Things people say about the iphone x that drive you nuts?

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
What do others say about the iphone x that annoy you?

For example. I have heard a few people describe the iphone x as an experimental phone and that you should wait for the 2nd generation x to become available bexause its going to be better.

Drives me nuts when i hear people say that. Ok lets skip the 2nd generation x because the 3rd is going to be better shall we. I think its ridiculous to suggest a device costing over 1000 bucks is being described as an experiment!

Every so often a company will try something new, add new features, try to improve and so forth. Just because its something new / different does not make it an experiment! Its a new / different approach to how people interact with their iphone.

If your cool with that then jump on board and enjoy the improvements when they do come wether that be in the form of software improvements or 2nd gen device etc

This idea that you should not buy a phone because the next generation model will be improved is beyond stupid

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don’t have the X yet, I’m one waiting on the second generation . Nothing really bothers me what people say about the X, but if there was one thing said about the X that bothered me, it would be that Apple copied Android features.

Oh, was at the Apple store today playing with it again, it’s trying to suck me in.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Other than people calling it the iPhone EX, I haven’t heard anyone say anything negative or anything that drives me nuts. People are often awestruck when they see it.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Other than people calling it the iPhone EX, I haven’t heard anyone say anything negative or anything that drives me nuts. People are often awestruck when they see it.

That's on Apple. They saw this happen already with OS X. The Isaacson Steve Jobs biography audiobook says "x" every time.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's on Apple. They saw this happen already with OS X. The Isaacson Steve Jobs biography audiobook says "x" every time.

Yes and no. By now, everyone should know that it’s the iPhone 10. During commercials from both Apple and wireless carriers, the device is referred to as the iPhone 10.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Exactly this. I keep getting people asking “Is that the iPhone Ex?” Drives me nuts. I cant help but correct them every time.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Haha I would drive you crazy, I say X pretty much because that’s what everyone is calling it. Or I just say “that new iPhone..”

You would! I’ve heard it called “iPhone Ex” so many times I’ve slipped up a few times myself.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
“Omg it’s so expensive! How can you buy that?!”

First of all that note 8 you’re carrying costs $950. Sooooo. Also it’s not your money. So go away.

“What happened to 9? Har har Apple is so stupid!”

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
You would! I’ve heard it called “iPhone Ex” so many times I’ve slipped up a few times myself.

This is similar to all these new terms that come out from pop culture, I don’t what half of them mean (turnt, fleek etc.) but they are widely used unfortunately. I’m just trying to make it easier to communicate with the masses.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
This is similar to all these new terms that come out from pop culture, I don’t what half of them mean (turnt, fleek etc.) but they are widely used unfortunately. I’m just trying to make it easier to communicate with the masses.

LOL thank goodness nobody has told me my iPhone “Ex” is on fleek.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I hate the whole “Er mer gersh, the erpherne erks ferce er-der gert herked ber a 150 derler mersk!”

Thankfully, I don’t live in a town where thieves are carrying around $150 masks that have been molded to my face.

iMark

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
1) The "Notch": I don't notice it. Until they bring it up. Over and over again, and usually from people that don't own an X.

2) There's no Home Button: True. There isn't. In about 8 seconds, I learned the gestures that don't require me to press a button.

3) Face ID isn't secure or fast. My X unlocks faster with Face ID than my 6S did with my Fingerprint pressing the home button. And I don't need to store prints from both hands in case I pick up the phoneme with my left hand instead of my right.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I hate the whole “Er mer gersh, the erpherne erks ferce er-der gert herked ber a 150 derler mersk!”

Thankfully, I don’t live in a town where thieves are carrying around $150 masks that have been molded to my face.

THIS! I've seen a couple of youtube videos where people hacked it. by taking hours of photoshopping parts of faces onto silicone masks. if you're willing to go to those lengths to see the photos of my cat I took, you can have it.