Is anyone here using swiftkey on the new iphone x? I used it briefly on an iphone 6 before and obviously it works but it just did not feel as fluid nor as polished as it is in android.

At the time it was alot more responsive / snappier on android and each key could be long pressed to bring up various characters so it was a little more convenient to use.

Can anyone using it on the X comment on the over all experience or maybe they use an alternative they feel is even better??

Personally i love swiftkey and its one of the first apps i download when i purchase a new phone.
    12-04-2017 06:47 PM
    I've been using SwiftKey since 6 Plus and still works well for my X. The key flow is pretty fluid and accurate but sometimes I just prefer to type as per normal.

Overall I enjoy using it and will continue to do so.
    Blaalad12 likes this.
    12-04-2017 07:07 PM
    I've been using SwiftKey since 6 Plus and still works well for my X. The key flow is pretty fluid and accurate but sometimes I just prefer to type as per normal.

Overall I enjoy using it and will continue to do so.
    Is it as limited as it used to be for ios? Does swiftkey for ios have long press options for secondary keys for example? Swiftkey also did a better job at predictive text when i used it on android v ios for some reason. Really hoping it has improved since then given that everyone says apps are better/more polished on ios
    12-04-2017 07:17 PM
    ....given that everyone says apps are better/more polished on ios
    Oh I see. Well, a good deal of 3rd-party apps do seem to work better or be more polished with iOS, but that’s doesn’t mean ALL apps are. Now in regard to Swiftkey, I haven’t used it in a long time. Not that it was bad or anything. I simply found the native keyboard to be sufficient for me. If you have an iPhone X, go ahead and install it and test it out for yourself.
    Blaalad12 likes this.
    12-04-2017 07:26 PM
    Is it as limited as it used to be for ios? Does swiftkey for ios have long press options for secondary keys for example? Swiftkey also did a better job at predictive text when i used it on android v ios for some reason. Really hoping it has improved since then given that everyone says apps are better/more polished on ios
    No longer presses for other features no swipe down for other characters such as for iPad but it's sufficient to use, unless you require other features.
    12-04-2017 10:44 PM
    As a dedicated swiper....I really like Gboard on ios and find it buttery smooth on the x. I will check out Swiftkey again at some point but prefer Gboard over it with my 7+
    12-04-2017 10:56 PM
    Are there any other alternatives to gboard or SwiftKey?
    12-04-2017 11:22 PM
    Wordflow is pretty good, but I always end back up to gboard...
    12-04-2017 11:29 PM
    I used to use SwiftKey on iPhone, but I prefer it on Android.
    Blaalad12 likes this.
    12-05-2017 04:49 AM
    Are these keyboards better then the default Apple? What the best keyboard on the x?
    12-05-2017 08:29 AM
    Are these keyboards better then the default Apple? What the best keyboard on the x?
    Whichever one works best for you is the best. I prefer the stock keyboard. If you give SwiftKey time it adapts to where you actually hit the keys to make itself more accurate for you. Each keyboard has its own unique qualities. Nintype uses a combination of dual hand swiping and tapping, which can be pretty fast when you learn it.
    12-05-2017 08:39 AM
    Do you swipe or Peck?
    12-05-2017 02:53 PM
    Coming from Android I know what you mean, that was the hardest thing to give up when I switched to the 5s. I used Swiftkey for iOS when it first came out, but wasn't very happy with it either. I don't have the X yet, but I use Gboard on the 8 plus and very happy with it, it don't have the long press option either.
    I do feel it's more accurate then Swiftkey very quick and responsive and remembers you style of typing witch I'm sure all the swipe style keyboard for iOS do.
    12-05-2017 03:23 PM
    Swiftkey is pretty much knows me at this stage lol Thats why its hard to give it up! Its accurate and allows me to type quickly , accurately and its over all a seamlessly experience! The stock keyboard on ios is pretty decent! (I work with phones so often use it briefly when setting iphones up) but its not as accurate and not as quick to type on!
    12-05-2017 04:28 PM
    To some people they are and to other people they are not.
    12-05-2017 06:10 PM
    It depends, they do offer more features.
    But I love Apple’s stock keyboard due to its design.
    12-05-2017 07:00 PM
    Swype is another one. I’ve played with this, Swiftkey and GBoard. Each was fine is the most I can say.

I’m using the iOS default keyboard now. I got paranoid about having yet another company be able to log my every keystroke. Learning to type with my thumbs.
    12-05-2017 08:30 PM
    I always wanted to swype it just seems different. When I had andriod I swype
    12-06-2017 10:50 AM
    I've found SwiftKey works better on my 6s Plus with the stock keyboard deleted. Not sure if that would apply to the X. But I can tell a difference.
    12-06-2017 10:58 AM
    I've got the iPhone X and use a bunch of different 3rd party keyboards. To me, the best part of the native keyboard is the dictation feature. I also like that Apple made single handed mode easier to access.

There are a bunch of great third party keyboards available. I'm entering this post with SwiftKey, but I usually use Nintype or Minuum. I normally like keyboards with single handed modes, but SwiftKey is working really well right now.
    12-07-2017 12:41 AM
    I used Swiftkey on every android phone I owned because for me it was the best to type on with Android. When I moved to iPhone I have found the iOS keyboard to be the best one I have ever typed on, tried Swiftkey a couple times but went back.
    Blaalad12 likes this.
    12-07-2017 08:22 AM
    i tried swiftkey a while ago, i started using gboard. i usually always use the stock keyboard but if i only have one hand available, ill swipe text and gboard does the job for me, it is very smooth, clean and simple.
    12-07-2017 11:25 AM
    For tap typing the stock iOS keyboard can’t be beat imo but I do like the swipe to text feature on swift key and Gboard. Wish Apple would bake that in to the stock keyboard then there would be no need to download a 3rd party keyboard.
    12-07-2017 03:04 PM
    For tap typing the stock iOS keyboard can’t be beat imo but I do like the swipe to text feature on swift key and Gboard. Wish Apple would bake that in to the stock keyboard then there would be no need to download a 3rd party keyboard.
    Yeah, I do like the swipe feature.
    I just love the original/stock look of the iOS keyboard.
    jhnnyblze2000 likes this.
    12-08-2017 02:07 AM
    I tried all the keyboard and I ended up uninstalling those and back to stock
    12-08-2017 03:22 AM