Face ID - two weeks using it

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I find it works about 90% of the time, some issues do occur, but it shouldn't take as long to unlock as it does at times.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
FaceID is great, in my opinion, and although it works 99.9% of the time for me, I would prefer it recognize my face and unlock my iPhone a tad bit quicker, and I’m sure it will with the next iPhone.

henry007

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Face ID is cool but there's a new bug now that makes the swipe up gesture fail and stops the face ID from working until you sleep and wake. It's so weird.

loulouOz

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I am very impressed with it, no fail whatsoever! Even when i am in bed, my head half way in the pillow in the dark, quick and easy! finally makes sense with notifications when you press them and they open directly without having to move your finger for Touch ID.

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
I LOVE face ID. On my Note 8 - I had to type in my pin if I was in a dark room.... The only problem with face ID in the middle of the night, if you can't open both eyes because you are still sleepy.... LOL

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I’ve had my X since launch and while I was initially impressed with FaceID over time I’ve decided I don’t love it and would rather have touchID. I find that I’m typing in my password multiple times a day as opposed to occasionally. It’s not because I did a poor job of scanning my face so much as there are many instances in the day where touchID would be faster and more practical. My dislike of faceID doesn’t make me hate the phone but I wouldn’t be sad if they got rid of it.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Face ID works pretty well and is neat...but I didn’t have any gripes with Touch ID. I have to admit that Touch ID was a tad more reliable but I know Face ID will only get more reliable in the future. It works 85-90% of the time me thinks.

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I have had my X since 11/30. I’m not too fond of Face ID. It doesn’t work from the angles I normally use my phone from. I have to hold it up to unlock. Super annoying. I wish they did rear touch like Google did with the Pixel.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Face ID will get better. I appreciate the tech that the X has that makes it work. It’ll get better. Though it’s not 100% now I can say that it works good enough for my personal toy X’s.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I will say this about face recognition, my twin brother can unlock my device, so I think that’s so cool because we live together and can use each other’s phone if we had to without any issues.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
One thing that gets annoying, especially for people like me in colder areas is that I have to keep pulling down my scarf in order for me to unlock my device.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It would be great if you had the OPTION of using Touch ID or Face ID. That’s be nice. Perhaps in the future.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Works great for me and is just as fast as TouchID on my 7.

https://youtu.be/uJetCDZ4HOA

I mean it works great. The biggest difference is that my 7+ would already be at the home screen when I reach for it in my pocket or as soon as I pick up off the table. Can't do that with the X. That extra swipe after Face ID needs to go too. I don't need to watch a video comparison too. My 7+ TouchID is definitely faster at unlocking vs FaceID. I've done my own comparison.