1. Icyhot1966's Avatar
    I must be missing something but I thought apps updated to work with the X were supposed to be full screen, not a huge gap on the top and bottom (like the iMore app has). Why are they like that?
    11-29-2017 10:06 PM
  2. anon(10000748)'s Avatar
    Besides game apps I haven't found one yet that's full screen
    11-29-2017 10:07 PM
  3. TripleOne's Avatar
    Most of them are like that and not full screen.
    11-30-2017 02:12 AM
  4. Keith Molloy's Avatar
    Are the likes of snapchat, whatsapp, viber, Facebook etc optimised to use the full screen?
    11-30-2017 06:20 AM
  5. Icyhot1966's Avatar
    Well the email and Safari are full screen. Yahoo email and Google app are also full screen. So was just wondering. I thought it was something that Apple initially required.
    11-30-2017 07:13 AM
  6. Just_Me_D's Avatar
    I must be missing something but I thought apps updated to work with the X were supposed to be full screen, not a huge gap on the top and bottom (like the iMore app has). Why are they like that?
    I’m not sure about the ‘iMore app, but the iMore Forums app is not yet formatted for the iPhone X.
    11-30-2017 07:40 AM
  7. metllicamilitia's Avatar
    Unfortunately there are still many apps that need to be updated for the screen of the iPhone X. Google is slowly rolling out updates for their apps. I’m seeing about one app per day that is updating for the X right now. Most of my apps though, are already updated. It just takes a little time.
    11-30-2017 07:59 AM
  8. dejanh's Avatar
    For me, when I started with the X I would say 35% were compatible with the screen, the other 65% had the huge black space at the top and bottom. Things have improved marginally for the apps I use since then but still a lot of apps are not properly utilizing the screen. It will be a while before they all do.
    11-30-2017 12:55 PM
  9. anon(10000748)'s Avatar
    Im using Tapatalk pro... definitely still have the black bars.
    11-30-2017 01:09 PM

Similar Threads

  1. My iphone 6s screen dosent rotate. HELP!
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2017, 02:24 PM
  2. Family Sharing and Apps
    By amp323 in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-2017, 07:34 PM
  3. App Switcher Annoyance
    By jmburke1982 in forum iPhone X
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-28-2017, 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD