Initially, I wasn’t down with the X after messing around with it for a while. Now, I’m starting to change my tune on it. At first it was too small for me, I’m a plus user since the 6. I have the 8 plus and I love it, but this god darn X is messing with me and either I need to jump the gun or keep my 8Plus, decisions...
    11-25-2017 04:35 PM
    Personally I was anti X, had no plans to order the phone beyond getting it launch day and selling it. The order got messed up and I actually just received the phone yesterday and decided to play with it for two weeks. As of yesterday I wasn’t sold on it but I’m on the fence currently as to whether or not I’ll keep it. I’m leaning towards keeping my 7 plus but purely because of how expensive the X is. I am starting to like the X better than the 7 plus.
    11-25-2017 04:38 PM
    I would say to order it. You can always return it if you regret it. I am pretty much in the same boat as you. Been a plus user since the 6 and didn’t think I’d like the smaller size and narrower screen. Wasn’t sure about battery life and typing on a smaller keyboard. Hated losing the home button and thought Face ID was a joke.
    Got one and played with it and I’ve completely changed my tune. Not saying the 8 plus isn’t a great device as well, but I’m very happy with my iPhone X and am happy to eat my earlier words of hate for it after the keynote.

If you’re curious about it, you owe it to yourself to see if it’s for you or not.
    11-25-2017 04:39 PM
    I would say go for it and you won’t regret buying it. I have had both the iPhone 8 and 8 plus and I like the iPhone X over both of them.

But, in the end it’s your decision so hopefully we will see you here telling us about how you like your new X.
    11-25-2017 05:11 PM
    Initially, I wasn’t down with the X after messing around with it for a while. Now, I’m starting to change my tune on it. At first it was too small for me, I’m a plus user since the 6. I have the 8 plus and I love it, but this god darn X is messing with me and either I need to jump the gun or keep my 8Plus, decisions...
    You already know the answer........If your desire is based on ‘need’ then you might as well keep your iPhone 8 Plus, but if want for the iPhone X is basically a strong desire to have it then go ahead and get it.
    11-25-2017 05:21 PM
    I was a plus user too since iPhone 6 and I never regretted going to X. I don't miss having the bigger size. In fact the X is the perfect size for me. Ask yourself what is important to you. Size or the features that comes with the X.
    LCW likes this.
    11-25-2017 05:37 PM
    Order it, and see if you like it or not.
    If not, then you can return it and go back to your 8 Plus.
    11-25-2017 09:16 PM
    This is what return periods are for. Give it a shot. If you dislike it, return it. You’ll never know until you go for it. Otherwise you’ll always have that lingering “what if” feeling.
    mumfoau and Just_Me_D like this.
    11-26-2017 01:59 AM
    I had a 6 Plus, 6s Plus and 7 Plus. Going to an X I was a little concerned that screen size would be a problem but after brief amount of time I was over it. I’ve come to appreciate the smaller form factor. Pocketability and one-handed use are way easier on the X. The screen is brilliant...I could go on about this thing all day. I don’t regret my decision one bit.
    LCW and GolfnCPA like this.
    11-26-2017 06:48 AM
    I would get it if your eco system is Apple otherwise the S8 is a nice device and as good as the X.
    11-26-2017 09:27 AM
    I got the X on launch day with my pre-order at 3:04am EST and initially I was sold on it coming from a 7+ the size was hard to get used to, and so was the aspect ratio. Soon I decided it was worth keeping so I am. I had wanted to get Silver but the lead time post pre-order date was going to be too long. So I ordered a silver one and it will be here in the next 1-2 weeks and then I will sell my Space Grey 256GB AT&T in the marketplace.
    11-26-2017 09:27 AM
    My reasons for choosing the X over any previous versions are...Face ID, gestures, and the way it looks. I really like the big screen on a small frame.
    LCW likes this.
    11-26-2017 09:39 AM
    No. Not enough bang for the buck. 2-3 months already gone from the yearly " Look at the new IPhone, I want it!" cycle. Wait 9 months or so and get a Xs at it's launch date.
    11-26-2017 09:47 AM
    This is what return periods are for. Give it a shot. If you dislike it, return it. You’ll never know until you go for it. Otherwise you’ll always have that lingering “what if” feeling.
    That and I believe the return period is extended up until January 8th at Apple Stores this time of year.
    11-27-2017 04:00 PM
    i had the iphone 7 plus before and did not want to get the X but first hands on in store and YEAH i bought it. honestly miss my 7 plus for the battery and feel.
    11-27-2017 06:31 PM
    I had a 6 Plus, 6s Plus and 7 Plus. Going to an X I was a little concerned that screen size would be a problem but after brief amount of time I was over it. I’ve come to appreciate the smaller form factor. Pocketability and one-handed use are way easier on the X. The screen is brilliant...I could go on about this thing all day. I don’t regret my decision one bit.
    This ^
    11-27-2017 08:47 PM
    As my case arrived today, I am worried too about the size coming from 7+. Will be interesting.
    11-27-2017 08:58 PM
    I got the 8+ when it came out and honestly I was bored. I just got the x today in the mail and I love it. It really feels like the future of Apple technology.
    11-27-2017 09:24 PM
    As my case arrived today, I am worried too about the size coming from 7+. Will be interesting.
    I think you’ll get used to it in a few days.
    salscott likes this.
    11-27-2017 09:47 PM
    just do it already, quit torturing yourself!! lol
    11-27-2017 10:34 PM
    I got the 8+ when it came out and honestly I was bored. I just got the x today in the mail and I love it. It really feels like the future of Apple technology.
    I had the 8 Plus, tried the X, then came back to the 8 Plus. The X as a daily driver was too cumbersome.
    11-28-2017 01:53 AM
    I went from the 7+ to the X with no issue. Love the face ID and gestures over a home button.
    11-28-2017 05:00 AM
    I had the 8 Plus, tried the X, then came back to the 8 Plus. The X as a daily driver was too cumbersome.
    What made it cumbersome to you? Just curious
    11-28-2017 08:53 AM
    My X is not cumbersome at all! It is so smooth it is unreal.
    11-28-2017 08:55 AM
    What made it cumbersome to you? Just curious
    2nd-gen Touch ID works much, much better for me than Face ID. Face ID will catch my face in weird positions but won’t if I have my phone around sternum-level. When I start punching in the passcode it all of a sudden unlocks before I finish the passcode. Would happen like 10 times a day and I used two X’s.

The tech for Face ID and it works great in execution. But getting to it is a chore, honestly.

Edit: The most annoying thing of all was when I would get a notification and want to read it on the lockscreen and holding the phone in the most perfect position so Face ID can reveal the notification, and the phone makes me put it in all these different positions to make it unlock. Just makes me feel like a schmuck.
    11-28-2017 10:02 AM
29 12