Who went from a Plus to an X?

VivaTerlingua

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I currently have a 6S Plus. I was pretty excited when the X came out. I thought it would be great to have a larger display in a smaller body. However, when I went to the store to look at the X I was disappointed, the screen is not really larger. A good way to prove this is to open the Photos app and look at a photo on the X and the 8+. The photo is on the 8+ is larger.

Being as I'm older now and a larger screen is much easier for me to read, I couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on the X. But on the flip side, seeing the vibrancy of the X screen next to the 8+ pushed me away from the 8+ as well.

Now just thinking I'll keep the 6s plus until Apple comes out with a phone with a large OLED screen.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I guess it all depends on your personal preference. I am coming from a Plus since iPhone 6 and I never regretted the size of the iPhone 10. I actually like it much better because I can hold it much easier now. It feels good in the hand. The size is only larger vertically but the width is smaller. It didn’t bother me though. I got used to it right away considering I have been using Plus size phone for 3 years. Again, it all depends on your personal preference. If you said, you already look at it at the store and you got disappointed with the size then don’t get it. Wait for the next year model which will have a larger OLED screen.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I went from the 7+ to the X. As far as screen size goes, the X is only 2.9% smaller because of the notch. The X is taller rather than wider. So there is a perception thing going on with that. The Plus models have a 16:9 aspect ratio and the X has an 18:9:9 aspect ratio, or basically 19:9. Most movies and videos use 16:9. I don’t regret going to the X one bit though, I love it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I had the 6 Plus, 6S Plus and 7Plus, and held off getting an 8 Plus until I got the X came out. I was a bit concerned at first over the size of the phone but after nearly a month since I got mine on launch day I can say I am very used to the X's size. Even the new rumored Plus size of the X while tempting I am not sure I want to go that big again. To me the key of getting an X was the all screen body but in a phone size I could use without risk of dropping it.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I’m about 2 hours in to my X after the 8 plus. I come from the Android world and before my 8plus I had the Note 8. I love my big screens and I’m getting up in years and down in eyesight as well lol.

I had the LG G6 earlier this year and it was also a small phone with the big screen. I knew what I was getting into with the X, and I didn’t think I would like it. But I am pleasantly surprised so far. I still have my 8+ sitting right next to me and I’ve been doing comparisons all evening. I think I’m going to keep this. The ease-of-use in one hand and the loss of the wasted space of the bezels really are a compelling combination.

I don’t really notice the text being too small for me, but it is smaller for sure. I am going to hang onto my 8 plus for a few more days before I make a final decision but so far so good

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
For me X is a great compromise between Plus and Non Plus model. Honestly like the form factor quite a bit better than my 7+ here. So much easier to one hand compared to 7+. It helps that to me the X feels well balanced in hand. 7+ always seemed a little “too heavy” when I tried to one hand it.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
6 Plus, 6S Plus, 7 Plus, X. Wouldn’t go back.

I’m legally blind without my glasses and wear progressives and the screen is still perfect for me to read on.

No regrets.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Add me to the list of plus users to the X. I’ve had a plus model since they came out and I do agree that the overall screen size appears to be smaller but I’ve really been enjoying the X and I it’s been a pretty smooth transition from the plus to the X. Very pleased with my iPhone X.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I had a 6s+ then a 7+ and I think the X is perfect. Gets super close to the overall screen size of the plus (as was mentioned about 97% of the way there) but in a much smaller physical size that's easier to handle. As far as screen to body it's literally the design I've been hoping for since I jumped over from Android 2 years ago.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
7+ to the X. The form factor is something that won me over. 7 plus was a great decide, but the size was a inconvenience at times.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro