Why are iphones so controversial??

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Why is there always such controversy around Iphones? The Iphone X especially seems to be coming under huge criticism with people taking shots at it from all angles! I can understand its expensive and maybe not worth the money for alot of people but theres ALOT of people that never even held one and they hate it lol This seems to be the case with every single iphone release and even more so with the X it seems!

When an android phone is released you rarely see it gain such attention. People for the most part are excited to own it and buy it and thats it! There isnt this huge deal made over its flaws or pricing or nobody to tell you your an ***** if you but Android etc

I just find it interesting. Why are iphones hated so much? Obviously they are loved by many but i just mean that there is so much hatred out there towards not just the iphone but even the people that own one! Why is this?

Thoughts?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone is the most popular phone. That means the most positive attention and the most negative attention. It's just the world we live in. Most of us land somewhere in the middle. For me, I don't go out of my way to criticize the iPhone but I'm not going to ignore it's weaknesses either.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Whats most popular may depend on the region you live in! I would argue Android is more popular but maybe thats because i see so many people arguing about how android is better ha I personally thing Android offers better value but pricing aside i think they are alot more comparable then people care to admit! Its really the user experience thats the main difference! It just blows my mind the negativity the iphone gets and the hatred toward people just because they own one! Its nuts

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone is the measuring stick by which all other smartphones are compared. Some people love it and some people don’t. Some people dislike Apple and it’s way of doing things and others dislike all the attention that the iPhone gets. Having said that, the thing that stands out the most, at least from my viewpoint, are the people who cannot accept the shear amount of happy iPhone users who continue using the iPhone when, in their minds, better alternatives exist. They argue that Android can do this and that or has had a particular feature for years in comparison to the iPhone. Yet, when they are told “so what”, they freak the heck out and assume we are lemmings or blind loyalists when in fact, we’re people who have found a device and platform that we like more than any other. It really is that simple....

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Because of the sad fact that Apple controls the media and the mainstream. No major Android feature really makes a dent in the news and everyday lives for everyone. When Apple adopts one of those features, it’s everywhere. Look at the disappearing headphone jacks, more Bluetooth headphones options, and watch how public Qi chargers spread now. Apple is a highly scrutinized company. I agree, there is more talk this year than ever before. Because the iPhone X starts at $1,000 and has an OLED display and ditched the home button.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Because of the sad fact that Apple controls the media and the mainstream. No major Android feature really makes a dent in the news and everyday lives for everyone. When Apple adopts one of those features, it’s everywhere. Look at the disappearing headphone jacks, more Bluetooth headphones options, and watch how public Qi chargers spread now. Apple is a highly scrutinized company. I agree, there is more talk this year than ever before. Because the iPhone X starts at $1,000 and has an OLED display and ditched the home button.

I never thought about like that but your right. It does actually seem as if Apple have way more control over mainstream media then any other company! You will never see a new android feature make the news but if Apple make a change its front page!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I never thought about like that but your right. It does actually seem as if Apple have way more control over mainstream media then any other company! You will never see a new android feature make the news but if Apple make a change its front page!

Yeah I noticed it years ago. I took issue with it then as well. I like Apple, but the market doesn’t have to revolve around them.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have been using Apple products since the early days and they haven’t become the company they are by building junk.

They have done it by delivering what the consumer has asked for and have made billions doing it and will always be in the competitions eye.

Personally I love the new iPhone X and everyone I have shown it to has also liked it and I haven’t regretted paying the money for the device.

I just bought another one for a Christmas gift for a very good client and my neighbor after looking and playing with mine is also buying one. Keep a spreading the word, the iPone X rocks.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Whats most popular may depend on the region you live in! I would argue Android is more popular but maybe thats because i see so many people arguing about how android is better ha I personally thing Android offers better value but pricing aside i think they are alot more comparable then people care to admit! Its really the user experience thats the main difference! It just blows my mind the negativity the iphone gets and the hatred toward people just because they own one! Its nuts

While region can play into it, he wasn't saying iOS was the most popular but merely that iPhones are the most sold phones -- most of this is because of the fragmentation in Android, while Android sells more total phones in most of the world, those sales are split between various Samsung models, LG, HTC, Huawei, Alcatel, Motorola/Lenovo, OnePlus, Pixel, etc.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I have been using Apple products since the early days and they haven’t become the company they are by building junk.

They have done it by delivering what the consumer has asked for and have made billions doing it and will always be in the competitions eye.

Personally I love the new iPhone X and everyone I have shown it to has also liked it and I haven’t regretted paying the money for the device.

I just bought another for a Christmas gift for a very good client and my neighbor after looking and playing with mine is also buying one. Keep a spreading the word, the iPone X rocks.

