I have already owned the Silver iPhone X for some time. I thought that my unit had an exceptionally good screen, particularly because of Apple's last minute disclaimers about color shifting and all. There is no blue shifting at all on my Silver and the colors stay pretty true even under off-angle viewing. Overall, great display.

Today, I received my Space Gray phone and the blue shift of the screen on the new unit is absolutely horrible. While the screen performs marginally better at 0% brightness because of a bit of extra blue tint compared to my Silver which is more red/pink at 0% brightness, the blue shifting and color shifting is about as bad as the Pixel 2 XL (actually worse compared to the Pixel 2 XL that I tried). I did a detailed comparison, side by side with my Silver and it is like a night and day difference. The Silver is better in every aspect. Almost as though the two displays did not come from the same supplier.

If anyone has multiple units, has anyone else noticed discrepancies? I made sure when I compared that the two phones are running under the exact same conditions with the same software, true tone disabled to make all things equal.

Most likely this Space Gray is going back.
    12-05-2017 02:32 AM
    I do not notice any difference between 3 SG X.
    Could it be because of True Tone?
    12-05-2017 05:48 AM
    I do not notice any difference between 3 SG X.
    Could it be because of True Tone?
    No, as I said, True Tone is off.
    12-05-2017 10:35 AM