How low do you go..............................

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
before charging your battery?

I like to keep mine above 50% and was wondering if it was better to drain the battery a little lower before charging?

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Depends. If I’m out during the day playing Pokémon Go (yes, I still play it ) then I like to top it off because it eats the battery. Otherwise, my usage allows me to be between 10-20% by bedtime and that’s plenty. I’ve been down to 1% but haven’t actually killed it yet.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I still get jittery around 30%. Usually I don’t go any lower than 20%, but I will sometimes get it down to around 10% before charging. But usually 25-35% is where I charge again.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I don’t have a set %, but place mine on the charger for half and hour or so before I leave work and then plug mine in overnight to charge.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i really don’t have a set percentage before charging. Up until recently, I’d let my iPhone charge overnight l, regardless of the amount of charge left. Now that I typically keep my iPhone of the wireless charger at my desk throughout the day, I rarely charge it overnight, with the exception of the weekend.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Kind of depends on what my plans are. I don't really pay much attention to where my phone is unless I know it will be a while before I can charge it again and I'll need a sufficient charge.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I charge overnight and don’t usually think about it again until bedtime. Sometimes I have to charge during the day if I have nothing else to do but play on the device. Rarely happens.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't really have a percentage at which I'll look at my phone and say, "oh it's time to charge my phone" but I always charge at bedtime.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I charge mine up at work, but I never leave it on the charger. Usually it's around 70% left when I throw it on the charger before I leave work. I don't charge it up overnight at all because I used to do that with the Note 7 and we all know what happened to those devices.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My threshold is 30% but if I ever have to charge throughout the day I will ALWAYS charge up to 100%. It’s this OCD thing I do. I really want a Smart Battery Case for the X because that eliminates having to try to plan my charge if I’m going out and need a charge

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I start getting nervous right around 50%. As a father of two boys who are as clumsy as I am I’m always worried that something will happen and my phone will be half dead. Luckily my iPhone X doesn’t like me knowing battery percentage without some effort.

Last edited:

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
About a week ago I let it hit 2% before plugging it in.... true story

But normally I plug it in at bedtime. It’s usually around 60% give or take a few %.

Right now it’s at 70% and I’ve used it all day listening to music, nothing else really!
Pretty impressed with the battery ❤️

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner