I got the Note 8 and think it’s in a class with the iPhone X.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
I don’t know why everything I’m writing in this thread is marked as spam and not posted...

Btw, speaking about design, it is just ridiculous, with curved edges on a device meant to be used with a stylus
Not to speak about an idiotically placed fingerprints sensor...
To sum it up: just another typical Samsung product

To complain about the placement of a fingerprint sensor while using a device that completely took that option away is interesting.

gyounk

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
Theyre selling for 600 on swappa.

Otherwise you keep it in a corner and have a $600 paperweight.

Most people dont take advantage of the bogo because they dont want to add a line. I never understood why anyone would add a line to get a free phone unless they need another line. You still gotta pay for the extra line even if you sell the device.
True I could sell it for much less through swappa.

Now I throw the Note8 at people and say “get off my lawn”. Which is a good use for it at the moment. ;)

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
I just wish it was easier to find screen protection for the Note 8 that didn’t impact touch sensitivity.

Zagg came out with a new one last week thats supposed to work really well.

Glass curve elite. Full adhesive under the entire protector, not just the edges.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
To complain about the placement of a fingerprint sensor while using a device that completely took that option away is interesting.
There’s an huge difference from the Face ID and the ridiculous gimmicks used to unlock a Note 8...
By the way I’m using an iPhone 8 Plus

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
There’s an huge difference from the Face ID and the ridiculous gimmicks used to unlock a Note 8...
By the way I’m using an iPhone 8 Plus

Iris scanning and face unlock work rather well on the Note 8 even when laying in bed or in pitch black rooms. How is it a "gimmick" on the Note but not a "gimmick" on the X? Its the same function?

So you dont use an X but you're in an X thread comparing the two devices, one of which you dont own? And you complain about the size but you're using a device that is the same size as a device you are complaining about? The plus is 0.15748" shorter and 0.145669" wider.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Iris scanning and face unlock work rather well on the Note 8 even when laying in bed or in pitch black rooms. How is it a "gimmick" on the Note but not a "gimmick" on the X? Its the same function?

So you dont use an X but you're in an X thread comparing the two devices, one of which you dont own? And you complain about the size but you're using a device that is the same size as a device you are complaining about? The plus is 0.15748" shorter and 0.145669" wider.
Iris scan and face unlock DOESEN’T work well even in good light conditions...
Face ID is in another league compared to Samsung’s half baked solution (as usual).

My motivations aren’t your business. I could say the same for you: are you here in an Apple centric blog to worship a Samsung product ?
Regarding the size, form factor is completely different and the iPhone 8 Plus, being a quite large smartphone, isn’t an airfield strip...

Are you happy with your Samsung’s joke: good for you.
Whatever make you happy.

I wouldn’t buy it even for $200.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Iris scan and face unlock DOESEN’T work well even in good light conditions...
Face ID is in another league compared to Samsung’s half baked solution (as usual).

My motivations aren’t your business. I could say the same for you: are you here in an Apple centric blog to worship a Samsung product ?
Regarding the size, form factor is completely different and the iPhone 8 Plus, being a quite large smartphone, isn’t an airfield strip...

Are you happy with your Samsung’s joke: good for you.
Whatever make you happy.

I wouldn’t buy it even for $200.

So your basis of facts are your experience only? Well mine works everytime so whos facts are right?

Am I here to worship a samsung product? No. I came into a thread comparing 2 devices I happen to own and use daily (can you say the same?) and stated only facts, easily confirmed, about both devices.

Ive blasted Samsung both here and on the AC forums for their downfalls. I have blasted ios for being boring and thats it. Didnt mention the battery situation, didnt mention the keyboard lag Im having on the X, didnt mention the carplay issues.

So far your argument is “I dont like Samsung”. Well thats great and your choice but this is a thread comparing (how funny, my delete key just stopped functioning again) the 2 devices, not your opinion. If you dont like them fine but what was your point coming into a comparison thread when you dont have anything to compare?

2 devices that are the same size are somehow completely different? In what reality does that make sense?

You say you wouldnt buy it for $200 but earlier you said you did buy it. Which one is it?

The X uses the same screen ratio but it doesnt look like an airstrip?

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
So your basis of facts are your experience only? Well mine works everytime so whos facts are right?

Am I here to worship a samsung product? No. I came into a thread comparing 2 devices I happen to own and use daily (can you say the same?) and stated only facts, easily confirmed, about both devices.

Ive blasted Samsung both here and on the AC forums for their downfalls. I have blasted ios for being boring and thats it. Didnt mention the battery situation, didnt mention the keyboard lag Im having on the X, didnt mention the carplay issues.

So far your argument is “I dont like Samsung”. Well thats great and your choice but this is a thread comparing (how funny, my delete key just stopped functioning again) the 2 devices, not your opinion. If you dont like them fine but what was your point coming into a comparison thread when you dont have anything to compare?

2 devices that are the same size are somehow completely different? In what reality does that make sense?

You say you wouldnt buy it for $200 but earlier you said you did buy it. Which one is it?

The X uses the same screen ratio but it doesnt look like an airstrip?

Never said I bought a Note 8 (post #88 , read before write...).
I own an S8 and i tried the Note 8.
It doesent matter what you say to me: Samsung is a joke of a company making a joke of a phone. I can say that for sure after owning quite a lot of their products (as far as I remember a S2, S3, S4, Note 4, S5, S6, S7 and S8... my company gives me one Samsung device every 12/14 months).
If you can’t see the difference between iPhone 8 Plus and Note 8 form factor, well, I can’t help you. Note 8 is taller and narrower, with useless curved edges.
The X use the same ratio (i’m Not entirely happy about it) but completely different dimensions.
And software wise, it’s night and day: Samsung can’t produce a decent UI.

As I said, if you are happy using that crapware, I have no objections: your money, your choice.
I still be here saying it’s a joke of a phone.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Decided to verify your claim here. This is in a pitch black closet, as you can tell, with glasses on. You tell me it doesnt work.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/93tyM2kdJ5dft4ez2
That photo doesn’t tell me anything. I’m somewhat forced to use an S8 on a daily basis and there aren’t two consecutive times with coherent results using those gimmicks. Like most of my colleagues we ended up using just the ridiculously placed fingerprint sensor (at least it is quick and reliable).

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
As I said, if you are happy using that crapware, I have no objections: your money, your choice.
I still be here saying it’s a joke of a phone.

So you came to troll and thats about it. Great.

Youve got an opinion on 2 phones that youve never owned. Fantastic addition to the conversation.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
That photo doesn’t tell me anything. I’m somewhat forced to use an S8 on a daily basis and there aren’t two consecutive times with coherent results using those gimmicks. Like most of my colleagues we ended up using just the ridiculously placed fingerprint sensor (at least it is quick and reliable).

Not a photo, video. Pretty hard to argue that it doesnt work, as you claim, when its easily verifiable in the video that it does.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
So you came to troll and thats about it. Great.

Youve got an opinion on 2 phones that youve never owned. Fantastic addition to the conversation.
Troll ? I’m not the one on an Apple centric blog worshipping a Samsung product.
It’s not like I would go to AndroidCentral forum writing “you don’t know how good is my iPhone “.
I’m not trolling, I’m giving my opinion: Note 8 sucks.

That’s MY opinion. I’m not trying to change your mind. Enjoy your Samsung phone.
But HERE I will keep writing it’s a joke of a phone.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Troll ? I’m not the one on an Apple centric blog worshipping a Samsung product.
It’s not like I would go to AndroidCentral forum writing “you don’t know how good is my iPhone “.
I’m not trolling, I’m giving my opinion: Note 8 sucks.

That’s MY opinion. I’m not trying to change your mind. Enjoy your Samsung phone.
But HERE I will keep writing it’s a joke of a phone.

I own both devices, discussing both devices in a thread about both devices. You own neither device, discussing both devices in a thread about 2 devices you have never owned.

At no point have I worshipped either phone. I have given factual evidence of differences and even video proof of my claims. Ive complimented both companies on their strengths and criticized their weaknesses. You have given your opinion based on hatred of a company that makes a phone you have never owned. That is the definition of trolling.

You cant be serious right now

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I own both devices, discussing both devices in a thread about both devices. You own neither device, discussing both devices in a thread about 2 devices you have never owned.

At no point have I worshipped either phone. I have given factual evidence of differences and even video proof of my claims. Ive complimented both companies on their strengths and criticized their weaknesses. You have given your opinion based on hatred of a company that makes a phone you have never owned. That is the definition of trolling.

You cant be serious right now
As far as I know you don’t need to actually OWN a device to have an opinion. I know both ecosystems quite well. I had the opportunity to try both devices. I actually own two similar devices.
I have my opinion about Apple and Samsung.
If you start a conversation about a Samsung product here, expect someone to not agree with you about how good it is.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
As far as I know you don’t need to actually OWN a device to have an opinion. I know both ecosystems quite well. I had the opportunity to try both devices. I actually own two similar devices.
I have my opinion about Apple and Samsung.
If you start a conversation about a Samsung product here, expect someone to not agree with you about how good it is.

Didnt start the thread. Offered my view based on facts I was able to back up. I dont offer opinions in comparisons since opinions dont matter when it comes to choosing a device. I also never stated “how good it is” but funny enough, I did state that about the X.

I gave you facts that youve been unwilling to dispute with anything other than your feelings towards samsung. If your unwilling to accept them then so be it but coming into a thread comparing 2 devices, neither of which you own, to say “its gimmicks” is ridiculous.

You dont like someone giving credit to samsung? Dont open the thread which is titled with giving credit to samsung. Pretty simple really.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Samsung products are nice but they've had their share of foibles. That said, IMO, the Note 8 is as good or better than their other great Note series...the Note 4, Note Edge, and Note 5 were all really good to me. Yeah, I don't get the benefit of the curved displays or the placement of the fp sensor. I'm sure there's a good reason for it's placement. The curved glass? Since I'm a screen protector girl that just drivesme crazy and is why I don't have a Note 8 instead of this Mate 9. The Note 8's display format and quality are second to none, IMO. ...but this Mate 9 leaves little to be desired and that says a lot given the price differential.

All that said, I'm always glad to go back to my iPhones after a while on this thing. However, if there was iMessage for Android?? Ah heck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox