I got the Note 8 and think it’s in a class with the iPhone X.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Got the Note 8 for my work phone.

Lots of things about Android are hit or miss. I have the smart lock feature on my Note 8 set as home is a trusted place. Yet 80% of the time my phone will lock when I’m at home. Sometimes that gets frustrating.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

Since I work with both iOS development and Android, it has been a requirement to have both devices. Best of both worlds?
I just wish the end user could unlock the bootloader (Android) and JB (iOS) and proceed at their own risk.

I do prefer the Note8's display and Youtube works with HDR which I have not been able to see this on iOS (yet). I've gotten used to true tone and prefer it as well. The pen on the Note 8 is amazing if you're into that sort of thing,

Both have their pros and cons. Neither is perfect for sure. But that's how it goes in real life, It's impossible to satisfy everyone with a single try.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Since I work with both iOS development and Android, it has been a requirement to have both devices. Best of both worlds?
I just wish the end user could unlock the bootloader (Android) and JB (iOS) and proceed at their own risk.

I do prefer the Note8's display and Youtube works with HDR which I have not been able to see this on iOS (yet). I've gotten used to true tone and prefer it as well. The pen on the Note 8 is amazing if you're into that sort of thing,

Both have their pros and cons. Neither is perfect for sure. But that's how it goes in real life, It's impossible to satisfy everyone with a single try.

Very true Sir.
I appreciate both worlds.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

I had the X for a month and relatively enjoyed it, but felt like it lacked a few things that made it stand out. Yes it stands out for being an X, but it doesn't really pop to me for features. Most apps aren't taking advantage of the edge to edge screen. I switched to the Note 8 been on it for 5 days, phone is sweet, s-pen is cool. But the battery drainage on the Note 8 is killing me, compared to the iPhone the Note 8 battery life seems eh, I'm gonna perform a factory reset, maybe something glitched when I transferred everything over. If the battery life does not get better then back to the iPhone for me. Also the Note 8 will some times blow colors way out, like red and lime green

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I had the X for a month and relatively enjoyed it, but felt like it lacked a few things that made it stand out. Yes it stands out for being an X, but it doesn't really pop to me for features. Most apps aren't taking advantage of the edge to edge screen. I switched to the Note 8 been on it for 5 days, phone is sweet, s-pen is cool. But the battery drainage on the Note 8 is killing me, compared to the iPhone the Note 8 battery life seems eh, I'm gonna perform a factory reset, maybe something glitched when I transferred everything over. If the battery life does not get better then back to the iPhone for me. Also the Note 8 will some times blow colors way out, like red and lime green

I do appreciate the Note 8.
It offers a great design and plenty of features. However, small things such as battery drainage or other problems is what keeps me away from Samsung.

gyounk

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site

I went from a iPhone 7 plus to a note8 for 75 days before landing with an iPhone X. I am now home. The X is so amazing. The only note8 feature I will miss is the translate with the spen hover thing.

The note8 battery life is horrible compared to the X.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

I do appreciate the Note 8.
It offers a great design and plenty of features. However, small things such as battery drainage or other problems is what keeps me away from Samsung.

Yeah I agree, I'm still early into my factory reset, but battery life still isnt looking good.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

The battery is definitely an issue with a Samsung phones. In my experience, having owned the Note 8, a 7 Plus, and currently using the iPhone X, I’d say the iPhone X and the plus model iPhones have superior battery life for how I used them. I would compare the Note 8’s battery life to be more in line with the regular iPhone.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

I've been on iPhone for 2 years/3 phones now and never was a Samsung fan, but man the Note line is starting to look tempting. I think if I went back to Android though I'd still have to go Pixel or whatever the current "Google phone" is at the time just because of the faster updates. My last Android phone was the 2014 Moto X Pure which was supposed to get updates direct from Moto and theoretically faster than the carrier versions of the phone. It did, but still not as fast as the Nexus line at the time. That was around the time where the big messaging vulnerability got discovered that went all the way back to Android 1.x and it took forever for Moto to release the security fix. That was when I started seriously looking at Apple because I wanted a phone that had both a good camera and quick updates.

Roguefoxx

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site

I too picked up a Note 8 as my work phone, and use my iPhone X as my personal device. Glad to have both, they are both great in their own ways, and am enjoying both phones pretty equally.

Gray Area

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site

I have a note 8 as my main phone and picked up an iPhone 7 for a great deal since the 8 and x are now out. The iPhone 7 is my 2nd phone because 2 phones are better than 1 . It’s my first try with an apple made device. I can see why ppl stand by the product it’s definitely a solid experience and quality product. My notes 8 is still my beast phone, it’s fast, big and beautiful. I love Android and have actually come to like iOS. I will no longer bash Apple products. I may still bash business practices and the fanboy crowd when warranted lol. But really, I love having the opportunity to enjoy both worlds!

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site

I’ve had every Samsung Note up to the Note 5. They are awesome devices. They really allow you to personalize it. I still bounce back and forth between Android and iOS. You can go wrong with either one.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

I sold my note 8 last week and I had it since it came out. It’s a great phone but I wasn’t using it because I kept my iPhone 7 Plus. I didn’t see the point in keeping a phone that was sitting around in a draw for weeks on end. I can’t fault the phone. It had great hardware and it was fast and smooth. I just have so many Apple products that I can’t really enjoy android devices like I used to anymore. Even as a secondary device it was just sitting there.

I’ve ordered the iPhone X and it’s coming tomorrow.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Got the Note 8 for my work phone.

I sold my note 8 last week and I had it since it came out. It’s a great phone but I wasn’t using it because I kept my iPhone 7 Plus. I didn’t see the point in keeping a phone that was sitting around in a draw for weeks on end. I can’t fault the phone. It had great hardware and it was fast and smooth. I just have so many Apple products that I can’t really enjoy android devices like I used to anymore. Even as a secondary device it was just sitting there.

I’ve ordered the iPhone X and it’s coming tomorrow.

Awesome!
Let us know your thoughts when you’ve received it

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

I may still bash business practices and the fanboy crowd when warranted lol. But really, I love having the opportunity to enjoy both worlds!

TBF in my experience the Samsung fanboys are just as bad as the Apple ones and Samsung's business practices are arguably worse than Apple's.

Gray Area

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site

TBF in my experience the Samsung fanboys are just as bad as the Apple ones and Samsung's business practices are arguably worse than Apple's.

I think anybody who is a fanboy of anything can be over-the-top sometimes. As far as companies and their shenanigans, I would say both Apple and Samsung have their moments.

robinhelene

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I went from a iPhone 7 plus to a note8 for 75 days before landing with an iPhone X. I am now home. The X is so amazing. The only note8 feature I will miss is the translate with the spen hover thing.

The note8 battery life is horrible compared to the X.

My battery is amazing on the Note 8.

gyounk

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site

My battery is amazing on the Note 8.
My battery life on my iPhone X is more amazing and the battery life on my Note8 sucks ***!!

Microsoft translate is more amazing than the spen translate air command. I can translate entire page at once instead of a small sentence of text.

krishnansasikumar

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site

My battery life on my iPhone X is more amazing and the battery life on my Note8 sucks ***!!

Microsoft translate is more amazing than the spen translate air command. I can translate entire page at once instead of a small sentence of text.

Is it possible to use Microsoft translate on emails or text on the phone? The SPen allows that. Feature wise, the Spen makes the Note a great phone. I have both Note 8 and Iphone 8+ and love both phones.

I didn’t see that option with Microsoft Translate. It only allows speech, text input and camera input.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73