Iphone x speed compared to android handsets?

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys. Im wondering how happy you are with the speed of your iphone x? Particularly if you are coming from an android device.

I ask because i recall owning a Samsung S6 edge before and i had read that the iphone 6s at the time was better in terms of speed/performance so i gave one a go for a week but it was way slower.

I own a Galaxy S8 at the moment and am very happy with it in this aspect. Its very quick/snappy. In fact its honestly so quick its hard to imagine a device could be quicker! Bare in mind however that on Android you can enable 'developer options' and from there you can reduce or turn off animations altogether which is what i have obviously done!

My concern is that the iphone x will be slower in comparison because of the animations apple use! If both phones use animations then the difference would likely be negligible but iam so used to being apple to customize/speed up my android device and iam assuming this cannot be done on apple therefore in reality the iphone x will be slower?

I have seen tests on youtube where in most cases the android device was a fraction quicker but that was with animations on and the phone set as default!

Are there ways to speed up the iphone x or turn off animations etc ?

maverick96

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys. Im wondering how happy you are with the speed of your iphone x? Particularly if you are coming from an android device.

I ask because i recall owning a Samsung S6 edge before and i had read that the iphone 6s at the time was better in terms of speed/performance so i gave one a go for a week but it was way slower.

I own a Galaxy S8 at the moment and am very happy with it in this aspect. Its very quick/snappy. In fact its honestly so quick its hard to imagine a device could be quicker! Bare in mind however that on Android you can enable 'developer options' and from there you can reduce or turn off animations altogether which is what i have obviously done!

My concern is that the iphone x will be slower in comparison because of the animations apple use! If both phones use animations then the difference would likely be negligible but iam so used to being apple to customize/speed up my android device and iam assuming this cannot be done on apple therefore in reality the iphone x will be slower?

I have seen tests on youtube where in most cases the android device was a fraction quicker but that was with animations on and the phone set as default!

You think that's quick, you should try the Pixel 2. It's lightning fast

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Please keep in mind that this is Thanksgiving weekend and many of our members are spending quality time with family and other loved ones. With that in mind, please be patient while awaiting replies to your inquiry. Thank you.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Here is the geek bench result for iPhone X versus Note 8

6baabc2217efb3974851fcbe094c83c4.jpg

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Bench results mean little in real time usage lets be honest! The 6s also beat the samsung s6 in those too but i know that my samsung s6 at the time was considerably faster but disabling animations and using nova launcher helped with that!

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Bench results mean little in real time usage lets be honest! The 6s also beat the samsung s6 in those too but i know that my samsung s6 at the time was considerably faster but disabling animations and using nova launcher helped with that!

True but when you see big difference like that you'll notice it. The only advantage on Samsung is it has more memory so when it comes to loading the app the second time in multi tasking the Samsung will load faster. When it comes to editing and processing 4K video, iPhone X beats Samsung by a mile.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Honestly I don’t notice much difference turning off animations, but then again I never thought it was slow even on my 7+. The X is definitely one of the snappier phones I’ve had, though there have been a few hiccups in apps here and there I think it’s mostly related to the apps not being optimized for the X.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I own the S8 and the X. My X is much faster. I’m not talking benchmarks and that stuff. I honestly pay no attention to those and believe them to be a waste of time. I’m referencing real life use. Day to day tasks, my X is faster.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the X and the Pixel 2 and they are neck and neck with regard to real life use. Like @Quis89, I too care very little for benchmarks as they are synthetic and real world use is King.

The thing most say with Samsung devices is that they start out fast and bog down over time. That is something that you're likely to not experience with the X or a device from the Pixel line. I can't speak from personal experience with Samsung as I've not used one in years though. Just relaying what I feel is a common theme with that brand.

rong21

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Short of anticipating my next move not sure how much faster it needs to be.

I was an Android user for years and had many different devices that ended up lagging with time. Have never had that issue with Apple.

Last edited:

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The problem with Android is that it’ll slow down over time in terms of performing day to day stuff. Hence why the iPhone always seemed to be faster throughout time.

Keith Molloy

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I personally never had an issue with Android slowing down but i generally buy a new phone every year. I also can genuinely say that any iPhone i ever used was definitely NOT faster then the android handset i had at the time but i think disabling animations and using nova launched helped with the speed to be fair. My S8 iam currently using is lightning fast when it comes to switching between apps, closing apps, scrolling etc Like i literally can't even see how a phone could be faster because i see no room for improvement. I would be extremely surprised if the iPhone x could match this given that it has animations to go through each time.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the X and the Pixel 2 and they are neck and neck with regard to real life use. Like @Quis89, I too care very little for benchmarks as they are synthetic and real world use is King.

The thing most say with Samsung devices is that they start out fast and bog down over time. That is something that you're likely to not experience with the X or a device from the Pixel line. I can't speak from personal experience with Samsung as I've not used one in years though. Just relaying what I feel is a common theme with that brand.

This is true for me. My S8 started out snappy. Now it’s not as fast as it was. The only time my X lags is when I want to send a screenshot from the thumbnail in the bottom left corner after taking a screenshot. The experience was poor on my 7 Plus and continues to be poor on my X. (I purposefully didn’t do a restore of data and started fresh because of this problem).

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have used both Samsung and iPhones and I don’t see any major performance issues. I do think IOS is much more stable then Android and I don’t have apps shutting down and device restarts like I do using Android OS.

Again it’s a personal preference and I use Mac’s in my business and the integration between the iPhone and my Mac desktop is second to none.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have used both Samsung and iPhones and I don’t see any major performance issues. I do think IOS is much more stable then Android and I don’t have apps shutting down and device restarts like I do using Android OS.

Again it’s a personal preference and I use Mac’s in my business and the integration between the iPhone and my Mac desktop is second to none.

I think a lot of that is contingent on what Android device you're using. I've never had an issue with a Nexus/Pixel device.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2