I agree they haven't become the company they are by building junk but i wouldn't quiet go as far as to say they give the consumer what they want! I would say Apple gives you what they want and you can like it or lump it! I never liked this approach but hey, its worked out well for them i guess.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Apple doesn’t always implement the newest features, but when they do, I think their implementations of said features are more solid, more usable. Then others who have had other devices with the same features will take offense and complain. I’m not saying this is good or bad, but I’ve personally noticed that for the most part, Apple’s implementation of key features are generally more dependable, more solid.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I agree they haven't become the company they are by building junk but i wouldn't quiet go as far as to say they give the consumer what they want! I would say Apple gives you what they want and you can like it or lump it! I never liked this approach but hey, its worked out well for them i guess.

They also have a warranty that’s second to none and the Apple stores have also worked out well for them. I do feel a lot of the imagination has been lost with the passing of Steve Jobs, but there is still a lot of talent to carry them over for years to come.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...I would say Apple gives you what they want and you can like it or lump it! I never liked this approach but hey, its worked out well for them i guess.

Yes and no. Apple and any other company that develops a product has the right to hold true to its vision of what it should be and how it should perform. With that in mind, some leeway is given to consumers. Consumers wanted a display larger than 3.5 inches and they got it. Some consumers wanted a display larger than 4 and 4.7 inches. They got it. Consumers wanted an OLED screen. They got it.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
When there is positivity, there is negativity.
It’s as simple as that.
No matter how good something is, there will always be an opposing force that goes against it.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I think the reason why some people don’t realize how many people have iPhones is because for the most part I don’t know anyone with an iPhone that has to constantly throw it in your face. All my friends and family who are on android cannot resist telling you about their awesome new Samsung/Motorola/google phone. And how it’s better. Then complain a year later that their phone is acting weird and they need a new one.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Why is there always such controversy around Iphones? The Iphone X especially seems to be coming under huge criticism with people taking shots at it from all angles! I can understand its expensive and maybe not worth the money for alot of people but theres ALOT of people that never even held one and they hate it lol This seems to be the case with every single iphone release and even more so with the X it seems!

When an android phone is released you rarely see it gain such attention. People for the most part are excited to own it and buy it and thats it! There isnt this huge deal made over its flaws or pricing or nobody to tell you your an ***** if you but Android etc

I just find it interesting. Why are iphones hated so much? Obviously they are loved by many but i just mean that there is so much hatred out there towards not just the iphone but even the people that own one! Why is this?

Thoughts?

I myself was guilty of Apple hate for many many years, and here was my justification. A lot of the resentment goes back 10 years ago when it was only available on AT&T and also had to be purchased outright. There was a perceived, or sometimes real, air of elitism and exclusivity to those who had the liquid cash to go out and drop 600 bucks on a phone while the rest of us were sporting our Moto Krzr. We suddenly realized that our phones were old news while all these kids with no bills were checking the weather on their iPhones.

When Android finally went mainstream it was nowhere near the polished product it is today, so there were a lot of folks like myself who were on Sprint and VZW stuck with Android devices that were playing catch up. We didn't have what you had, so we talked crap. In other words, jealousy manifested as sarcasm and criticism.

Reflecting on that, it has actually been my experience that while iPhone users are steadfast in their loyalty to the product, they rarely speak ill of the competition. I have experienced this in real life as well as internet forums. Oddly though, the most mobile OS hate I've seen on forums was towards Android on a Windows Phone site. I was a WP user for several years and spent a lot of time on those forums. They liked iOS but collectively spat when the word Android was mentioned lol

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I myself was guilty of Apple hate for many many years, and here was my justification. A lot of the resentment goes back 10 years ago when it was only available on AT&T and also had to be purchased outright. There was a perceived, or sometimes real, air of elitism and exclusivity to those who had the liquid cash to go out and drop 600 bucks on a phone while the rest of us were sporting our Moto Krzr. We suddenly realized that our phones were old news while all these kids with no bills were checking the weather on their iPhones.

When Android finally went mainstream it was nowhere near the polished product it is today, so there were a lot of folks like myself who were on Sprint and VZW stuck with Android devices that were playing catch up. We didn't have what you had, so we talked crap. In other words, jealousy manifested as sarcasm and criticism.

Reflecting on that, it has actually been my experience that while iPhone users are steadfast in their loyalty to the product, they rarely speak ill of the competition. I have experienced this in real life as well as internet forums. Oddly though, the most mobile OS hate I've seen on forums was towards Android on a Windows Phone site. I was a WP user for several years and spent a lot of time on those forums. They liked iOS but collectively spat when the word Android was mentioned lol

I used to hate Apple as well, for a very different reason. Mine goes back about 10 years as well to the first time I used a Mac in school. I hated Apple because it didn’t have right click.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I used to hate Apple as well, for a very different reason. Mine goes back about 10 years as well to the first time I used a Mac in school. I hated Apple because it didn’t have right click.

Haha just like the no back button on iPhone. I still struggle with that in some apps lol

Engire

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I cant argue that Apple products arent quality. However a lot of folks don't like iTunes and the control Apple has over the phones. It kinda makes you wonder if the 1984 commercial isn't a little hypocritical today.

https://youtu.be/2zfqw8nhUwA

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal