Battery percentage INSTEAD of icon

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I get Apple is more about form over function, it really who would actually prefer a useless battery icon that just gives a general idea of battery level instead of an exact amount.
Ok there is no room for both. So put the pct instead of the icon. Or at least give a choice.
Even on previous models I never understood why not showing the pct was the default.

I know it’s a small trivial thing, but it really bothers me.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It bothers me, too. You can swipe down to the right of the notch to see it in control center but I like just seeing the number.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I personally roll with the percentage off normally so the current implementation works fine for me.

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Either the engineers are lazy or simply don't care what the consumers want. I prefer to have a % indicator instead of a bar forcing me to swipe the top right corner to see %. Options are what we should have.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
When you receive a call while the screen is off a red reject button would also be nice. Been waiting years for that one.

Hang on. So when you get a phone call on the iphone. You cannot reject the call? Wtf

The power button on the side does that for you.
When receiving a call:
-press the power button once to mute the ringing,
-press the power button twice to decline / reject the call.

Also, when you receive a call and press one of the volume buttons, this will mute the ringing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
The power button on the side does that for you.
When receiving a call:
-press the power button once to mute the ringing,
-press the power button twice to decline / reject the call.

Also, when you receive a call and press one of the volume buttons, this will mute the ringing.

At least thats something i guess but isnt that pretty stupid too? Oh well! The iphone x has far too many drawbacks to warrant its price tag! I really want to like it but its like apple are holding it back from reaching its true potential

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
At least thats something i guess but isnt that pretty stupid too? Oh well! The iphone x has far too many drawbacks to warrant its price tag! I really want to like it but its like apple are holding it back from reaching its true potential

You’re more like to involuntarily press the red button and decline the call when you take the phone out of your pockets.
Accidentally swiping to answer a call is less likely.
Accidentally pressing the power button, however not unlikely, is easier to avoid.

So, in other words, it’s hardly a PITA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
You’re more like to involuntarily press the red button and decline the call when you take the phone out of your pockets.
Accidentally swiping to answer a call is less likely.
Accidentally pressing the power button, however not unlikely, is easier to avoid.

So, in other words, it’s hardly a PITA.

Its certainly not a big deal but it does seem silly how they went about it. On android you pretty much just swipe one direction to answer and swipe in the opposite direction to cancel. Very simple.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Its certainly not a big deal but it does seem silly how they went about it. On android you pretty much just swipe one direction to answer and swipe in the opposite direction to cancel. Very simple.

Licenses and stuff.
If Apple would’ve used the same, they would have been accused of copying it.
And since I’ve never used an Android device in my life, I don’t miss it at all.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
They won’t read these forums. Here’s how you can send feedback:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/#mn_p

I just suggested they change the control centre gesture to a swipe in from the right edge almost like people edge on samsung devices! Battery % would be nice too. I really hope they move the time to underneath the notch and that way they can use the top left corner for more indicators like location, bluetooth etc

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just suggested they change the control centre gesture to a swipe in from the right edge almost like people edge on samsung devices! Battery % would be nice too. I really hope they move the time to underneath the notch and that way they can use the top left corner for more indicators like location, bluetooth etc

Swipe from right edge is to change pages/screens for apps. On lock screen that’s the camera. Not sure they’ll change it but never know!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
And this is a pain in the @ss. A red reject button would be nice. :rolleyes:

How many calls and how often do you feel the need to reject? I rarely actually reject a call. Even with telemarketers, I just press the power button to mute the ringer. Don't see it as a "pain in the..." at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73