I got the Note 8 and think it’s in a class with the iPhone X.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Got the Note 8 for my work phone.

I had a Note 8. Very nice device. Beautiful display. Only downside to me was the curved glass caused a lot of false touches with my palm when I stretched across the screen and battery life was closer to the regular iPhone than the pluses or the X.
Ultimately, I sold it because I prefer iOS. However, for a person who either likes Android better or doesn’t really have a preference, I would definitely recommend at least handling one. Like the Plus sized iPhones, the size doesn’t work for everyone but if you don’t mind the large size it lives up to its hype in my opinion.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I checked the Note 8 out last week and it is a gorgeous device.
I’m just not a fan of Android these days.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

My brother in law has a Note 8 and loves the device. I played with it on Thanksgiving and the display is beautiful and it’s fast.

But I prefer IOS and I use iMacs in my business and the integration between IOS and my Mac desktops is second to none.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

Tried the X but my note 8 beat the X out. Very disappointed in Apple this year I firmly believe the X is a beta device and next year it will be a completely different device. The swipe gestures just seem to be slower than how the note works. Apple could of done much better IMO.

robinhelene

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Tried the X but my note 8 beat the X out. Very disappointed in Apple this year I firmly believe the X is a beta device and next year it will be a completely different device. The swipe gestures just seem to be slower than how the note works. Apple could of done much better IMO.

I agree. It’s very unintuitive. For instance with the Note it’s so easy to go from one open app to the other...or even use split screen.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site

My iphone x arrives tomorrow and i already am starting to feel i made the wrong choice lol Android is much better over all. I have no idea why i want the x to be honest lol

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

My iphone x arrives tomorrow and i already am starting to feel i made the wrong choice lol Android is much better over all. I have no idea why i want the x to be honest lol

Use it for a few days, and if you don’t like it.. then you can return it.

The iPhone X or iOS for that matter is not for everyone.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

My iphone x arrives tomorrow and i already am starting to feel i made the wrong choice lol

Just from your posts here I’ve thought that for a while. But I figured you already had the phone the way you were talking about how bad it was 🤣

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

The only thing wrong with the Note 8 is it's made by Samsung, worst customer service you could ever get from a Tech company. I wouldn't rely on their phones to run a chook raffle neverlone a business.
If i was given one for free i would just sell it.

Last edited:

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

The only thing wrong with the Note 8 is it's made by Samsung, worst customer service you get ever get from a Tech company. I wouldn't rely on their phones to run a chook raffle neverlone a business.
If i was given one for free i would just sell it.

Hahaha!
So true.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Touch wiz gets me angry, it has awesome hardware but very poor quality software. That’s why Apple will probably sell million iPhones for every 1000 note 8 sold.

WolfBanner87

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site

I had the note 8 first but just Samsung’s history with updates, software/hardware optimization, and releasing 20 devices a year affecting resell value , the iPhone seemed like the better choice for me

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site

I agree. It’s very unintuitive. For instance with the Note it’s so easy to go from one open app to the other...or even use split screen.

Split screen yes, app switcher no. The gesture based app switcher is so much better than double pressing on the home button twice now. Plus you can just swipe L/R on the bottom bar to go from one app to the other.

I have the Note 8 as well as the X. Both are great in their own respective ways.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I had the note 8 first but just Samsung’s history with updates, software/hardware optimization, and releasing 20 devices a year affecting resell value , the iPhone seemed like the better choice for me
I prefer apple but way too disappointed in the X to switch waiting to see what next year brings. I am betting that the home button in one form or another returns next year. I still feel that the X is a beta device IMO.

Mits5139

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

I’ve currently got both. Amazing phones in their own right but have to say the X just clinched it for me. Face ID is actually very impressive and reliable compared to the Note 8’s very hit and miss. The new gestures very easy to get to grips with on the X and probably the best sounding iPhone musically esp with my earphones I’ve had in a few years. Was on the fence about purchasing the X but definitely not regretted it.

Couldn’t part with either as the best of both. Both will appeal to a variety of people. Can’t knock android or Apple.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site

I prefer apple but way too disappointed in the X to switch waiting to see what next year brings. I am betting that the home button in one form or another returns next year. I still feel that the X is a beta device IMO.

Way to disappointed? May I ask did you spend at least a week with the X to make that judgement? There’s no way Apple brings back the home button. That’s like saying they will bring back the headphone jack. Those ships have sailed...

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Give it some time.
I’ve used it since launch day and I think it’s the best iPhone ever.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I am not knocking the X in general I believe it's a nice device just giving my personal opinion on how it was for me. I am sure most will enjoy the X just not me.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I am not knocking the X in general I believe it's a nice device just giving my personal opinion on how it was for me. I am sure most will enjoy the X just not me.

I respect that :)
Everyone has his/her own perspective/opinion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice