What controversy? They sold 41 million iPhones during the 3rd quarter this year.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    12-04-2017 02:04 PM
    Apple gets a lot of hate for their features from what I’ve seen.

When fingerprint readers were first made available (earliest I could remember was the Motorola Atrix 4G) they had many flaws, especially Samsung when you had to slide your thumb across the reader. Apple didn’t introduce Touch ID until the 5S in 2013. And in my experience Touch ID was light years ahead of the competition.

Android phones (along with its fragmentation) often place many new features in its devices that sometimes come out half-baked and take several years to get it right whereas Apple kind of studies it...and studies it again...and studies it again before implementation, which makes it more smoother at launch.

Couple Apple’s perceived “copycat” reputation with its price point (on par with its main competition) and a lot of Android users just continue to needlessly bash. Not to mention, Android offers more customization and most people do not like Apple’s closed-source OS. I know, I used to be a blind Apple hater.
    12-04-2017 03:09 PM
    I think the reason why some people don’t realize how many people have iPhones is because for the most part I don’t know anyone with an iPhone that has to constantly throw it in your face. All my friends and family who are on android cannot resist telling you about their awesome new Samsung/Motorola/google phone. And how it’s better. Then complain a year later that their phone is acting weird and they need a new one.
    Same here. I have friends and co-workers and can’t stop bashing me because I have the iPhone X. They keep saying I have Android 2016 and all the features that I have has been with Android for many years. I don’t even start the conversation. They just come to my face and say “How’s your Android 2016?”. They’re like a bunch of school bullies. I just ignore them because I think they’re just jealous!
    TheLegoJoker likes this.
    12-04-2017 04:53 PM
    Yeah, let’s talk about guns on a tech forum, in a completely unrelated thread, because that makes perfectly sense
    Yes, I thought so too.
    12-04-2017 05:06 PM
    I think the reason why some people don’t realize how many people have iPhones is because for the most part I don’t know anyone with an iPhone that has to constantly throw it in your face. All my friends and family who are on android cannot resist telling you about their awesome new Samsung/Motorola/google phone. And how it’s better. Then complain a year later that their phone is acting weird and they need a new one.
    You may be onto something here. After reading your reply, I started thinking of all of the people I personally know who use an iPhone and how many of them make bold references to the fact that they use or prefer an iPhone. The answer is zero. For the most part, I don’t think we really care what device someone else uses - I know I don’t....
    nr2d likes this.
    12-04-2017 06:38 PM
    Personally I dislike the user interface and controls. I’m familiar with mobile devices and I couldn’t even figure out the app switcher and how to kill a background app. I’ll stick with my 7.
    12-04-2017 06:45 PM
    I cant argue that Apple products arent quality. However a lot of folks don't like iTunes and the control Apple has over the phones. It kinda makes you wonder if the 1984 commercial isn't a little hypocritical today.

Having control over design and what to allow in regard to access to the operating system is not a bad thing, in my opinion. It doesn’t prevent users from being free to create.
    Nubwy and nr2d like this.
    12-04-2017 06:46 PM
    People want a platform to forward their agendas. The iPhone is popular and its a a lot easier to get people to watch your zombie face video with an iPhone than a Samsung.
    12-04-2017 06:46 PM
    Having control over design and what to allow in regard to access to the operating system is not a bad thing, in my opinion. It doesn’t prevent users from being free to create.
    I agree actually, especially where apps are concerned. But in 2017 it wouldn't be a bad thing to be able to drag and drop a file to or from the phone. Ringtones could be a lot simpler as well.

In my case my home machine is still on Vista (no longer supported) so my SE and iPhone 7 are basically untouchable with iTunes. So to use itunes i am forced to upgrade a computer that does everything I need otherwise. My S8 has no trouble at all with Vista. I guess that's my main peeve with Apple's way or no way.
    iwoodland likes this.
    12-04-2017 07:13 PM
    I agree actually, especially where apps are concerned. But in 2017 it wouldn't be a bad thing to be able to drag and drop a file to or from the phone. Ringtones could be a lot simpler as well.

In my case my home machine is still on Vista (no longer supported) so my SE and iPhone 7 are basically untouchable with iTunes. So to use itunes i am forced to upgrade a computer that does everything I need otherwise. My S8 has no trouble at all with Vista. I guess that's my main peeve with Apple's way or no way.
    Understood....
    12-04-2017 08:34 PM
    I have to agree. The average user is not interested in being a power user, installing custom ROMs and other related tweaking. Most folks want a phone that works out of the box, and works well.
    Just_Me_D and nr2d like this.
    12-05-2017 01:12 AM
    It's not even just iPhone's getting that hate these days. Samsung have pulled away from the rest of Android manufacturers so they get a lot of hate directed at them in the same way now too, not just from iOS fans but other Android users
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-05-2017 08:06 AM
    Being controversial means to disagree. When people learn that it doesn't matter what kind of phone a total stranger uses, the controversy ends.
    DMP89145, Just_Me_D and Dukins like this.
    12-05-2017 02:02 PM
    If it’s not your phone then it’s the car or the area you live in or the size of your tv.... people always think they’re decision was best and on the internets they can voice opinions freely
    12-05-2017 02:08 PM
    I tend to hang out in shall we say... very geeky parts of the Internet. Forums like HardOCP, TechSpot, TechPowerUp, etc. and whenever I say anything remotely good about Apple iPhones the community seems to attack my comments like a pack of wild dogs. I could bring perfectly good logic to the table and yet the comments still get torn apart just as viciously. And don't get me started on the "You must be one of those Apple fanboys" like comments too. Anything positive said about the iPhone guarantees you a mob attack.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-05-2017 07:26 PM
    Go read about Glock firearms and you’ll be surprised at the similarities. Much like iPhones, Glocks are hated just for being Glocks. They “aren’t innovative enough” and they “don’t introduce enough new features when a new model comes out.” Oh, and if you like a Glock you are a sheep just like iPhone users. The thing is, though, they just work. And they work as well or better than everything else out there and are generally the measuring stick by which the competition is compared. The parallels are undeniable.
    Great analogy! I'm a proud Glock owner have 2 and want a 3rd
    TheLegoJoker and Just_Me_D like this.
    12-05-2017 10:14 PM
    If you like apple products.. buy apple... If you like Android products.. buy android. Why does there have to be a fight over which is better... Buy the device that works for you...
    12-05-2017 11:42 PM
    If you like apple products.. buy apple... If you like Android products.. buy android. Why does there have to be a fight over which is better... Buy the device that works for you...
    Well said!
    tbernardi likes this.
    12-05-2017 11:51 PM
    You may be onto something here. After reading your reply, I started thinking of all of the people I personally know who use an iPhone and how many of them make bold references to the fact that they use or prefer an iPhone. The answer is zero. For the most part, I don’t think we really care what device someone else uses - I know I don’t....
    Whereas ive seen the opposite, work with a few people who assume Android users just can't afford an iPhone, which is an opinion I've also seen made on lots of forums and comments sections. No, not all do that, but enough do that it happens.

For the most part, I don't have any friends or families who care one bit about what phone you have. Although when I had a note there was curiousity about it. I'm generally on an iPhone these days, but there are jerks on both sides, and in general most well adjusted people could care less what you are using.

I think when you have fan sites like BGR that post awful one sided tripe, it stirs people up into their respective camps.

Is the iPhone x or apple controversial? No more than any other. Agree with above posters that due to the amount of coverage apple gets, it may cause some backlash, but the only thing I ever hear about apple recently is the high price of the x. There will always be those who hate apple, just like there are those smug people on this side who look down on others for not having an apple...either way what does it matter?
    Just_Me_D and DMP89145 like this.
    12-06-2017 07:53 AM
    Whereas ive seen the opposite, work with a few people who assume Android users just can't afford an iPhone, which is an opinion I've also seen made on lots of forums and comments sections.
    I used to see stuff like that a few years back, but not so much anymore. Carrier contracts, I believe, took away that notion for the most part. ...

For the most part, I don't have any friends or families who care one bit about what phone you have.
    Same here, but then again, the majority use an iPhone. ...

I think when you have fan sites like BGR that post awful one sided tripe, it stirs people up into their respective camps.
    I suppose, but I can’t say with certainty.

Is the iPhone x or apple controversial? No more than any other. Agree with above posters that due to the amount of coverage apple gets, it may cause some backlash, but the only thing I ever hear about apple recently is the high price of the x. There will always be those who hate apple, just like there are those smug people on this side who look down on others for not having an apple...either way what does it matter?
    No doubt...
    12-06-2017 08:23 AM
    Because that makes too much sense.
    tbernardi and nr2d like this.
    12-06-2017 10:37 AM
    Why is there always such controversy around Iphones? The Iphone X especially seems to be coming under huge criticism with people taking shots at it from all angles! I can understand its expensive and maybe not worth the money for alot of people but theres ALOT of people that never even held one and they hate it lol This seems to be the case with every single iphone release and even more so with the X it seems!

When an android phone is released you rarely see it gain such attention. People for the most part are excited to own it and buy it and thats it! There isnt this huge deal made over its flaws or pricing or nobody to tell you your an ***** if you but Android etc

I just find it interesting. Why are iphones hated so much? Obviously they are loved by many but i just mean that there is so much hatred out there towards not just the iphone but even the people that own one! Why is this?

Thoughts?
    When something or someone is great people will either love you or hate you . iPhone ,Lebron James , Kobe,etc. you get it. Lol
    12-07-2017 03:41 PM
    I have owned a few iPhones and Android phones since the early days, but sometimes I really got really sick and tired of people being so dramatic towards iPhones or Android phones. What's the big deal? It's a phone after all, iPhone is one of the best and most popular phones. Android phones normally have cooler features and better specs. But it's a phone, I don't t get it why some people always hate iPhones or Android phones so much, find out what's best for you, that's it. I am happy with my iPhone X as well as my Mi Mix 2, back in the days, I still remember how excited I was when I got my HTC hero/G6 or my iPhone 4s.
    Laura Knotek and TgeekB like this.
    12-08-2017 05:21 AM
    It’s like it used to be when people debated whether Fords, Chevys or Dodges were better. People now get excited about electronics more than cars. I hated Apple for awhile saying I won’t own a “fruity” computer but things changed. I swore I would never own a “rice burner” car but my last 6 cars have been “rice burners”.

I just let it go in 1 ear and out the other. What really matters is what you as the user likes and what best supports you needs. If other people want to yell and scream they hate iPhones let them go. If a person wants to yell and scream they hate Android phones let them go. If you ignore them them long enough they will get tired and shut up.

Just my opinion.
    12-08-2017 06:24 AM
    I think there is more controversy on forums like this one than in real life. I'm an Android user, but I have family members and friends who use iPhones and those who use Android. Nobody really cares what device each person likes. The only time we ever look at each other's phones is when someone gets a new phone. As long as one likes what he or she gets, and is happy with it, the operating system or brand shouldn't matter.
    nr2d likes this.
    12-08-2017 05:02 PM
61 123