Face ID - two weeks using it

tbernardi

Nov 22, 2017
Visit site
I have to say.. after 2 weeks of use.. I love Face ID... I prefer it over Touch ID personally.. I know some don't agree and that is fine...

But I really wish I didn't have to swipe up to unlock the phone. I have heard the arguments on why we need to swipe up so you can see the notifications...

I'm not buying that after two weeks of use... I really want an option to unlock my phone just with a glance at the phone.. Face ID works too well to also need to swipe up. My honest opinion.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I love FaceID as well, but I like the swipe to open feature. I keep my phone in a dock on my desk and it is always facing me. I don't want my springboard showing every time I get a notification and the screen turns on. ??????

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I also love the face recognition feature and mine works very well, even in dimly let areas. I have only had to use the numeric code to unlock the device a few times.

iamdld

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Not sold on face id. For me it works around 75% of the time. Hopefully the next iPhone will have both or at least an OLED screen on the touch id version.

tbernardi

Nov 22, 2017
Visit site
It really should be very easy to give us the option with a settings preference. Clearly that would be a very simple software change.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
After a month, I still prefer FaceID over TouchID.
I know that speed will catch up in time, but overall it’s simpler and better.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I like it a lot but realized that today when I got the shower that it wouldn't recognize my face. I didn't have my glasses on and my hair was wet. Pretty interesting and annoying at the same time!

Mits5139

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I’m really enjoying my Face ID. Initially it was the one thing putting me off buying the X. But it’s quick. Literally unlocks in the dark on most occasions and works through my polarised sunglasses so bonus.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I love it. Rarely does it fail and when it does its usually first thing in the morning or if flat on a table. I find it a little annoying when i just tap to check the time and it unlocks when i didnt want it to unlock though lol

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Same here. Face ID was the reason I wouldn’t buy an X. The iPhone X is just too damn sexy though, I had to have one and I’m pleasantly surprised at how much I like Face ID now.

I’ve only had my X for a few days, but so far very impressed!

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Loving it here also. It’s so fast! And very well tied into keychain also for website passwords. Prefer it over TouchID in every instance other than when it’s lying flat on a desk or night stand.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I’ve had Face ID fail only once and that was because 1/2 of my face was covered by a hooded sweat jacket. Not Face ID’s fault. Other than that 1 time Face ID has worked flawlessly!

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
At first I didn’t think Face ID was the future or more advance than Touch ID. Well I had to go back to using my 8plus for a weekend while I decided which I wanted to keep and Face ID actually ended up winning it for me. Definitely better than Touch ID. Not in all circumstances, but more than less in my experiences.

sekelani

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I’m on the fence wit Face ID. I have inconsistency. It sometimes works depending on the orientation I’m holding the phone and the position of my face when I’m in bed it never works as I tilt my head with a pillow blocking parts of my face. That’s where I miss Touch ID

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner