My understanding is that Face id keeps your notifications private until face id unlocks the device and then displays the content of each notification right? But what if your using the phone unlocked and a notification pops up randomly? Can i set this to be private also? I use my phone for work and sometimes show customers content my device so i would want any pop ups to remain private if possible.
    zenjen likes this.
    11-25-2017 07:58 AM
    My understanding is that Face id keeps your notifications private until face id unlocks the device and then displays the content of each notification right? But what if your using the phone unlocked and a notification pops up randomly? Can i set this to be private also? I use my phone for work and sometimes show customers content my device so i would want any pop ups to remain private if possible.
    In Settings > Notifications > Show Preview you can manage the way previews are shown.

My advice is to set it to Never and see if previews are still shown.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 11-25-2017 at 10:50 AM.
    11-25-2017 08:09 AM
    In Settings > Notifications > Show Preview you can manage the way previews are shown.

My advice is to set it to Never and see it previews are still shown.
    This.

Disable pop ups on apps you want to be private if there’s a chance something comes in at the wrong time.
    Blaalad12 likes this.
    11-25-2017 09:00 AM
    Thanks guys
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-25-2017 09:49 AM
    One more question guys whilst on the topic of notifications. You know the small red badge that is displayed alongside each app? Can this be turned off for certain apps? There may be some apps that iam happy to receive notifications from for example but i do not want to have to go constantly go in to the app just to clear the badge! Email app in particular!
    11-25-2017 12:14 PM
    Yes it’s under notifications and app badge
    Blaalad12 likes this.
    11-25-2017 12:25 PM
    One more question guys whilst on the topic of notifications. You know the small red badge that is displayed alongside each app? Can this be turned off for certain apps? There may be some apps that iam happy to receive notifications from for example but i do not want to have to go constantly go in to the app just to clear the badge! Email app in particular!
    Settings > Notifications

Find the app and turn off what you want. There's a section in each app for what displays when a notification comes in, should be one for badge.
    Keith Molloy likes this.
    11-27-2017 04:35 AM