is it my phone or my service

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
So I have AT&T along with direct tv, So I get to watch direct tv for free and no data usage cap. But as I watch the live tv it will freeze the picture but continue the sound or the video gets really blurry. This happens whether connected to LTE, Wifi home, or my fast Work wifi.

So question being is the phone just not able to download fast enough or am I just wanting to much for watching live tv. I did read a few articles stating that the iPhone X was a little slower than other on the download side.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
So I have AT&T along with direct tv, So I get to watch direct tv for free and no data usage cap. But as I watch the live tv it will freeze the picture but continue the sound or the video gets really blurry. This happens whether connected to LTE, Wifi home, or my fast Work wifi.

So question being is the phone just not able to download fast enough or am I just wanting to much for watching live tv. I did read a few articles stating that the iPhone X was a little slower than other on the download side.

I’m inclined to say it’s the data connection.
I have been streaming live TV in my iPhone 7 Plus and have had no issues so far.
If even the iPhone 7 Plus can handle it, I’m confident the iPhone X will too.

And don’t believe everything you read in articles. The iPhone X is far from slow.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I’m inclined to say it’s the data connection.
I have been streaming live TV in my iPhone 7 Plus and have had no issues so far.
If even the iPhone 7 Plus can handle it, I’m confident the iPhone X will too.

And don’t believe everything you read in articles. The iPhone X is far from slow.

I wouldn't call the X slow by any means. It is not as good as other phones in low signal areas, but it is not slow. The A1865 does a bit better in low signal, but both models have issues in low signal areas. Apple is working on this based on the feedback I got from their eng. department.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Do you notice these same issues when streaming video through any other app? Say Youtube or Netflix or anything? I will say that the DirectNOW app is pretty crappy. My experience is similar to yours and typically it's the app itself and not the connection.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Do you notice these same issues when streaming video through any other app? Say Youtube or Netflix or anything? I will say that the DirectNOW app is pretty crappy. My experience is similar to yours and typically it's the app itself and not the connection.

Some apps like youtube will freeze and do the same thing, also NFl app does it

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Some apps like youtube will freeze and do the same thing, also NFl app does it

If it's consistent among all video streaming services, then it would appear to be the data connection. I personally don't really have issues with my X, so I can't really say it's the device itself. I've had success streaming on both WiFi and mobile data. My carrier is Verizon though and not AT&T.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have direct now an it will do the same thing on my note 8 and MacBook I believe it’s direct tv not the devices.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods