I got the Note 8 and think it’s in a class with the iPhone X.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, Samsung support everywhere is among the worst. Apples support is in another league.

My S8+ broke and it took them 4 weeks to exchange it for a working. Have own every Samsung Galaxy S model and Note since the first but the Note 8 was definitely my last Samsung

krishnansasikumar

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
Support is one thing I'm always hated about Samsung and even Google (Nexus phone).

I've had the best experience with Motorola among Android phones, and erstwhile Nokia.

All of them can learn from Apple in this case

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I stand my position: Samsung just cant design a decent device. Note 8 basically is an airfield strip full of gimmicks with an amateurish bloated software able to slow down a good hardware. Enjoy your device.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I stand my position: Samsung just cant design a decent device. Note 8 basically is an airfield strip full of gimmicks with an amateurish bloated software able to slow down a good hardware. Enjoy your device.

The only problem I have with Samsung is their software.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site

Have you owned a Note 8? Its size is very similar to a 6/7/8 plus. The software is far from bloated. In fact, the only bloatware is from carriers and that stuff can easily be disabled. The new "Experience" launcher is much faster and lighter. The phone itself is lightning fast with 6gb of ram and is able to hold a ton of apps in memory vs even the iPhone.

Its fine not to like a brand but "full of gimmicks" and "amateurish bloatware" is confusing. The only gimmick I see is Bixby but as much as I hate Bixby, even in its first year it has surpassed what Siri can do.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I own an S8 (company phone) and I tried Note 8: a ridiculous device.
Do you like it ? Good for you. I still think Samsung can’t design a decent smartphone. Bixby better than Siri ? In a parallel universe....

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I own an S8 (company phone) and I tried Note 8: a ridiculous device.
Do you like it ? Good for you. I still think Samsung can’t design a decent smartphone. Bixby better than Siri ? In a parallel universe....

Seeing as how Im newly back on ios, is there something Im missing with siri that I was getting with the other assistants? It doesnt seem to really do much of anything.

gyounk

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
Have you owned a Note 8? Its size is very similar to a 6/7/8 plus. The software is far from bloated. In fact, the only bloatware is from carriers and that stuff can easily be disabled. The new "Experience" launcher is much faster and lighter. The phone itself is lightning fast with 6gb of ram and is able to hold a ton of apps in memory vs even the iPhone.

Its fine not to like a brand but "full of gimmicks" and "amateurish bloatware" is confusing. The only gimmick I see is Bixby but as much as I hate Bixby, even in its first year it has surpassed what Siri can do.
Bixby is the best thing about the Note8! Otherwise, the Note8 has a nice screen and crappy Samsung Experience. I tried to like my Note8 but the Android Experience with Samsung Experience with large black bars on either side (landscape move) makes using it a pain.

I am glad you like it, but it is no iPhone positive experience.

My Note8 is basically a $400 throwaway device that sits in the corner with no value thanks to the buy 1 get 1 free promos. Don’t put baby int he corner but do put Note8 in the corner... :D

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Bixby is the best thing about the Note8! Otherwise, the Note8 has a nice screen and crappy Samsung Experience. I tried to like my Note8 but the Android Experience with Samsung Experience with large black bars on either side (landscape move) makes using it a pain.

I am glad you like it, but it is no iPhone positive experience.

My Note8 is basically a $400 throwaway device that sits in the corner with no value thanks to the buy 1 get 1 free promos. Don’t put baby int he corner but do put Note8 in the corner... :D

I like both devices, Android just happens to have far more features and abilities than ios at this point, as pointed out in my earlier post.

Im still using the X as my daily driver but mainly due to imessage and facetime. Beyond those 2 things, nothing about ios is very exciting to me.

Wouldnt it make more sense to sell the Note 8 while its value is still high?

gyounk

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
Sell it to whom? Why buy a used Note8 for seven hundred when you can get two new ones for nine hundred and twenty nine and sell one for at four hundred and city making your net price under five hundred for the one you keep.

I don’t see anyone paying for a three month old Note8 with all of the discounted new ones out there.

I bought my Note8 when it was first available in September.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd agree that both phones are definitely top tier. I think it boils down to personal preference on which one a user would prefer.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Sell it to whom? Why buy a used Note8 for seven hundred when you can get two new ones for nine hundred and twenty nine and sell one for at four hundred and city making your net price under five hundred for the one you keep.

I don’t see anyone paying for a three month old Note8 with all of the discounted new ones out there.

I bought my Note8 when it was first available in September.

Theyre selling for 600 on swappa.

Otherwise you keep it in a corner and have a $600 paperweight.

Most people dont take advantage of the bogo because they dont want to add a line. I never understood why anyone would add a line to get a free phone unless they need another line. You still gotta pay for the extra line even if you sell the device.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I don’t know why everything I’m writing in this thread is marked as spam and not posted...

Btw, speaking about design, it is just ridiculous, with curved edges on a device meant to be used with a stylus
Not to speak about an idiotically placed fingerprints sensor...
To sum it up: just another typical Samsung product

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I don’t know why everything I’m writing in this thread is marked as spam and not posted...

Btw, speaking about design, it is just ridiculous, with curved edges on a device meant to be used with a stylus
Not to speak about an idiotically placed fingerprints sensor...
To sum it up: just another typical Samsung product

There appears to be an intermittent bug when replying using the quote option.
https://forums.imore.com/site-feedb...ost-reply-being-flagged-spam.html#post3029485