes and helps to inhibit fingerprints. It’s especially useful when you’ve had your phone a long time and the oleophobic coating has worn off.
I use it on my Apple Watch too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox