Should I order the X?

RTakher209

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Initially, I wasn’t down with the X after messing around with it for a while. Now, I’m starting to change my tune on it. At first it was too small for me, I’m a plus user since the 6. I have the 8 plus and I love it, but this god darn X is messing with me and either I need to jump the gun or keep my 8Plus, decisions...

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Personally I was anti X, had no plans to order the phone beyond getting it launch day and selling it. The order got messed up and I actually just received the phone yesterday and decided to play with it for two weeks. As of yesterday I wasn’t sold on it but I’m on the fence currently as to whether or not I’ll keep it. I’m leaning towards keeping my 7 plus but purely because of how expensive the X is. I am starting to like the X better than the 7 plus.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I would say to order it. You can always return it if you regret it. I am pretty much in the same boat as you. Been a plus user since the 6 and didn’t think I’d like the smaller size and narrower screen. Wasn’t sure about battery life and typing on a smaller keyboard. Hated losing the home button and thought Face ID was a joke.
Got one and played with it and I’ve completely changed my tune. Not saying the 8 plus isn’t a great device as well, but I’m very happy with my iPhone X and am happy to eat my earlier words of hate for it after the keynote.

If you’re curious about it, you owe it to yourself to see if it’s for you or not.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I would say go for it and you won’t regret buying it. I have had both the iPhone 8 and 8 plus and I like the iPhone X over both of them.

But, in the end it’s your decision so hopefully we will see you here telling us about how you like your new X.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Initially, I wasn’t down with the X after messing around with it for a while. Now, I’m starting to change my tune on it. At first it was too small for me, I’m a plus user since the 6. I have the 8 plus and I love it, but this god darn X is messing with me and either I need to jump the gun or keep my 8Plus, decisions...

You already know the answer........If your desire is based on ‘need’ then you might as well keep your iPhone 8 Plus, but if want for the iPhone X is basically a strong desire to have it then go ahead and get it.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

I was a plus user too since iPhone 6 and I never regretted going to X. I don't miss having the bigger size. In fact the X is the perfect size for me. Ask yourself what is important to you. Size or the features that comes with the X.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
This is what return periods are for. Give it a shot. If you dislike it, return it. You’ll never know until you go for it. Otherwise you’ll always have that lingering “what if” feeling.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I had a 6 Plus, 6s Plus and 7 Plus. Going to an X I was a little concerned that screen size would be a problem but after brief amount of time I was over it. I’ve come to appreciate the smaller form factor. Pocketability and one-handed use are way easier on the X. The screen is brilliant...I could go on about this thing all day. I don’t regret my decision one bit.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I would get it if your eco system is Apple otherwise the S8 is a nice device and as good as the X.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I got the X on launch day with my pre-order at 3:04am EST and initially I was sold on it coming from a 7+ the size was hard to get used to, and so was the aspect ratio. Soon I decided it was worth keeping so I am. I had wanted to get Silver but the lead time post pre-order date was going to be too long. So I ordered a silver one and it will be here in the next 1-2 weeks and then I will sell my Space Grey 256GB AT&T in the marketplace.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
My reasons for choosing the X over any previous versions are...Face ID, gestures, and the way it looks. I really like the big screen on a small frame.

etad putta

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
No. Not enough bang for the buck. 2-3 months already gone from the yearly " Look at the new IPhone, I want it!" cycle. Wait 9 months or so and get a Xs at it's launch date.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This is what return periods are for. Give it a shot. If you dislike it, return it. You’ll never know until you go for it. Otherwise you’ll always have that lingering “what if” feeling.
That and I believe the return period is extended up until January 8th at Apple Stores this time of year.

jayzero76

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
i had the iphone 7 plus before and did not want to get the X but first hands on in store and YEAH i bought it. honestly miss my 7 plus for the battery and feel.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I had a 6 Plus, 6s Plus and 7 Plus. Going to an X I was a little concerned that screen size would be a problem but after brief amount of time I was over it. I’ve come to appreciate the smaller form factor. Pocketability and one-handed use are way easier on the X. The screen is brilliant...I could go on about this thing all day. I don’t regret my decision one bit.

This ^

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I got the 8+ when it came out and honestly I was bored. I just got the x today in the mail and I love it. It really feels like the future of Apple technology.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73